Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

fatalll wrote: »
    Just a note to say a few dogs have gone missing in Tralee recently, so be careful out there.

Any particular area of town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I noted that the sign is gone off over the doorway of Kaleli Kebabs and on peering in the window the menu and pricing are gone as well. Juat wondering if they have shut up shop for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Any particular area of town?
    Oakpark and spa Road and I cant remember the 3rd...Ill come back if I see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

kn wrote: »
    I noted that the sign is gone off over the doorway of Kaleli Kebabs and on peering in the window the menu and pricing are gone as well. Juat wondering if they have shut up shop for good.

Yeah thats not a good sign is it

fatalll wrote: »
    Yeah thats not a good sign is it

If they were only on a month to month lease they can just walk away. Not a prime location so I doubt if there was a statutory lease for the premises.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

They have been painting the outside of the shop in the last week or two. There sign has been down a couple of months as they had the whole shopfront redone. It wasnt put back up since. They were more thank likely waiting until they had it painted. They are probably renovating inside too. Pretty sure they are not closing down.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    They have been painting the outside of the shop in the last week or two. There sign has been down a couple of months as they had the whole shopfront redone. It wasnt put back up since. They were more thank likely waiting until they had it painted. They are probably renovating inside too. Pretty sure they are not closing down.

Thanks for that. It just caught my eye passing by and I was wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Hope so, best kebabs around!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

This Local Tralee Chap is Trending on Twitter for all the wrong Reasons

<snip>

https://twitter.com/IanWright0/status/1259833040626429954

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I was just about to message his mother on Facebook and she's deleted her account.... stupid young fella....you get this all the time...
    stars being abused...and all it takes is for them to shine the light on just one to show how much the world hasn't changed... you'd know the family Kev I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The Kaleli situation is probably the same as MJ's - they took all the signs down and it looked derelict - but now it looks amazing - new signage, new paint all over, I'm sure Kaleli's are doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

This Local Tralee Chap is Trending on Twitter for all the wrong Reasons

https://twitter.com/IanWright0/status/1259833040626429954

Absolutely appalling behaviour.

However he’s clearly a child and Ian Wright should have been the adult in this situation. I’m not sure if posting it on social media was the right move. We all have a duty to protect children no matter how much of a disgusting little toe rag he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Clab mor wrote: »
    Absolutely appalling behaviour.

However he’s clearly a child and Ian Wright should have been the adult in this situation. I’m not sure if posting it on social media was the right move. We all have a duty to protect children no matter how much of a disgusting little toe rag he is.

A child? Hes had his debs by the looks of it so out of school a year at least at this stage.

Regardless, highlighting it on social media is absolutely the right thing to do. **** the little ****. If hes big enough to be on social media and go on like that, hes big enough to suffer the consequences.

Theres far too much of this "ah they are just a kid " crap going on nowadays. Own your behavior.

Nor sure we can talk about this anymore as he has been arrested?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has he? I did see someone on twitter say he has but didn't know if it was true.

His parents must be so proud. I would be mortified if my child did this. A very stupid guy who will have this hanging over him for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

A child? Hes had his debs by the looks of it so out of school a year at least at this stage.

Regardless, highlighting it on social media is absolutely the right thing to do. **** the little ****. If hes big enough to be on social media and go on like that, hes big enough to suffer the consequences.

I’m not so sure he could easily have been at someone else debs who’s a year older.

Ian Wright when posting had no idea of the age of the young person. From the picture it’s not immediately obvious.

I’m not for one second condoning the behaviour of the young person BUT I don’t think Ian Wright posting on social media was the correct move.

It could potentially have had a far different outcome then he intended. if the young person was particularly vulnerable or if some other nut job who knew the young person locally wanted to take matters into their own hands etc

These are matters for the police and relevant authorities not for a social media mob with their pitch forks out.

The right move was to report the matter through proper channels and let it be investigated properly.

Theres far too much of this "ah they are just a kid " crap going on nowadays. Own your behavior.

He's not necessarily out of school a year. My nephew is just turned 18, had debs in Jan & was meant to be doing his leaving next month. Regardless, he does need to own it. I think he's already denied it was him, but I don't believe it wasn't. Not sure if the Gardaí here can do much, unless Ian Wright wants to press charges?

Has he? I did see someone on twitter say he has but didn't know if it was true.

His parents must be so proud. I would be mortified if my child did this. A very stupid guy who will have this hanging over him for a long time.

Yeah, he's been nicked...his mother is a lovely woman and it's going to knock her completely on her ass...he's not a kid, old enough to get in serious trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think he's already denied it was him, but I don't believe it wasn't. Not sure if the Gardaí here can do much, unless Ian Wright wants to press charges?

He doesnt seem sure whether it was him or not.
    https://twitter.com/hereforgigz/status/1259947172365316096

Yeah, he's been nicked...his mother is a lovely woman and it's going to knock her completely on her ass...he's not a kid, old enough to get in serious trouble

Stupid guy. This is why people need to think before they post on social media. He will have this follow him around for the rest of his life probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

He is still in school, what can you say except he was completely stupid and totally in the wrong, I do hope the national papers don't do a number on him though. He would want to lay off social media for a while, wouldn't be good for him to read what's been said about him. He would also need to apologise if he hasn't already.

Just saw on the Garda twitter account that he presented himself voluntarily and no formal complaint was made regarding the racist post. The file is being prepared for the DPP. I can't post the image of the tweet, maybe someone else can.

Just saw on the Garda twitter account that he presented himself voluntarily and no formal complaint was made regarding the racist post. The file is being prepared for the DPP. I can't post the image of the tweet, maybe someone else can.

Wright would have to make a formal complaint to the gardai
    As for the press...it's on the Sky sports app already about wright being abused...he wasn't named

Wright would have to make a formal complaint to the gardai
    As for the press...it's on the Sky sports app already about wright being abused...he wasn't named

I saw that Sky sports tweeted it earlier this evening. He's made life very difficult for himself now. Might teach these young lads to think a bit more before the mouth off. Easy to do behind a screen, but he wouldn't be so brave in real life and now its going to bite him on the a*s!

I saw that Sky sports tweeted it earlier this evening. He's made life very difficult for himself now. Might teach these young lads to think a bit more before the mouth off. Easy to do behind a screen, but he wouldn't be so brave in real life and now its going to bite him on the a*s!

There's over 15,000 replies to.the tweet...and I'd say 90% are spitting bile at the kid...
    He's now a target.... going to be very rough for him now

I'm not sure we should discuss it any further now it is under a Garda investigation. I have deleted a new thread started by someone on this topic. No need to start new threads, we already know about it now and can read about it on Twitter etc. Best to leave it be now. MOD

No law broken. Being offensive is not an offence under the Incitement to Hatred Act.

How can a file be sent to the DPP if their is no complainant and no statement from an alleged complainant?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No law broken. Being offensive is not an offence under the Incitement to Hatred Act.

It is an offense if 'the written material, words, behaviour, visual images or sounds, as the case may be, are threatening, abusive or insulting and are intended or, having regard to all the circumstances, are likely to stir up hatred'.

Our existing hate crime laws are weak, but thankfully are on the political radar to be strengthened. In this instance though, it's not a stretch to consider what was posted an offence under existing legislation.

And no, Ian Wright would not have to make a complaint himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Obviously not condoning what the little gobsh1te allegedly did for a second but it seems funny that if the young fella hit another young fella and smashed his jaw in the Square there would be little or no comment about it on here.

What happened to the old sticks and stones adage?

Advertisement