Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Maybe I would be better selling on Line, do you think Done Deal or somewhere like that would be any good?

You could try. Check to see what others are selling for to get an idea of what you might be able to sell for.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I think if you got €15 you might be doing okay.
    Dvd's like cd's are becoming a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If you go on the CEX website, they give the prices they buy DVDs for. Unless you have boxsets, you're look less than a euro for a DVD.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The florist in Manor shopping centre is the latest to go. Pity as its a nice addition. I assume the guy selling the phone covers will be the next to go! What about the sky tv guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Soprano's is open again :)
    Seems to be a pop-up kebab house as it just has one of those bright cardboard signs nailed over the door... Passion Kebab I think

• Advertisement

The Ireland game will be shown on a big screen in the square next Saturday.
    http://traleetoday.ie/soccer-fans-look-forward-big-screening-square-next-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Looks like a full programme of events next Weekend. County Museum with Casement Exhibition is free next Friday as well. Barbie in the Town Park next Saturday night as well. Tickets a tenner. An opportunity for boardies to meet up?

http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/traleegoesmedieval/thefile,12262,en.pdf

Sure we can....I'll meet ya at the archery wall, you wear an apple....I'll be the lunatic with the bow and arrow
    ;):)

Sure we can....I'll meet ya at the archery wall, you wear an apple....I'll be the lunatic with the bow and arrow
    ;):)

I think I'm safe enough what with your eyesight from constantly wang king. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There's a new shop selling pukka tea and coffee open on Edward Street where the Italian cafe used to be. Probably will be some competition for Amaretto although Edward St is a poor location.

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    There's a new shop selling pukka tea and coffee open on Edward Street where the Italian cafe used to be. Probably will be some competition for Amaretto although Edward St is a poor location.

are they doing any take-away drinks or sandwiches?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    xxyyzz wrote: »

are they doing any take-away drinks or sandwiches?
    I didn't go in so not sure.

Don't forget there is a lot of events happening in Tralee this weekend to celebrate Tralee's 800th birthday!
    https://www.facebook.com/Tralee800-435977623265916/?fref=ts

Don't forget there is a lot of events happening in Tralee this weekend to celebrate Tralee's 800th birthday!
    https://www.facebook.com/Tralee800-435977623265916/?fref=ts

What was it like year 1 ciarrai ? Has much changed since you were a cailín?

Went to see the Delorentos in the Square last night. Very good band but a really poor crowd in fairness - probably no more than 300. Free concert with a well known band and they couldn't even get a crowd!!

kn wrote: »
    Went to see the Delorentos in the Square last night. Very good band but a really poor crowd in fairness - probably no more than 300. Free concert with a well known band and they couldn't even get a crowd!!

I would have gone but wrecked tired, what with being 9 months pregnant! I know a few who went & all we're saying how small crowd was. It wasn't well enough advertised by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It was pretty badly adverstised which seems to be quite common with such events, I'm a big fan of Delorentos and I only heard of it at around 9pm last night so couldn't make it, I follow Delorentos on Facebook but their post about the event never appeared on my fecking timeline.

I disagree it was well advertised . There are huge billboards all around town, it got mentioned on radio and Facebook...I think apathy is the main culprit here.
    I went down at 7pm to see the medievalsl reenactment, and it was well staged and bloody brilliant! A credit to all who took part....but approx 200 people showed up ...
    We cant have it all ways, we cant complain about Killarney this, and Killarney that, and we have something good on our doorstep and just ignore it.......and breathe! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

I disagree it was well advertised . There are huge billboards all around town, it got mentioned on radio and Facebook...I think apathy is the main culprit here.
    I went down at 7pm to see the medievalsl reenactment, and it was well staged and bloody brilliant! A credit to all who took part....but approx 200 people showed up ...
    We cant have it all ways, we cant complain about Killarney this, and Killarney that, and we have something good on our doorstep and just ignore it.......and breathe! :)

Here here!!!

Yes I do think it was adequately advertised.... Radio, social media, press, Bill boards in town, postal flyer drops etc etc bar actually knocking on doors there isn't a whole pile more that could have been done!!!

They started putting the billboards up in the mall & Denny street Friday afternoon when I was in town! Bit on the late side! I saw no posters up anywhere, apart from a few leaflets in Costa. I had hear about it as I saw it here & Facebook, but a lot of people who are facebook users & live locally said they heard very last minute about it. Obviously not everyone will hear about it, and there's only so much advertising you can do.

My business got 1 leaflet of the event through the the post, but none dropped in for customers nor any posters.

• Advertisement

They started putting the billboards up in the mall & Denny street Friday afternoon when I was in town! Bit on the late side! I saw no posters up anywhere, apart from a few leaflets in Costa. I had hear about it as I saw it here & Facebook, but a lot of people who are facebook users & live locally said they heard very last minute about it. Obviously not everyone will hear about it, and there's only so much advertising you can do.

My business got 1 leaflet of the event through the the post, but none dropped in for customers nor any posters.

It was posted in this very thread a week ago, billboards went up outside the aib bank last Tues. It was well advertised , people just didn't notice or care.
    The schools knew about it for weeks as they had a competition for crafts etc and Presentation and Moyderwell won and were presented with their medals on Friday.... it's all over Tralee.ie and the county museums page,
    Do people have to be led by the hand?
    It's still on today if anybody is up and around

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Pity the weather is so bad today, we were planning on going into town to see what was happening in the park etc

It was posted in this very thread a week ago, billboards went up outside the aib bank last Tues. It was well advertised , people just didn't notice or care.
    The schools knew about it for weeks as they had a competition for crafts etc and Presentation and Moyderwell won and were presented with their medals on Friday.... it's all over Tralee.ie and the county museums page,
    Do people have to be led by the hand?
    It's still on today if anybody is up and around

Believe me there was no bill boards up outside AIB since last Tuesday. I was at the bank everyday last week & it was Friday I witnessed them putting it up outside the door!

Believe me there was no bill boards up outside AIB since last Tuesday. I was at the bank everyday last week & it was Friday I witnessed them putting it up outside the door!

It went up on Tuesday alright, may have been taken down in the interim, as I was walking past it when it was done :)
    Still though, loads of advertising done for it, we've inky git the crap weather to blame today .. still going to have a go at the archery today if possible :)

Was just down there ....tis wet! :):):D

Typical with the weather. I thought it was mint to be nice this weekend too!

I ended up not being able to go to anything this weekend. Hospital last night overnight & now at home with bed rest. Oh well! thankfully everything ok, just being cautious! If weather was nice I'd be going mad!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Typical with the weather. I thought it was mint to be nice this weekend too!

I ended up not being able to go to anything this weekend. Hospital last night overnight & now at home with bed rest. Oh well! thankfully everything ok, just being cautious! If weather was nice I'd be going mad!

When are you due? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Congrats btw, I mustn't have been here in ages if you're 9 months gone.

beertons wrote: »
    When are you due? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Congrats btw, I mustn't have been here in ages if you're 9 months gone.

I'm due in just over 2 weeks already!! We know what we are having but I'll keep that a surprise for here! As much as 9 months feels like forever, it also flew by!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Hi guys, just wondering would anybody know where I could get some cardboard boxes tomorrow?

• Advertisement

kaiser31 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering would anybody know where I could get some cardboard boxes tomorrow?

Try some of the supermarkets in the morning, they would have plenty.

Advertisement