Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

kn wrote: »
    I don't believe any circus' have animals anymore.

So who owns all those animals in the KSPCA then?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Sully34 wrote: »
    Oh I do my weekly shop but just come in for the daily papers.
    Do you still have to pay for the other parking spots since there are no wardens around?

No idea about pay parking, shop in aldi myself so free parking.
    Do your local shops not have the daily papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I see our auld buddy Sully is back... Kinda surprised people take his posts seriously :D

Wouldnt say taken seriously, more like replying is something to do 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Last time I was at the circus which was last year here in Tralee there were just a few horses, dogs and I think some goats.

phormium wrote: »
    Last time I was at the circus which was last year here in Tralee there were just a few horses, dogs and I think some goats.

You sure you just didn't walk through the Crescent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

I know! It would have been a lot cheaper :)

g1983d wrote: »
    No idea about pay parking, shop in aldi myself so free parking.
    Do your local shops not have the daily papers?

They do but dont open till 9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You're right. Just saying kids are a handful and maybe it's easier to control them with both parents rather than just one on their own

I had to talk to a man in Lidl last week who managed to touch every bit of loose fruit and container in a display cabinet before walking away. Seemed surprised to hear he could be passing the virus to everything he touched.

Before anyone jumps to a foreigners remark. He was Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I had to talk to a man in Lidl last week who managed to touch every bit of loose fruit and container in a display cabinet before walking away. Seemed surprised to hear he could be passing the virus to everything he touched.

Before anyone jumps to a foreigners remark. He was Irish.

chances of catching it from food are very slim, the container on the other hand......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

You sure you just didn't walk through the Crescent?

Doesn't actually exist anymore so you haven't been up that way in a while yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Dunnes and Tesco clothes section closed off again. Someone must have had a word about it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

cms88 wrote: »
    Dunnes and Tesco clothes section closed off again. Someone must have had a word about it

I did hear Tesco had to close theirs off as there was some sort of clothing sale on and it got ridiculous the other day up there. I have never seen many in the Dunnes one. I have managed to get some kids clothes recently which has been handy. I was hoping to get some bits this evening when I go shopping. Sugar anyway :( I'll have to order some kids stuff online as my little fella is having a growth spurt and we are starting to run low on clothes for him! I miss Penneys!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The traffic/parking wardens are at work - I'd say they have been re-deployed. They were cleaning up the graveyard the other day, spent most of the morning at it, and again this morning one of them was around cleaning the street again.

(Spotted them on my 2km walk)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭poppy37

cms88 wrote: »

I was in Dunnes this morning(North Circular Road) and the clothing section wasn’t closed off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

poppy37 wrote: »
    I was in Dunnes this morning(North Circular Road) and the clothing section wasn’t closed off.

Thank God! I think it was just Tesco clothing section. And even then that may be back open again.

Doesn't actually exist anymore so you haven't been up that way in a while yourself.

Doesn't exist anymore? I dont understand? Where did it go?

poppy37 wrote: »

I was in there myself and they were just starting to close off the kids section. Maybe because kids are banned or something. Not too sure

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Of course it does???? An area like that is far more than just bricks and mortar.

Clab mor wrote: »
    Of course it does???? An area like that is far more than just bricks and mortar.

Exactly. There is also copper,lead,iron,steel and whatever they can get their hands on

I was in there myself and they were just starting to close off the kids section. Maybe because kids are banned or something. Not too sure

You are imagining things! Nothing was closed off in the clothes sections of Dunnes this evening. And will you drop it with the kids are banned, its not true.

You seem to be looking for a rise from your comments, please stop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Exactly. There is also copper,lead,iron,steel and whatever they can get their hands on

Please, please, please stop trolling. :)

Quackster wrote: »
    Please, please, please stop trolling. :)

Trolling? A little history lesson on the Crescent Tinker right there for you

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    You are imagining things! Nothing was closed off in the clothes sections of Dunnes this evening. And will you drop it with the kids are banned, its not true.

You seem to be looking for a rise from your comments, please stop.

You're right. It was probably Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

"Nah-nah-nah-na-na-ah. Thunder" !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I did hear Tesco had to close theirs off as there was some sort of clothing sale on and it got ridiculous the other day up there. I have never seen many in the Dunnes one. I have managed to get some kids clothes recently which has been handy. I was hoping to get some bits this evening when I go shopping. Sugar anyway :( I'll have to order some kids stuff online as my little fella is having a growth spurt and we are starting to run low on clothes for him! I miss Penneys!! :(

Kids clothes in Aldi's "special buys" tomorrow 10th, if any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Adiboo wrote: »
    Kids clothes in Aldi's "special buys" tomorrow 10th, if any use.

Wait for the Queues out the door. It will be the Garden furniture all over again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

If anyone is missing an Alsatian/German Shepard in the Oakpark area of Tralee, the dog can be picked up at Hurley's Vet in Brewery Road. It was found near the lawn/playing pitch in Ard-na-Li this afternoon and is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Tesco's clothing is open but there is a one way system going on there - they have a staff member at the entrance to it limiting people going in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Just a note to say a few dogs have gone missing in Tralee recently, so be careful out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

fatalll wrote: »
    Just a note to say a few dogs have gone missing in Tralee recently, so be careful out there.

The Chinese restaurants must be getting ready to re-open so:eek:

Advertisement