Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    yeah and only 2 yesterday so its not too bad here, but a big jump nationwide unfortunately, almost doubled since yesterday.

You can't read anything into day-to-day changes in the daily figures, there are just too many variables that can result in random fluctuations.

To get an idea of trends, you'd need to look at rolling five or seven-day averages.

In the absence of counter-measures, the increase would have been exponential, which would have been absolutely disastrous. But the increase actually seems to have levelled off, in percentage terms, and hopefully will start to decline soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I see David O Sullivan the well known photographer has passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Saw that earlier...he was a relatively young man, never happier than when walking around town with his mam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Saw that earlier...he was a relatively young man, never happier than when walking around town with his mam

Indeed, I think he was only 44. I’d imagine most people would have known him from around about the place.
    RIP

• Advertisement

bobdcow wrote: »
    On a lighter note - and maybe Paul can join in and elaborate.....

surely cheese would be the norm on a taco fries, would you not have to request them without cheese?? :)

P.S - i'm looking forward to them too!

Without cheese is sacrilegious really. You gotta have the cheese!!
    While on the subject. What takeaways are actually open around town these days?

While it’s common knowledge that Rajas is the only one in town that will survive a nuclear holocaust, I’m sure others are too?

Without cheese is sacrilegious really. You gotta have the cheese!!
    While on the subject. What takeaways are actually open around town these days?

While it’s common knowledge that Rajas is the only one in town that will survive a nuclear holocaust, I’m sure others are too?

Pizza time.
    Dinanos
    Burger king / subway
    Tasty Bite
    Potasta.

Bound to be a few more

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Pizza time.
    Dinanos
    Burger king / subway
    Tasty Bite
    Potasta.

Bound to be a few more

I think Apache Pizza are open in Oakpark. You can order online. I saw Dominos pizza were open yesterday evening when I drove passed.

Are any of the Chinese restaurants open?

I think Apache Pizza are open in Oakpark. You can order online. I saw Dominos pizza were open yesterday evening when I drove passed.

Are any of the Chinese restaurants open?

I got a text from Pagoda last week saying they were doing delivery... but I don't know if that's changed..

I think the pizza place in the Horan centre is open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

For Chinese i think the station house out in Blenerville is open for a few days a week,"Due to the corona virus we decided to open for takeaway only from Thursday to Sunday 4pm to 10 pm( for the moment). Thank you for your supporting and understanding. To order please contact us on☎️ 066 7117517". , Kali Kebab was open too last night when i walked past not too sure if its phone in or not .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The roast house is doing takeaway today and Saturday. Check their Facebook page for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michael Prendergast recovered and on TLLS tonight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I couldn't place who it was but the Kingdom greyhound stadium posted it up on their page. I didn't know him personally, but definitely knew him to see from around the town. RIP & condolences to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Paulrio456 wrote: »
    We will forgive you as you certainly are in a minority!!

No, I'm in the same group. I just don't see the attraction

I think the pizza place in the Horan centre is open

Have they started doing pizza yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP
    amadain wrote: »
    Sadly the first death in St. Brendan's Park reported today

Sadly, Mr C. was the first in Kerry. He hadn't been outside the door in months, so the mind boggles on how this virus is actually spread.

Have they started doing pizza yet?

Sorry, I just saw it advertised from the outside and persummed it was open, not sure now.

WELL DONE Paul and staff.

A Top Class establishment providing huge local employment and Great Food - all day, everyday!

• Advertisement

Free taco fries for the shill ?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

I tried their Taco fries for the first time a week before they closed, I'm looking forward to the second time

Now 79 confirmed cases in Kerry, +7 from yesterday.

22 more people have died, Total who have died to 120.

Tested positive, total to 4,273.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

There was a sign on Mizzoni Pizza at the Horan Center - it just said Pizza starting soon.

I asked them 2 weeks ago when it was starting and he told me next week - so there must be a small delay in the starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

bobdcow wrote: »
    There was a sign on Mizzoni Pizza at the Horan Center - it just said Pizza starting soon.

I asked them 2 weeks ago when it was starting and he told me next week - so there must be a small delay in the starting up.

He told me last week that everything was ready to go but waiting for gas connection.

He told me last week that everything was ready to go but waiting for gas connection.

Passed by today. No coming soon sign visible

amadain wrote: »
    Sadly, Mr C. was the first in Kerry. He hadn't been outside the door in months, so the mind boggles on how this virus is actually spread.

Friends, family, health workers, home help, etc calling to the house. There wouldn’t be any great mystery unless he had met literally no one.
    It’s older people that are more susceptible to the illness unfortunately, a visiting person may not know they had it and were spreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Passed by today. No coming soon sign visible

The sign is a hand written one on an a4 sheet of paper stuck on the door - unless you walked past the door you wouldn't see it - its under the 2 people at a time in the shop sign.

The number of confirmed cases in Kerry has risen to 84. Seventeen more people have died from the Coronavirus in Ireland.

http://traleetoday.ie/there-are-five-more-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus-in-kerry/?fbclid=IwAR1_NrBB_YwOksIhZueei5HmOAguFiGU4NxMBpWeCJ_G5Q-17XO1m3SOBic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The number of confirmed cases in Kerry has risen to 84. Seventeen more people have died from the Coronavirus in Ireland.

http://traleetoday.ie/there-are-five-more-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus-in-kerry/?fbclid=IwAR1_NrBB_YwOksIhZueei5HmOAguFiGU4NxMBpWeCJ_G5Q-17XO1m3SOBic

What I am waiting for is to see the 'infected' coming down the Mall like the Zombie apocalypse - Christy will have some company at least!

Advertisement