Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The food festival has been postponed until a later date...not decided as yet. They may go back to September when it first began.

Not sure what will happen with the Rose of Tralee. They did say last week it may happen in September. I did see that the Fleadh Ceoil which was meant to be on in Kerry this August is cancelled. I wonder if the rose of Tralee will even go ahead this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Oh Jog on . What a stupid response.

So you go where you want and you potentially infect god knows who. why cant you just stay at home . Chances are given the mentality of your responses you spend most of the time at home in normal circumstances .
    Why should that change now.

Don't forget your Tinfoil Hat either ..

Ok copper

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

leavingirl wrote:
    Ok copper

The truth is out there Mulder ...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    Not sure what will happen with the Rose of Tralee. They did say last week it may happen in September. I did see that the Fleadh Ceoil which was meant to be on in Kerry this August is cancelled. I wonder if the rose of Tralee will even go ahead this year?

Dont think Fleadh Ceoil was penciled in for this year in Kerry? I thought the article was that they were bidding for it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Dont think Fleadh Ceoil was penciled in for this year in Kerry? I thought the article was that they were bidding for it

ah I see, I must have misread it.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the bottle bank in the sports complex carpark is accessible? Just checking in case the gates are closed to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the bottle bank in the sports complex carpark is accessible? Just checking in case the gates are closed to it.

It was open today,
    was up there walking the dogs and saw a car there.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

amadain wrote: »
    Now 79 confirmed cases in Kerry, +7 from yesterday.
    22 more people have died, Total who have died to 120.
    Tested positive, total to 4,273.

89 Kerry cases +10
    174 Deaths +54
    5,364 Positive cases +1091

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

kn wrote: »
    There does seem to be general misconception about the power of the Gardai in the lockdown. In reality they are no different since prior to the lockdown with one exception. The only change is with respect to detaining an infected person who refuses to isolate but even in that scenario they cannot just lift you off the street, they need the prior authority from a medical person first. Otherwise there is no change. Even if the Gardai approach you on the street or in the park or at the beach and they tell you to move on you can tell them to bugger off unless they are claiming you are committing an offence under the Public Order Act 1994. Similar at a checkpoint if your beyond the 2km from home without a good excuse they cannot do anything about it - although in practice if you tell them to bugger off they will try to find an offence even if its only bald tyres or some such.
    Just to illustrate the point. Here is a vid from Gemma O'Doherty. Mind you she has some bat**** crazy opinions but she is at least right on this one.
    https://gemmaodoherty.com/videos/

The particular vid does not link directly. Its the 1 minute 11 second one a few down on the playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Fair play to him, I presume it's closed now?

Someone has to obey the law :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The walk-in gate is always open.

Adiboo wrote: »
    The walk-in gate is always open.

Have a few boxes of glass bottles/jars etc to get rid of so need to be able to drive in. Gathered over a few months, need them moved! I know I can try the ones in Garvey's carpark anyway if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Have a few boxes of glass bottles/jars etc to get rid of so need to be able to drive in. Gathered over a few months, need them moved! I know I can try the ones in Garvey's carpark anyway if needs be.

The drive in gate is not always open, locked with a chain, only when staff are in checking the place.

Garvey's might be the best bet.

Adiboo wrote: »
    The drive in gate is not always open, locked with a chain, only when staff are in checking the place.

Garvey's might be the best bet.

Thanks, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Higgins is open anyway. Waste disposal is an essential service.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Just to illustrate the point. Here is a vid from Gemma O'Doherty. Mind you she has some bat**** crazy opinions but she is at least right on this one.

The particular vid does not link directly. Its the 1 minute 11 second one a few down on the playlist.

That woman is bat Sh1t crazy.
    Pity the poor guards out there advising folk to stay at home and having to put up with such vitriol. If u have a problem with the guards there’s a proper way to deal with it instead of trying to make a name for yourself on social media with hysterical ranting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

She is in her fck right
    She hasn't a clue and is actually quite unhinged...tbf, the Garda did the right thing completely

Big increase in cases in kerry . We're now up to 117

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

28 new cases in Kerry, which is the biggest one-day spike - 117 in total:

http://traleetoday.ie/there-are-now-117-confirmed-covid-19-cases-so-far-in-kerry/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

28 new cases in Kerry, which is the biggest one-day spike - 117 in total:

http://traleetoday.ie/there-are-now-117-confirmed-covid-19-cases-so-far-in-kerry/

That's more likely to do with the testing delays in getting results rather than a particular spike.

