Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Morebypasses

Does anyone know if the barber known as " Barberille" on Russell Street is reopening. Unlike most other outlets there is nothing on social media, no contact no's or nothing posted on the window!!!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone watching the excellent 'Hawks & Doves' on RTE tonight will have heard passing reference to the 'Battle of Tralee', proof that fake news was alive and well long before the advent of social media!

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/how-the-british-faked-battles-during-the-war-of-independence-1.3930891

Inspired decision by the Brits in using Killiney as a stand in for the town! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

Does anybody know what time tk Maxx opens in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,659 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Quackster wrote: »
    Anyone watching the excellent 'Hawks & Doves' on RTE tonight will have heard passing reference to the 'Battle of Tralee', proof that fake news was alive and well long before the advent of social media!

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/how-the-british-faked-battles-during-the-war-of-independence-1.3930891

Inspired decision by the Brits in using Killiney as a stand in for the town! :D

Irish Times needs to raise their game. Stop using the phrase 'fake news.' There's no such thing, and the sooner the lexicon is rid of it, the better. Stupid Yank phrase, lazy.

But, I must see that documentary now! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 user52873

Does anybody know what time tk Maxx opens in the morning?

10:30, according to https://www.tkmaxx.ie/stores/Tralee

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Not sure if this was posted up before, but here is a link to the results of a recent town survey. Not sure if I even saw it to take the survey!?

https://tralee.ie/lets-talk-about-town/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    Not sure if this was posted up before, but here is a link to the results of a recent town survey. Not sure if I even saw it to take the survey!?

To be fair it was heavily pushed on facebook, I remember seeing 3-4 posts asking for people to take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    To be fair it was heavily pushed on facebook, I remember seeing 3-4 posts asking for people to take it

I'm sure it was, I just don't remember seeing it! Not everything shows up on peoples timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭hanamandiol

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I'm sure it was, I just don't remember seeing it! Not everything shows up on peoples timelines.

Remember completing this survey online.Hopefully results will be acted upon .Free parking up to 11 am coming soon.Am i right in this ?????

• Advertisement

Remember completing this survey online.Hopefully results will be acted upon .Free parking up to 11 am coming soon.Am i right in this ?????

Pretty sure its live from july 1st but dont quote me to the warden if you get a ticket....

Pretty sure its live from july 1st but dont quote me to the warden if you get a ticket....

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

very interesting results with some very positive and interesting ideas.

I saw on Instagram that the sports complex will have a phased reopening and it won't start until July 6th. they are only starting with summer camps. Then the gym, which is currently being refurbished. And the pool Is towards end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Rumours abounding that Norma Foley could become a full Minister, on what would effectively be her first "real" day in the Dáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The bollards are being installed on the post office side of Edward Street. They are about a foot away from the kerb. They seemed to be working up as far as the cafe there. I'm not sure how far up they are going to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭TigerTim

bobdcow wrote: »
    The bollards are being installed on the post office side of Edward Street. They are about a foot away from the kerb. They seemed to be working up as far as the cafe there. I'm not sure how far up they are going to go.

Also done in Rock Street from Garveys up past Kellihers. Is that to give more footpath space for social distancing?.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

TigerTim wrote: »
    Also done in Rock Street from Garveys up past Kellihers. Is that to give more footpath space for social distancing?.

T.

I believe it is - Tralee Today may have had something about that a few weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Norma Foley Minister for Education.

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying she is/was a teacher in Pres?

Fair play to her - I hope she does well.

bobdcow wrote: »

They quite far out on the road!

]
    TigerTim wrote: »

T.

Apparently that’s what it was being done for, but also to stop people parking on the paths and making them too tight to social distances.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    ]

Apparently that’s what it was being done for, but also to stop people parking on the paths and making them too tight to social distances.
    And now to do the path outside Kingdom Foods next...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I see that Halfords have finally decided to reopen on 3rd July, according to a sign on their door.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Quackster wrote: »
    And now to do the path outside Kingdom Foods next...

Give it a rest 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Will Norma be any good for the county now that she can be driven to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Will Norma be any good for the county now that she can be driven to work?

Better that she should be good to the country.

Parish pump politics is not good for anyone, except for a few insiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Exactly, she's not a councillor anymore. Something that seems to have escaped the Kilgarvan troglodytes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,659 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

She's got an important remit as Minister for Education now. Plenty of work and good that can be done there. Big test, being a councilor's less demanding. Best to keep an eye on what she does, post-Covid they're going to need to be clever on how the students catch up for lost study time.

Advertisement