Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I hear Jackie Sheehy has died.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »

Has he been in a home or something for the last few years? I hadn't seen him in a long time, but last time I did he was in a wheelchair. I'm surprised he lasted this long to be honest!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Has he been in a home or something for the last few years? I hadn't seen him in a long time, but last time I did he was in a wheelchair. I'm surprised he lasted this long to be honest!

I heard he was in a nursing home in Kenmare. I don't know any of this as a fact btw just what I heard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

kn wrote: »
    He passed away about 3 years ago

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

th283 wrote: »
    He passed away about 3 years ago

to be honest, I had thought so too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    to be honest, I had thought so too!

That is correct, he has long since passed

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Funny I thought I saw Jackie a few days ago but it was obviously someone else. he'd have some laugh to hear he was mentioned on the boards. rip

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Farewell!

390589.jpg

And don't let the lock door smack you on the arse on the way out.
    What an eyesore that has been in the canal for the last months, can we please do something worthwhile with it now besides a dumping ground for crap barges and the rowing club

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Uncle caught some travellers roaming our estate there yesterday looking in people's windows and trying to sell lines for a "good cause". Tried robbing some poor young lad's bike too. It's a fright they come into your place and there's nothing really you can do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

And don't let the lock door smack you on the arse on the way out.
    What an eyesore that has been in the canal for the last months, can we please do something worthwhile with it now besides a dumping ground for crap barges and the rowing club

Operational costs for a marina would be prohibitive relative to nearby Fenit. Not really much else that can be done with it.

The_Mac wrote: »
    Uncle caught some travellers roaming our estate there yesterday looking in people's windows and trying to sell lines for a "good cause". Tried robbing some poor young lad's bike too. It's a fright they come into your place and there's nothing really you can do about it.

Our neighbours have been out 'selling lines' in the past week too. I hunt them from our door when they knock. I see them going all down Oakpark too! I never even ask what they are collecting for! These kids don't care about coming into other people's property either, they do it all the time on our estate.

Have heard of a few bikes being robbed from outside houses recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

In our estate too, selling lines for a charity in africa building houses for children, Little lad had one foot in the door as soon as I opened it, I don't think he expected an 18+ stone man open the door to him, started to beg for money then, and an "ask your wife for money so" :-)

Have a look at this site - http://www.wakedock.ie/ it's a cable that pulls you along the water and you can jump over ramps etc..

there is also wetsuit hire and kayaks there.

when I saw it, I though it would be a lovely idea for the canal - an addition to aquadome, wetlands??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I think it's a great thing having the rowing club training in the canal. It's one of the toughest sports you can do and fair play to them finding a good home for their club. It's a massive improvement on 10 or 15 years ago when it was silted up and filled with shopping trolleys and rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Spotted an ad in the Kerryman at the weekend announcing a new Burrito bar to open soon in Tralee. No further info apart from contact number for job vacancies.

Only been to one once in Cork and they served beer there too. Was something I'd like to see a lot more restaurants offer.

Only been to one once in Cork and they served beer there too. Was something I'd like to see a lot more restaurants offer.

If only we had bars in Tralee that served food, there's a niche market there somewhere

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He/She means places that serve burritos not bars that serve food in general

siblers wrote: »
    He/She means places that serve burritos not bars that serve food in general

Doesn't read that way to be honest...but we have a burrito place in Tralee and it's severely underused despite the food being top notch

• Advertisement

Did anyone ever have a burrito? are the worth it?

Doesn't read that way to be honest...but we have a burrito place in Tralee and it's severely underused despite the food being top notch

Yeah Dish on Bridge st do Burritos & they are meant to be great. I've never tried one so no idea what they are like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

bobdcow wrote: »
    Did anyone ever have a burrito? are the worth it?

Yes and yes.

If only we had bars in Tralee that served food, there's a niche market there somewhere

:)

To be fair I think a fast food restaurant that served bottles of beer would do quite well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

To be fair I think a fast food restaurant that served bottles of beer would do quite well here.

Speaking of which, a new Asian street food restaurant called Lana is opening in the old Dragon Inn restaurant on Ashe St creating 20 jobs. It will be eat in or take out casual and serve the food in takeaway style cartons and also have a drinks licence. They already have restaurants in Galway, Limerick and Ennis. Sounds interesting and good jobs boost!

http://www.lanathai.ie

ongarboy wrote: »
    Speaking of which, a new Asian street food restaurant called Lana is opening in the old Dragon Inn restaurant on Ashe St creating 20 jobs. It will be eat in or take out casual and serve the food in takeaway style cartons and also have a drinks licence. They already have restaurants in Galway, Limerick and Ennis. Sounds interesting and good jobs boost!

http://www.lanathai.ie

Oh I think I've heard of them and they are meant to be great! I like the sound of that!

So the Kerryman are saying that Kerry's biggest threat is now an Asian triad gang.

I'm just imagining a triad crime drama set in Tralee now. Someone needs to make this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So the Kerryman are saying that Kerry's biggest threat is now an Asian triad gang.

I'm just imagining a triad crime drama set in Tralee now. Someone needs to make this.

Last time I heard anything about these lads was playing the video game "The Getaway" on the PS2 years ago

Maybe they should make a video game to go along with the TV series :D

Has there been an infestation of rather large flies in Town today or is it just me they are picking on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Not just picking on you, as Michael say 'You are now alone'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyKJAtDNCw

Advertisement