Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Hearing stories about a ferry load of Brit tourists landed on the isle today . So the Irish can't travel to holiday homes but let the Brits land . The mind boggles ..

Dublin Airport has over 10 flights a day from Europe - as well as the regional airports having flights to and from the UK.
    Dublin Airport still allowing flights to come and go to USA (4-5 destinations).
    Ferry ports are seeing an increase of British tourists in their cars.
    I've seen multiple British reg cars in and around Killarney area over the last few days. Also the amount of hire cars in and around Tralee on the road today alone was unreal with no restrictions on these visitors..

We're not allowed go to the beach..

And yes, I've legitimate and all above board reasons for the travelling that I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Very odd trends in Kerry case numbers - bobble along with a few per day, and then erratic jumps - 20 today!

http://traleetoday.ie/an-increase-of-20-in-number-of-confirmed-covid-19-cases-in-kerry/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

'm glad I got my shopping early today - 7.15 am.

8 am for me:)

Where was open at 7-15?

Quackster wrote: »
    I presume that it was the Rock St barbers previously mentioned on this thread that the gardai visited yesterday..?

Are the boys reading boards for their intelligence? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Dublin Airport has over 10 flights a day from Europe - as well as the regional airports having flights to and from the UK.
    Dublin Airport still allowing flights to come and go to USA (4-5 destinations).
    Ferry ports are seeing an increase of British tourists in their cars.
    I've seen multiple British reg cars in and around Killarney area over the last few days. Also the amount of hire cars in and around Tralee on the road today alone was unreal with no restrictions on these visitors..

We're not allowed go to the beach..

And yes, I've legitimate and all above board reasons for the travelling that I'm doing.

Has the government got an answer for this, or are they still pretending that they're a highly efficient "mechanism" dealing with the problem? The elephant in the room is people still being allowed in with no vetting whatsoever.

It's forking ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Has the government got an answer for this, or are they still pretending that they're a highly efficient "mechanism" dealing with the problem? The elephant in the room is people still being allowed in with no vetting whatsoever.

It's forking ridiculous.

You'll not find this info being reported on mainstream media, coz it won't sit well.

What are all of us at with that carry on continuing?

Like some other posts here re Covid-19, don't just listen to the 'mainstream' stuff.
    Just coz a different take is expressed on how to move forward through this sh1te might not be as the powers in Ireland suggest but it doesn't mean it is wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I see a lot of progress was made on the Starbucks unit in Manor next to Fine Wines. They had the side drive-thru window in and the front of shop had a lot of work done. I assume works are on hold now until the restrictions are lifted?

Are the road works still meant to be going ahead in Rock St/Bridge street? I can't remember when they were due to start but it was probably soon?

All non essential building projects and sites were shut down nationwide. Even the new National Children's hospital in Dublin.

I'd say come May 5th if the infection replication rate gets well below 1, they may relax restrictions on some shops, work places and building sites.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Where was open at 7-15?

Got my shopping done at 7pm this evening. Dunnes was nice and quiet. So glad I did it tonight and not tomorrow. It is probably going to be bonkers!

Got my shopping done at 7pm this evening. Dunnes was nice and quiet. So glad I did it tonight and not tomorrow. It is probably going to be bonkers!

I try get to Lidl for 8am. Nice and quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Where was open at 7-15?

Tesco Killarney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Saw the best one ever earlier driving past Nolans Garage .

Chap walking down the Road wearing Gloves and a face mask. Typing away on his mobile phone.

As if that wasn't bad enough I spotted a fag sticking out over the mask and he was puffing away.

You really couldn't make it up . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Quackster wrote: »
    I would be publicly calling them out on it.

I decided to go public on Twitter about it. I've been blocked by Marc O Se, CBS The Green, and Kerry GAA since pointing it out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    I decided to go public on Twitter about it. I've been blocked by Marc O Se, CBS The Green, and Kerry GAA since pointing it out.

Whatever about Marc blocking you but why the other two!? Unreal!

Whatever about Marc blocking you but why the other two!? Unreal!

Yeah I know, quite pathetic.

And you didn't phone the Gardai..should have been the first thing you did.

Saw this on Facebook. A, local flower grower gave her flowers to nursing homes in the area rather than destroying her crop and saving the bulbs.
    Deserves a mention for when she's back at the Farmers markets.

https://www.facebook.com/676247719139199/posts/2760027727427844/

And you didn't phone the Garden...should have been the first thing you did.

I did ring the Gardai. I assume you mean Gardai.

Adiboo wrote: »
    I did ring the Gardai. I assume you mean Gardai.

I did... I've been out in the garden all day
    ;)

Did they call out?

I did... I've been out in the garden all day
    ;)

Did they call out?

We were the same, lovely day for it. He actually drove past while we were out in the garden and looked in. We live on a Cul De Sac and he did a U-turn, he had no reason to be down by us other than to look in.

Not that I am aware of. They did not have the powers of enforcement at the time, they did have them 3 hours later at midnight mind. Laws that were brought in because of idiots like Marc O Se.

do they have powers to break up gatherings in private gardens etc? If you said people that don't live there are there, could those people pretend they are staying there? Just wondering as I am seeing a lot of coming and going from one particular house in our estate, but they are a law into themselves as it is so not sure gardai will do much anyway!

• Advertisement

do they have powers to break up gatherings in private gardens etc? If you said people that don't live there are there, could those people pretend they are staying there? Just wondering as I am seeing a lot of coming and going from one particular house in our estate, but they are a law into themselves as it is so not sure gardai will do much anyway!

It would be worth calling the station to put in a query!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Are the boys reading boards for their intelligence? :D

Some of them 'boys' post on here fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

amadain wrote:
    Some of them 'boys' post on here fyi

Come on now . They don't have those levels of intelligence.

Come on now . They don't have those levels of intelligence.

To be fair to them, most of them are intelligent. :)

Operational intelligence is another matter. I'm sure some of them are like journalists, looking to boards for their next lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058069294/1

Educate yourself like a good lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

What the absolute fck was that from St John's Church...
    sounded like 20 doorbells all being pressed at once....there's never an ice-cream truck around when you need one

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paulrio456

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Sorry repeat question but what takeaways are open in town? Justeat doesn't cover all the options and half the names I dont even recognize

The shack will hopefully be open in a month or so. I doubt there will be sit down allowed for several moths. Will be very tough for restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Paulrio456 wrote:
    The shack will hopefully be open in a month or so. I doubt there will be sit down allowed for several moths. Will be very tough for restaurants.

Cheers for that! Really hope the town pulls together

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

• Advertisement

Can we not open a new C19 thread?
    Why are all the results and chat in the Tralee thread, unless of course people are only dying in Tralee!!

Advertisement