Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ongarboy wrote: »
    Fitzgibbon Interiors have opened their new superstore in the old Randles Nissan showroom in Manor and Starbucks seem to be very advanced with their drive thru cafe (signage erected) in Manor also.

Nice to see some businesses opening or expanding despite others sadly closing down.
    Popped into Manor briefly this evening.

Fitzgibbon Interiors looks very well from the outside. Great addition.

Delighted to see TK Maxx open again too but had no time to be dealing with queues so gave it a miss for now.

Made my first post-lockdown trips into Woodies and Hardly Normal. No queuing there.

Was surprised to see Next closed again. It had been open, hadn't it? Hand-written sign on the door saying 'closed until further notice'.

Popped into Home Savers too and no queue there either. It's a very handy store IMO - which is no surprise given it's closely linked to the UK chain B&M - and I made good use of it during the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Home Savers has been one of my favourite shops during lockdown, they have a great range of stuff from flour to gate locks and lots inbetween, amazing what you can get in there! Was never packed and once you picked your time right no queue either. Iceland was another favourite, never busy and you can park outside the door, again amazing what you can pick up in there that will keep you going and avoid a big supermarket visit.

Woodies has been fine queue wise once first week or so passed.

Next opening 3rd July, saw post today about it, don't know if they had been opened before that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Next wasn't open since lockdown. I think they had planned to open sooner, but they delayed it. I think TK Maxx was the same as a few dates seemed to be mentioned.

I haven't been up to Manor yet, not once actually throughout the whole lockdown. I am looking forward to a trip into TK Maxx again though. Apparently there is quite a good sale on! I agree, Homesavers is quite a good shop. It has a bit of everything in there. Someone I know got a trampoline in there recently and its very good quality for the price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Probably Monday 29 June.....

....2035 :)

Got my hair appointment...its in 3 weeks!! I Was hoping for sooner, but I wasn't one of the ones who had a cancelled appointment so its not too bad considering! Thankfully I don't need my hair dyed, just badly needs a cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Dont think Dish is reopening on Russell street, with Cilcius and Jasmin after moving its going to look very bare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I always have to Google where these street names are. :)

Is tk open?

Dont think Dish is reopening on Russell street, with Cilcius and Jasmin after moving its going to look very bare.

Yeah that street is becoming very empty. The old Tuxedo unit all the way up to Caballs, Lifestyle sports, old Dunnes, Ella Maria, old Shindig unit, old chemist unit....its pretty bad for the centre of town.

I always have to Google where these street names are. :)

Is tk open?

Yeah TK Maxx opened today.

Dish is just coming off Rock street at start of bridge street, next to Horans health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

There's a buchers opening there now. Where the ink refill place used to be

Gruaig Hairdressers in Pembroke street won't be reopening unfortunately. As far as I know both of the staff will work separately from different locations. They will have contact details up in their window for anyone who wants to contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Planned on going into tk max. Saw the queue and went to woodies instead.

Went into Dunnes in NCR today, first time in there since all this started, now while it was well organised and all that it felt so strange, a very unpleasant shopping experience really. I wanted two items, one from clothes section and one from grocery. After a few minutes finding section I was looking for as stuff has been reorganised a bit I gave up and decided to order it online.

As an aside if anyone sees or knows where sells proper J clothes and not the own brand rubbish let me know! I usually used to get them in Dunnes but they no longer seem to have them, have tried Tesco and Supervalu too but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

phormium wrote: »
    Went into Dunnes in NCR today, first time in there since all this started, now while it was well organised and all that it felt so strange, a very unpleasant shopping experience really. I wanted two items, one from clothes section and one from grocery. After a few minutes finding section I was looking for as stuff has been reorganised a bit I gave up and decided to order it online.

As an aside if anyone sees or knows where sells proper J clothes and not the own brand rubbish let me know! I usually used to get them in Dunnes but they no longer seem to have them, have tried Tesco and Supervalu too but no luck.

Did you not consider just asking a staff member while you were there if they had both items seeing as you went to all the effort to go to the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Got my hair appointment...its in 3 weeks!! I Was hoping for sooner, but I wasn't one of the ones who had a cancelled appointment so its not too bad considering! Thankfully I don't need my hair dyed, just badly needs a cut!

