Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

but where will they be in six months, will a large amount of their population be immune. Where will we be ?I don't see the plan other than week by week and hope someone stumbles across a curve. Our ancestors will be paying for it. The eu is finished, I can see no possible way for it to survive, Italy were probably going to bring it down in the longterm anyway.

A large part of their population will be dead...
    It's a Coronavirus..by their very nature, immunity is not guaranteed... the Chinese have been doing re-infection studies and, while it's early days.. reckon rates can be anywhere between 5-14%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Stopped on the Listowel road. The guys we're in great form.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see a lot of progress was made on the Starbucks unit in Manor next to Fine Wines. They had the side drive-thru window in and the front of shop had a lot of work done. I assume works are on hold now until the restrictions are lifted?

Are the road works still meant to be going ahead in Rock St/Bridge street? I can't remember when they were due to start but it was probably soon?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Stopped on the Listowel road. The guys we're in great form.

We were stopped on Bill Kinnerk road last Saturday. All was fine as we were heading home. But we commented after that the Garda was very close to the driver door and had no gloves on. I've seen quite a few people comment to say they should be wearing masks and gloves. Maybe not leaning into door would be a start, not much social distancing going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Lads, will ye stop quoting amadain, the only boards user I have ever put on ignore but when you quote him/her the posts show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    We were stopped on Bill Kinnerk road last Saturday. All was fine as we were heading home. But we commented after that the Garda was very close to the driver door and had no gloves on. I've seen quite a few people comment to say they should be wearing masks and gloves. Maybe not leaning into door would be a start, not much social distancing going on!

The only use masks have is to stop someone that may have covid-19 spreading the virus, the wont stop you getting the virus
    Not sure what advantage gloves would be to the guard or person they are stopping either, if they come into contact with the virus itd be the same as bare hands for spreading it.

Best thing to do is follow hse guidelines and wash hands, etc, of course keep 2 meters back comes into this too

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

g1983d wrote: »
    The only use masks have is to stop someone that may have covid-19 spreading the virus, the wont stop you getting the virus
    Not sure what advantage gloves would be to the guard or person they are stopping either, if they come into contact with the virus itd be the same as bare hands for spreading it.

Best thing to do is follow hse guidelines and wash hands, etc, of course keep 2 meters back comes into this too

What if the guard unknowingly HAS the virus? Then wearing a mask would be extremely advantageous.

I’m not sure about the whole non wearing of masks. I understand the concept of suppressing droplets from someone who has the virus.

However we are being told that x% of the population may have the virus with no symptoms. Surely in this case making it compulsory for everyone to wear a mask in public further reduces the chances of transmission.

I’m thinking it may have something to do with lack of masks and ppe rather than any scientific explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They kept back from the car and had their hands firmly on their belt. No fear of them touching the car.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Lads, will ye stop quoting amadain, the only boards user I have ever put on ignore but when you quote him/her the posts show up.

I'll find every one of his posts & quote them....twice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

xxyyzz wrote: »

There is a user made script that a Mod recommended to me that totally ignores someone, even in quotes. I use it on a member in another topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Sorry repeat question but what takeaways are open in town? Justeat doesn't cover all the options and half the names I dont even recognize

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Is Tralee busy today? There's a mad number of cars coming into Killarney today.

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Sorry repeat question but what takeaways are open in town? Justeat doesn't cover all the options and half the names I dont even recognize

I know Lana have reopened, you can order directly from their website, but you have to collect it.

The Station House in Blennerville are doing collection only too, details on their facebook page.

Apache Pizza are doing deliveries. You can order off their app. Dominos Pizza open too.
    I think Kaleli Kebabs are doing collection only.
    Not sure who else to be honest.

Is Tralee busy today? There's a mad number of cars coming into Killarney today.

I'd imagine as there's a bank holiday on Monday there are people who are coming in to collect payments from Post Office, doing banking etc. And some of the supermarkets will be closed on Easter Sunday, so I'd say people are coming in to get things like that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I'd imagine as there's a bank holiday on Monday there are people who are coming in to collect payments from Post Office, doing banking etc. And some of the supermarkets will be closed on Easter Sunday, so I'd say people are coming in to get things like that done.

'm glad I got my shopping early today - 7.15 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

but where will they be in six months, will a large amount of their population be immune. Where will we be ?I don't see the plan other than week by week and hope someone stumbles across a curve. Our ancestors will be paying for it. The eu is finished, I can see no possible way for it to survive, Italy were probably going to bring it down in the longterm anyway.

Our ancestors won't be affected by your "expert" :o doom scenario, they've already managed to avoid the Coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Sos88sos88 wrote: »

The roast house is doing take away on Friday and Saturday evenings. See their facebook page for details.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

As today is a bank holiday, anybody hoping to do branch banking today would have been sorely disappointed! Credit unions closed today too. I think the post offices were open until lunchtime though.

South Campus test centre closed today, assuming they'll be closed over the weekend too? They've been operational 7 days a week until now, that will only add to the testing delays.

Quackster wrote: »
    As today is a bank holiday, anybody hoping to do branch banking today would have been sorely disappointed! Credit unions closed today too. I think the post offices were open until lunchtime though.

sorry, I was sure banks were open Good Friday! I know post office was opening until 1pm today though.

• Advertisement

3 more weeks of restrictions announced. Up until Tuesday May 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Hearing stories about a ferry load of Brit tourists landed on the isle today . So the Irish can't travel to holiday homes but let the Brits land . The mind boggles ..

Hearing stories about a ferry load of Brit tourists landed on the isle today . So the Irish can't travel to holiday homes but let the Brits land . The mind boggles ..

Garda checkpoints would hardly let them through?

They confirmed on the government press conference just now that its not a load of 'Brits' who have come through, that its goods and a very small amount of mostly Irish returning home. Hopefully its just exaggerated fake news. I can't imagine they would be allowed through. Where are they going to go anyway? There are no hotels open, no camping sites, so they won't be able to stay anywhere!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I presume that it was the Rock St barbers previously mentioned on this thread that the gardai visited yesterday..?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

They confirmed on the government press conference just now that its not a load of 'Brits' who have come through, that its goods and a very small amount of mostly Irish returning home. Hopefully its just exaggerated fake news. I can't imagine they would be allowed through. Where are they going to go anyway? There are no hotels open, no camping sites, so they won't be able to stay anywhere!

Hopefully thats true.
    https://extra.ie/2020/04/10/news/irish-news/ferry-passengers-lockdown-ireland

Are the Airports still allowing people into the country .

Part of me thinking we should have shut the borders like Italy did .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Quackster wrote: »
    I presume that it was the Rock St barbers previously mentioned on this thread that the gardai visited yesterday..?

You would have to think so.
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/tralee-gardai-ask-non-essential-business-close/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Probably have extended family here........boss.

Gardai can't stop people coming into the country...it's a government issue.
    But... you'd think with the British government telling people not to travel...and.the Irish doing likewise...they'd listen.
    Quite a few of these people are repatriating..we know that... but anyone that is an obvious holiday maker should be instructed to isolate...and have that enforced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

kn wrote: »
    Probably have extended family here........boss.

They're having a great time in Rathkeale, getting tanked up on a "party bus", to celebrate their escape from the UK a week or so ago, and driving people mad with the zero social distancing, and crowding into the local shops, exceeding the limit of people allowed in the shops at any one time.

Advertisement