Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Can we not open a new C19 thread?
    Why are all the results and chat in the Tralee thread, unless of course people are only dying in Tralee!!

I agree. I was thinking it myself yesterday. I’ll do it now. All Covid19 posts to be posted there from now on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

All Covid-19 posts to go in new thread and not here. Thank you. MOD.

Pat McDonnell Paints have posted on their Facebook page that they are accepting phone orders for delivery only.
    You can phone the local store, pay over the phone and they will deliver it to you.

I know Albany paints in the Horan centre were taking orders over the phone too, not sure if they were delivering though or was it collection. Kellihers Hardware were offering collection too from their paint shop at the back of Garvey's carpark.

I must get some fence paint as its wrecked after the last 2 winters! Trying to get things done outside now the weather is good, to pass the day away. I already have a LOT of garden waste to get rid of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Don't normally do this but I'm glad to see that there is some law and order here.
    Others views (and my own) on certain topics differ from the what may be perceived to be the 'norm'.

That doesn't mean that the views are right or indeed wrong.

Certain individuals on this forum like to think they have the right to berate posters here for airing those opinions.

Bualadh Bos Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Adiboo wrote: »
    Yeah I know, quite pathetic.

Ironic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

I must get some fence paint as its wrecked after the last 2 winters! Trying to get things done outside now the weather is good, to pass the day away. I already have a LOT of garden waste to get rid of!

will you let usknow if you find a place selling fence paint, need to do the same. I'm guessing any paint shop may sell fence paint, usually the hardware stores I think. Fence needs a sprucing up for sure

Listrydude wrote: »
    will you let usknow if you find a place selling fence paint, need to do the same. I'm guessing any paint shop may sell fence paint, usually the hardware stores I think. Fence needs a sprucing up for sure

I have got some in Pat McDonnell paint before. I did see someone say on Facebook that either Aldi or Lidl have fence paint at the moment too. Kellihers hardware would have it too but I can imagine it will sell out fast with anyone who sells it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Pat mcdonell paints are doing delivery now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Has anyone actually got through to them on the phone or got a call back?

phormium wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got through to them on the phone or got a call back?

Do you mean to Pat McDonnell paints? I would assume they are inundated with calls!

• Advertisement

Yes I mean PMcD, I imagine they are but I have tried numerous times and it goes straight to message asking to leave name and number so it seems to me like they are not actually answering and just dealing with the call backs but just wondering what sort of time scale is on that.

Yes I mean PMcD, I imagine they are but I have tried numerous times and it goes straight to message asking to leave name and number so it seems to me like they are not actually answering and just dealing with the call backs but just wondering what sort of time scale is on that.

No idea, sorry. I presume that as its the first day they have reopened to phone orders, they are swamped and people will just have to be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Helps to keep one sane on these fine days when you can't stray from home :)

The fine weather is showing up all the jobs that need to be done! I need a lot of painting done as well as many more things. My husband is working a lot so getting jobs done on my own with a little 3 year old is proving difficult! :rolleyes:

Its funny because before all this kicked off, I had planned to take a few days off work and get lots of jobs done while my little boy was in preschool.. Now I have plenty of days off, but no time to myself to get the jobs done (apart from housework).

Copied this from Pat Mdonnells page on fb

"THANK YOU to everyone that called us or placed an order with us today. We have been INUNDATED with calls.

As a result it will take time for us to follow up with everyone.
    We are currently experiencing a backlog of orders which means that it may take between 3 to 5 working days for us to get in touch.

We are currently adding people to our team to be able to process all orders as quickly as possible.

Please rest assured that we will return your call and process your order."

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Listrydude wrote: »

Kellihers in Ballymullen may have it

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

g1983d wrote: »
    Kellihers in Ballymullen may have it

cheers, will give them a shout tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Had not left the house since Saturday..needed to do a little shop yesterday..so went to small Tesco outside mountain warehouse a man and woman talking.. introducing themselves and shaking hands....
    Into Tesco got my shop..and as Im leaving a well known woman in town walked in the main door, was heading for the automatic entrance door .. but as I had activated the exit door as I was leaving..she turned and was about to barge thru me.
    I just stopped shouted at her loudly to turn the fck around...had to do it 3 times before she complied....
    There's a reason our numbers are going up people... unfortunately,i t's never the fcktards that get their just desserts...they pass it onto the elderly and inform

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

John Waters and Gemma O'Doherty have brought a Constitutional challenge to the COVID-19 laws.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/journalists-bring-court-challenge-against-constitutionality-of-covid-19-laws-994205.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

kn wrote:
    John Waters and Gemma O'Doherty have brought a Constitutional challenge to the COVID-19 laws.

That Gemma o Doherty is a right bunny boiler...

Hopefully they will be financially penalised for this when it's thrown out...and maybe a section order for one or both..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hopefully they will be financially penalised for this when it's thrown out...and maybe a section order for one or both..

The amount of thank you's and well done tweets she got after posting that they were in court today is worrying, as I said last week these kind of people seem to gain followers pretty fast.

The amount of thank you's and well done tweets she got after posting that they were in court today is worrying, as I said last week these kind of people seem to gain followers pretty fast.

She has a hardcore base of about 500 people.....I'd think that would be quite a bit less than the English version (Katie Hopkins)
    If a case is put to the high court..it has to be dealt with..
    But, they will get nowhere and all that will happen is their argument will be smashed and possibly a reprimand from the court when the decision goes against them

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Funnily enough the woman (why are they always women?) who tried the same in Germany ended up in a psychiatric hospital:
    https://sputniknews.com/europe/202004151078965780-beate-bahner-coronavirus-arrested/

So there is a precedent...

What do you all think will happen to the Rose of Tralee this year? I personally think it won't go ahead. I can't see how it can. The regional competitions that haven't been held yet won't be able to go ahead in the next few weeks to months, and there are so many people who have to travel from overseas.

I'm surprised nothing has really been said about it yet. I know they did say it might be on in September, but I don't think it will happen.
    This year will be a right off for most events. I would say nothing will go ahead for the rest of the year. Even when restrictions are gradually lifted, we will have to practice social distancing for a long time!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    What do you all think will happen to the Rose of Tralee this year? I personally think it won't go ahead. I can't see how it can. The regional competitions that haven't been held yet won't be able to go ahead in the next few weeks to months, and there are so many people who have to travel from overseas.

I'm surprised nothing has really been said about it yet. I know they did say it might be on in September, but I don't think it will happen.
    This year will be a right off for most events. I would say nothing will go ahead for the rest of the year. Even when restrictions are gradually lifted, we will have to practice social distancing for a long time!

Pubs won't be open and I can't see it happening without the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Festivals, concerts, sporting events and anything involving crowds will be the last cohort of activities to be released from COVID restrictions so the Rose is definitely not happening in 2020 if vaccines will not be available until 2021.

• Advertisement

It will be a strange one this year not to have the festival on, or any festival for that matter! I heard that electric picnic were still planning to go ahead in September but that's unlikely. Its going to be the weirdest year ever!

Advertisement