Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

kn wrote: »
    What I am waiting for is to see the 'infected' coming down the Mall like the Zombie apocalypse - Christy will have some company at least!

Ah now hes not the worst of them theres way worse than him walking the streets , cheap dig pal , hes just different but no harm in him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    Ah now hes not the worst of them theres way worse than him walking the streets , cheap dig pal , hes just different but no harm in him

Quite the opposite... extremely dangerous individual and to think otherwise is foolish

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

you on about tick tock who i thought he was referring to or the other , he does his dancing but responds well to **** off , i can see why some would be afraid of him but his bark is worse than his bite , its just drink hes not extremely dangerous , the drug peddlers are far more dangerous than him , god only knows what crap they are selling to kids and customers

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    you on about tick tock who i thought he was referring to or the other , he does his dancing but responds well to **** off , i can see why some would be afraid of him but his bark is worse than his bite , its just drink hes not extremely dangerous , the drug peddlers are far more dangerous than him , god only knows what crap they are selling to kids and customers

No, he wasn't on about tictoc
    And you're still wrong ..this is a guy who has numerous assault charges against him..one against an 80yo woman...he has a habit of punching women
    His own mother took a barring order out against him
    He's away again thankfully, but it won't be for long

Seeing reports on Facebook of a local takeaway doing deliverys...
    but doing all the cooking from home....
    The same establishment has a fairly poor rep as it is and This will finish them off once the FSAI get hold of them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No, he wasn't on about tictoc
    And you're still wrong ..this is a guy who has numerous assault charges against him..one against an 80yo woman...he has a habit of punching women
    His own mother took a barring order out against him
    He's away again thankfully, but it won't be for long

Yeah definitely not ticktoc he was referring to! I remember reading a few months ago that he indecently exposed himself to some women who were sat on a bench in town and was doing more than just that. Repulsive. He was in jail for it a few months ago!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Reports that Debenhams are in a bit of trouble, again. Not surprising given what's happening at the moment, but they have been in this position before. Not nice for the staff to have to worry about on top of everything else.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0403/1128353-debenhams-uk/?fbclid=IwAR3Po4j96Vqlrc6Uo0fDKbCeKetO3vrx-PoxCa46dtdrBoywWLP87c7D7N8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The same establishment has a fairly poor rep as it is and This will finish them off once the FSAI get hold of them

Which place is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If you know this is true then I would consider it is your civic duty to report it to the FSAI rather than posting about it on here.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

If you know this is true then I would consider it is your civic duty to report it to the FSAI rather than posting about it on here.

It has been reported and just eat have removed them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It was Christy Healy I was referring to. I'm not aware of him assaulting elderly women but I have seen him aggressively tackle tourists. He is a nuisance. There was a reason why Judge O'Connor barred him from the Town centre.

It was Christy Healy I was referring to. I'm not aware of him assaulting elderly women but I have seen him aggressively tackle tourists. He is a nuisance. There was a reason why Judge O'Connor barred him from the Town centre.

Is that the guy who is often drinking cans in the Horan Centre carpark?

Adiboo wrote: »

You could see him anywhere..but yes thats him most likely, it's one of his haunts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

14 cases currently being treated in UHK:

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1246784533778882562

• Registered Users Posts: 36 StoryBuuud

Not to be a rat or anything but I live in town and every day for the last week I've noticed Nicky from Nicky's Barbers at the top of Rock Street opening up and letting a couple of fellas in. He's doing it every day and leaves the shutters down and has the door covered with black bags. I've reported it to the Guards but they've done nothing.

Personally think it's a disgrace.

Adiboo wrote: »

Yip. Judge O'Connor had barred him from passing the grotto so he was hanging out there a longtime. No idea if that is still in place. I've seen him generally hanging around St John's in more recent times.

StoryBuuud wrote: »
    Not to be a rat or anything but I live in town and every day for the last week I've noticed Nicky from Nicky's Barbers at the top of Rock Street opening up and letting a couple of fellas in. He's doing it every day and leaves the shutters down and has the door covered with black bags. I've reported it to the Guards but they've done nothing.

Personally think it's a disgrace.

Letting the side down for sure but he is actually not doing anything illegal so the Gardai really would have no standing other than to wag their finger at him and going tut tut. And their is no licencing they can threaten him with either.

Yip. Judge O'Connor had barred him from passing the grotto so he was hanging out there a longtime. No idea if that is still in place. I've seen him generally hanging around St John's in more recent times.

How is the bould Judge O Connor these days?

Is he retired?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Yeah he's definitely been further down from the Grotto in the last few weeks! He must be such a drain on Garda time.

• Advertisement

There does seem to be general misconception about the power of the Gardai in the lockdown. In reality they are no different since prior to the lockdown with one exception. The only change is with respect to detaining an infected person who refuses to isolate but even in that scenario they cannot just lift you off the street, they need the prior authority from a medical person first. Otherwise there is no change. Even if the Gardai approach you on the street or in the park or at the beach and they tell you to move on you can tell them to bugger off unless they are claiming you are committing an offence under the Public Order Act 1994. Similar at a checkpoint if your beyond the 2km from home without a good excuse they cannot do anything about it - although in practice if you tell them to bugger off they will try to find an offence even if its only bald tyres or some such.

Is he retired?

He was constructively retired is probably the best means of putting it. He reached the retirement age, applied for the extension that almost all Judges are granted, but was refused it by the Minister at the recommendation of a Judicial panel that included the Chief Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Who was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Is he retired?

Managing his Coffee Shop in Killarney

newman10 wrote: »
    Managing his Coffee Shop in Killarney

Fair play to him, I presume it's closed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Christy would often be sitting on the low wall having a few cans between Corib Oil and Austin Stack park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

That little parcel of land between corrib and aldi, does anyone know what thst is gonna be used for

adam88 wrote: »
    That little parcel of land between corrib and aldi, does anyone know what thst is gonna be used for

I was wondering the same, it seems like a bit of a no mans land!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

adam88 wrote: »

If I remember right from the planning it was a separate phase. It looked as though it was an office type building maybe with a retail unit or two thrown in.

Advertisement