Article in the Indo indicating that saloons are going to have a new pricing structure post-lockdown. You'll need to organise a remortgage for that hair appointment, but at least you have 3 weeks to get the bank approval! :)

kn wrote: »
    Article in the Indo indicating that saloons are going to have a new pricing structure post-lockdown. You'll need to organise a remortgage for that hair appointment, but at least you have 3 weeks to get the bank approval! :)

My hair cut will be €5 extra, so its not too bad. I did read a good few comments on Peter Mark's fb page with people saying their colours are going to cost an extra €120 or so! So glad I don't have to colour my hair! :D

what is proper J clothes? is it a brand?

Yes J Clothes are the brand, the original sort of light kitchen clothes even though I always buy blue ones :) they come in different colours. There are own brand ones in every shop and not one of them is any good, in bits after couple of uses.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Did you not consider just asking a staff member while you were there if they had both items seeing as you went to all the effort to go to the store?

Already asked in Horan centre Dunnes when I was last in there and looked at a bit blankly and basically told what's on the shelf is what we have in reference to the J clothes, maybe the younger generation don't know what they are! :) I'm sure if they had them they would have been on display with the rest so it's a fairly standard answer and not worth looking for a staff member to be told it.

Second item I was looking for wasn't in my size on display :) I'm sure the answer would have been same, if it's not on the shelf it's not there!

Yes J Clothes are the brand, the original sort of light kitchen clothes even though I always buy blue ones :) they come in different colours. There are own brand ones in every shop and not one of them is any good, in bits after couple of uses.

I don't think I have come across them in Dunnes. I can't place where they would be in the store.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't think I have come across them in Dunnes. I can't place where they would be in the store.
    They'd be with the washing-up liquid and kitchen gloves. I'd try Benner's if no luck in any of the supermarkets. Or else maybe Guiney's, Woodies or Homestore & More.

• Advertisement

If you are entering the grocery from the clothes side and facing the line of tills they are in the left hand corner of the grocery, with the washing up liquids/dishclothes/sponges etc and the own brand version or at least that is where they would be if they had them.

If you are entering the grocery from the clothes side and facing the line of tills they are in the left hand corner of the grocery, with the washing up liquids/dishclothes/sponges etc and the own brand version or at least that is where they would be if they had them.

Ah I know what they are! Sorry, I thought it was a clothing brand you were looking for! :D

I actually haven't seen that brand in a while. I always seem to see a cheaper version. We used to have them all the time growing up. I haven't noticed them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Has anyone any insight into how the new hotel vouchers will work. Seen every household in Kerry is getting 100e vouchers but can they be used at once or 5e per hotel ha.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Has anyone any insight into how the new hotel vouchers will work. Seen every household in Kerry is getting 100e vouchers but can they be used at once or 5e per hotel ha.....

What vouchers? Throw us out a link there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Already asked in Horan centre Dunnes when I was last in there and looked at a bit blankly and basically told what's on the shelf is what we have in reference to the J clothes, maybe the younger generation don't know what they are! :) I'm sure if they had them they would have been on display with the rest so it's a fairly standard answer and not worth looking for a staff member to be told it.

Second item I was looking for wasn't in my size on display :) I'm sure the answer would have been same, if it's not on the shelf it's not there!

J Cloths are useless. Kitchen paper would be stronger. Microfibre all the way.

What vouchers? Throw us out a link there

they are coming in the post to each household in Kerry.
    https://www.facebook.com/Experience-Kerry-104585627963370/

105455602_118700179885248_4695509184742647749_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=_tPXa-mNRZ0AX9uLaCn&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=6ea0268a4ccdc525e645cb49130634f7&oe=5F16B099

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It looks like something is opening up in Landers old shop in courthouse lane. There's some work going on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

On the matter of hair. A person online says that a barber (not Tralee) has posted up on facebook that a dry cut will be €28. They were generally around €12.

PS I see one barber up Rock St has a booking engine on their facebook page and they are listing €12 for a 15 minute clipper cut. Good system with a timed appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Our voucher book came this morning - it's made up of 20euro x 2 10euro x 4 and 5euro x 4 vouchers.
    You have to book directly with the accommodation and ask them will they accept the voucher. it's up to 10% of the value of the accommodation.

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    It looks like something is opening up in Landers old shop in courthouse lane. There's some work going on in there.

I think its a beauty salon, but for kids. Like a little pamper parlour where they can have parties etc.

Advertisement