Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

kn wrote: »

What about the person selling the pups, was that not irresponsible :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

I keep picking up bans from the place...I feel like an auld Burlington factory worker... 1 week on, 1 week off
    :)

They are very fond of banning people for braking the ''rules'' yet have no problem with doing it themselves :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

newman10 wrote: »
    What about the person selling the pups, was that not irresponsible :confused:

Could have been selling locally.

AGS out in force this morning on the Listowel road heading into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

ongarboy wrote: »
    I remember going to them in early 80s as a child as my uncle worked there. I just couldn't believe that there was a place where you could eat endless sweets, crisps, cakes and fizzy drinks...it was like Willy Wonkas chocolate factory to me!

Haha. Not as old as that but went to dick springs election party as a child. Was similar. Think it was in the abbey gate, could have been the grand as well. Endless supply of cake and bottles of coke lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

adam88 wrote: »
    Haha. Not as old as that but went to dick springs election party as a child. Was similar. Think it was in the abbey gate, could have been the grand as well. Endless supply of cake and bottles of coke lol

Abbeygate was the old Mart in the early 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Mizzoni pizza is open at the Horan centre,

that's tonight sorted ��

kn wrote: »
    Abbeygate was the old Mart in the early 80's.

I’m talking early to mid 90’s. I did say I wasn’t as old as an 80’s child

Dominos pizza closed for a few evening now. Not doing deliveries or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Troberto

Mizzoni pizza is open at the Horan centre,

that's tonight sorted ��

Used to use them here in Dublin for a while but not anymore thanks. What’s story with dominoes. Sounds odd. Papa Johns the best pizza imo.
    Missing being back in Tralee as I’m being very good and not breaking travel rules. ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It was inevitable the Rose of Tralee would be cancelled. Even just to choose the Roses from around the world to compete in it was going to be impossible. Its a pity, after so many years it will be a very strange August not to have the Festival on!
    That and Feile na Blath etc, such a shame. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Public consultation process for the Island of Geese has been extended. The new deadline for submissions is May 15.

http://traleetoday.ie/public-consultation-process-for-island-of-geese-site-further-extended/?fbclid=IwAR0eVOeJMMnGIOG-Ogv0weukqQ8JXHmbs3443HDbpYUBQfHPBUZ4scwlJJg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    It was inevitable the Rose of Tralee would be cancelled. Even just to choose the Roses from around the world to compete in it was going to be impossible. Its a pity, after so many years it will be a very strange August not to have the Festival on!
    That and Feile na Blath etc, such a shame. :(

The only thing I would take from that is that it hasn’t officially been cancelled yet.

Hopefully they might look at something later in the year even from a street entertainment point of view it would be really good for the town if something could be done!!!! It will never be on the scale we are used to but fingers crossed some good might come from it.

Clab mor wrote: »
    The only thing I would take from that is that it hasn’t officially been cancelled yet.

Hopefully they might look at something later in the year even from a street entertainment point of view it would be really good for the town if something could be done!!!! It will never be on the scale we are used to but fingers crossed some good might come from it.

How would you implement social distance?

How would you implement social distance?

Come October/November there may not be a requirement from the relevant authority’s to implement social distancing ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Come October/November there may not be a requirement from the relevant authority’s to implement social distancing ????

You will have social distancing in effect all of this year..and probably most of next

You will have social distancing in effect all of this year..and probably most of next

Again your only guessing with no real fact??

The World Wide Web is just full of virologists and chief medical officers at the moment and until we have facts from those that have the qualifications and responsibility to make those calls then who knows what October and November may hold.

Again your only guessing with no real fact??

The World Wide Web is just full of virologists and chief medical officers at the moment and until we have facts from those that have the qualifications and responsibility to make those calls then who knows what October and November may hold.

No...the fact is...and if you can use Google... social distancing is here for quite a while...
    Governments, doctors even money hungry airline's have said this...
    It may be stop-start.. but until a vaccine is developed..there is no way around it and to think otherwise is just nuts

Well there is a question for a local quiz. What Rose centre was the only one to select a Rose for the 2020 Rose of Tralee?

• Advertisement

No...the fact is...and if you can use Google... social distancing is here for quite a while...
    It may be stop-start.. but until a vaccine is developed..there is no way around it and to think otherwise is just nuts

BUT as of yet that isn’t fact so maybe you should refrain from uneducated speculating.

Could you provide links to where the Irish authorities i.e HSE or NPHET have stipulated this????

As far as I was aware 5th of May was the deadline for further info on what being planned. They are currently working on a document outlining their plans which I thought hasn’t been made public yet????

And not just getting a vaccine approved. Someone is going to have to somehow find the capacity to manufacture and administer billions of doses!!

BUT as of yet that isn’t fact so maybe you should refrain from uneducated speculating.

Could you provide links to where the Irish authorities i.e HSE or NPHET have stipulated this????

As far as I was aware 5th of May was the deadline for further info on what being planned. They are currently working on a document outlining their plans which I thought hasn’t been made public yet????

You're spoofing again.
    Simon Harris is on record as saying that Social distancing is likely to be part of life until a vaccine is developed.
    Tony Holohan has said that even after .May 5th if they do start to ease restrictions...we have to keep up the practices... otherwise deaths happen

You're spoofing again.
    Simone Harris is on record as saying that Social distancing is likely to be part of life until a vaccine is developed.
    Tony Holohan has said that even after .May 5th if they do start to ease restrictions...we have to keep up the practices... otherwise deaths happen

I think there’s only one spoofer here.

Best wait until OFFICIAL AND FACTUAL announcements on the 5th from the experts.

I think there’s only one spoofer here.

Best wait until OFFICIAL AND FACTUAL announcements on the 5th from the experts.

You should watch Tony Holohan's daily briefing & inform yourself..you'd have found today's enlightening

I'd ask you 2 to get a room only all the hotels are closed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

In fairness a bit of optimism does no harm,there really is too much doom and gloom everywhere.

And on that note to lift my spirits I'm trying to find some pretty garden blooms. I did manage to pick up some lovely geranium in Garveys but is there anywhere else open with plants and flowers? And close to the town in order to respect the 2km. I generally buy in either Ballyseedy or Liscahane but even if they were open they're both beyond my limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

acequion wrote:
    And on that note to lift my spirits I'm trying to find some pretty garden blooms. I did manage to pick up some lovely geranium in Garveys but is there anywhere else open with plants and flowers? And close to the town in order to respect the 2km. I generally buy in either Ballyseedy or Liscahane but even if they were open they're both beyond my limit.

Gala on the Oak park rd and the Spar shop are getting deliveries from the Ballyseedy nursery's.
    Got some nice plants there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Shanahans in Farranfore are doing deliveries to Tralee if you ring them, they have a website but it's basic and you can't buy on it but if you know what you want it's no problem.

• Advertisement

acequion wrote: »
    In fairness a bit of optimism does no harm,there really is too much doom and gloom everywhere.

As mentioned, Spar in Oakpark and Caherslee are getting deliveries from Ballyseedy which is great! I am sure they will be a big hit. I need to get down and get a few myself! You know you can go beyond 2km for shopping, the 2km limit is just for exercising.

Advertisement