• Advertisement

That's more likely to do with the testing delays in getting results rather than a particular spike.

Unsure about that. Cases around the country have not spiked today. They have decreased in fact.

Just throwing it out there . I Would have no issue with this Lockdown going on another 2 Weeks .
    I've basically been in lockdown Since Before Paddys day. I packed Up laptop Monitors and Desk and have been working from home since Monday March 9th. The man Cave is now the home office for the moment

Only leaving the house 2 times a week to go to the butchers and herself does the shopping .

Whats others thoughts on this going on another 2 weeks on the Chance we could genuinely be in a better position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It's a nailed on certainty that in Friday, another 2 weeks will be announced.
    And that probably won't be the last extension either.

amadain wrote: »
    89 Kerry cases +10
    174 Deaths +54
    5,364 Positive cases +1091

Kerry 117 +28
    210 Deaths +36
    5,709 Cases +345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just throwing it out there . I Would have no issue with this Lockdown going on another 2 Weeks .
    I've basically been in lockdown Since Before Paddys day. I packed Up laptop Monitors and Desk and have been working from home since Monday March 9th. The man Cave is now the home office for the moment

Only leaving the house 2 times a week to go to the butchers and herself does the shopping .

Whats others thoughts on this going on another 2 weeks on the Chance we could genuinely be in a better position
    I reckon a month but they need to allow people who work on their own to work.
    Local tree surgeon cant work...totally ridiculous considering the closest contact he has is with the tree hes cutting down....and i need another load of woodchips ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Some guy on Ivan Yates last night said the end of May, will be at least another two or three weeks.

She is in her fck right
    She hasn't a clue and is actually quite unhinged...tbf, the Garda did the right thing completely

Gemma O'Doherty is off her nut! She filmed herself screaming at airport police a few weeks ago. She really needs help!

that and they were sent off to Germany for testing, which was probably also the delay in the increased figures. Most of those people have probably recovered by now, hopefully!

Ignore any rise in the number of reported cases. The most important stat that really matters is that the daily reported death rate has peaked (at 54, now down to 36) and is thankfully on a downward spiral.

The Central Statistics Office (CSO) recently published the latest data on births and deaths in Ireland.

The CSO report, which reflects data from 2016, has revealed that there were 30,667 deaths in Ireland in 2016 of which 15,620 were males and 15,047 were females (updated to 30,494 in 2017).

The leading cause of death in Ireland is malignant neoplasm — cancer — which accounts for 30.7% of all deaths in Ireland.
    Circulatory disease, which includes heart disease, is a very close second at 30.1%.
    Third is respiratory disease, which accounts for roughly 12% of all deaths in Ireland.

There were 437 deaths due to intentional self-harm in 2016, 350 (or 80.1%) males and 87 (or 19.9%) females. The highest number of deaths, 101, recorded from intentional self-harm were in the 35-44 age group (23.1%).
    The suicide rate is a far greater ‘disease’ in Ireland and should be a Major National Public Health issue (506 = 2008, 541 = 2012, 437 = 2016) with 392 deaths in 2017.
    http://publicpolicy.ie/papers/irish-population-health-life-expectancy-and-mortality/

On the flip side, there were 63,841 live births in 2016 (comprising of 32,709 males and 31,132 females).

Comparing these 210 deaths (forecast 283) from the Corona Covid-19 Virus ‘Pandumbic’ to our Annual Death Rate we get a percentage of 0.0068% of the annual death rate.
    We 'LOCKed DOWN' the entire country for this tiny figure, endangering the economic livelihood of thousands, while the Govt is now spending millions and millions to keep it propped up.
    Remember our Healthcare system was in crisis before all this! and they didn't throw half as much money at it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thankfully the regulations giving the gardai the powers to enforce the 2km limit are finally being given effect from midnight tonight.

Put manners on the turds not respecting the spirit of the lockdown in good time for Easter weekend.

Advertisement