Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Would imagine the Gardaí are being kept busy today on the beaches, given the weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Would imagine the Gardaí are being kept busy today on the beaches, given the weather.

The public carparks at the beaches will be closed for the weekend.

http://traleetoday.ie/car-parks-at-beaches-in-kerry-to-be-closed-this-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR1c9dsx8H9ucHL64riKTeVLdpF1VBtJljkG2TufR00g3m2sViFaCX5LSBc

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Another Jump in Kerry Cases ... Were up to 122

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I read on the Killarney thread that a local businessman lost his life to covid-19. He was the owner of Kitty O'Shea's. Have there been anymore deaths in Tralee confirmed locally?

Slightly off topic here folks, but given all the Extra @ home time i Have Ive managed to get a good bit of gardening work done. However as a result I now have a load of Stones and Branches . The Branches are not too bad as I can burn them in the chiminea but the stones are an issue. Does anyone know where I could dispose of about a trailers worth of stones . Obviously after the lockdown has been lifted ..

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic here folks, but given all the Extra @ home time i Have Ive managed to get a good bit of gardening work done. However as a result I now have a load of Stones and Branches . The Branches are not too bad as I can burn them in the chiminea but the stones are an issue. Does anyone know where I could dispose of about a trailers worth of stones . Obviously after the lockdown has been lifted ..

We will have the same to do here. We chopped down a very overgrown tree which was dying. We have lots of wood which we can chop up, but also need to get rid of all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Gardai were stopping on the bypass this evening and quizzing each car as to what they are at. Checking for tax and the like as well. My girlfriend was stopped on the way to Tescos.
    Good to see this being done straight away and not waiting until the weekend.
    As for the Footballer mentioned earlier, I’m sure he isnt the only idiot that thinks he is above everyone else.
    The fact that Killarney Restaurant owner has allegedly been killed by this disease should be a warning to all of us not to be complacent. The more that die the more chance you will know someone.

Speaking of car tax, has anyone tried renewing theirs online recently? My husband said he tried doing his yesterday and at the end it said there was an issue with the website and he couldn't process it. Not sure if he tried again since, but he's needs to get it done and I don't think you can go into the office at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

amadain wrote: »
    Looking further out we will also need a new ‘health passport’ with an ‘approved health stamp’ in order to visit other countries and get the Airlines back in the skies. Who’s going to Spain this summer ?????

Supposed to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Supposed to be...

I'm actually half way thru my Spanish holiday at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I'm actually half way thru my Spanish holiday at the moment!

You may stay where you are!

We're supposed to be off to Lanzarote come July . We're hoping we can postpone to next year without to much trouble from TUI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Speaking of car tax, has anyone tried renewing theirs online recently? My husband said he tried doing his yesterday and at the end it said there was an issue with the website and he couldn't process it. Not sure if he tried again since, but he's needs to get it done and I don't think you can go into the office at the moment?

Did, mine last week

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

We're supposed to be off to Lanzarote come July . We're hoping we can postpone to next year without to much trouble from TUI

We were supposed to be going in September with TUI but we have changed this to June next year. Travel agent phoned us with a few options last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Was able to renew on29th March, but no sign of the disc :(

newman10 wrote: »
    Was able to renew on29th March, but no sign of the disc :(

My Disk Arrived Yesterday. Insurance Disk the Day before .

Both were renewed almost 2 weeks ago. Was driving to the Shops with an Expired Tax and Insurance Disk, and with the Shops outside my 2Km Range I was prime Picking for a Guard having an off Day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Did, mine last week

Same, no issue and disc came three days later.
    Now, I need to put a car in my name soon, and that would entail a trip into the main office, I assume that’s all closed for the time being?

Same, no issue and disc came three days later.
    Now, I need to put a car in my name soon, and that would entail a trip into the main office, I assume that’s all closed for the time being?

I think I read a couple of weeks ago you can go in, but you may need to ring ahead. Not sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just so people know who mightn't. All tax disks done online are printed in Shannon.
    They're done in batches every evening. i used to work in Motor Tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Are the Council Offices on Princess Quay open? I don't imagine there is any parking enforcement/fines going on at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

kn wrote: »
    Are the Council Offices on Princess Quay open? I don't imagine there is any parking enforcement/fines going on at the mo.

They are
    There is!

Definitely parking tickets being given out! Saw 3 on one car left in a carpark in Boherbee a couple of weeks ago! People have been giving out that they are still giving out parking tickets with everything that's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Last week, did my shopping in Dunnes at 11 for the elderly parents, and the place was deserted - today, at the same time, there was a queue out the door. Presumably people are doing it now to avoid shopping on Good Friday, but Dunnes have never actually closed on that day!

Debenhams to close all stores in Ireland, they have gone into liquidation.

Awful news for staff, in particular the Tralee store.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/debenhams-stores-in-ireland-are-to-close-permanently-993161.html?fbclid=IwAR2unCac5bHEkD9eL3ulSnHe_HnKMGjtgfYI1Su268UyTLpnS7qMwpWD96Y

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Debenhams Ireland to enter liqudation with none of their stores to reopen

https://twitter.com/whytebarry/status/1248219581853978624

Big unit in Manor West empty now.

Last week, did my shopping in Dunnes at 11 for the elderly parents, and the place was deserted - today, at the same time, there was a queue out the door. Presumably people are doing it now to avoid shopping on Good Friday, but Dunnes have never actually closed on that day!

The queues seem to move fast, but its seems like you can't predict when there will be one (apart from Saturday mornings!). I went in around 7.30pm the other evening and there was a small queue outside. I am trying to figure out when to do my shopping this weekend. Was thinking tomorrow evening (good Friday), but I don't know when is best!

marno21 wrote: »
    Debenhams Ireland to enter liqudation with none of their stores to reopen

https://twitter.com/whytebarry/status/1248219581853978624

Big unit in Manor West empty now.

Just posted ahead of you! Yeah its a big loss to the centre. I don't know what would go in there now. The obvious one is M&S, but would they come to Tralee now!?

There is another big unit next to Curry's empty too. I did hear Elvery's may be going in there, but not sure how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The queues seem to move fast, but its seems like you can't predict when there will be one (apart from Saturday mornings!). I went in around 7.30pm the other evening and there was a small queue outside. I am trying to figure out when to do my shopping this weekend. Was thinking tomorrow evening (good Friday), but I don't know when is best!
    Saturdays are definitely a disaster but I was going to Dunnes Horan Centre earlier about 1.30 and the queue was around the corner of the building towards the next corner!! Tomorrow morning might be good.

PS Dunnes Horan Centre is closed Easter Sunday.

Saturdays are definitely a disaster but I was going to Dunnes Horan Centre earlier about 1.30 and the queue was around the corner of the building towards the next corner!! Tomorrow morning might be good.

I had been going to the Horan centre one since all this started, but I went to NCR last week as there a few thing that I can't get in Horan centre that they have in NCR.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

All Dunnes outlets are closed Easter Sunday, the same as every other year. Same with Aldi and Lidl.

Tesco in Manor and SuperValu should be open though.

Advertisement