Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Igotadose wrote: »
    She's got an important remit as Minister for Education now. Plenty of work and good that can be done there. Big test, being a councilor's less demanding. Best to keep an eye on what she does, post-Covid they're going to need to be clever on how the students catch up for lost study time.

I wish her every success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Coffee Start in The Mall will be reopening tomorrow, some little bit of good news for that area.
    Elverys won't be open for about 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Mike Hough wrote:
    Coffee Start in The Mall will be reopening tomorrow, some little bit of good news for that area. Elverys won't be open for about 4 weeks

I thought someone said they were leaving their shop? (Elverys)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Clab mor wrote: »
    Give it a rest 🙄
    Don't worry, I'll be making appropriate communications. I've no intention of dropping the issue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 94shane

Is there anywhere around town where I can get a plain black cloth type face mask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

94shane wrote: »
    Is there anywhere around town where I can get a plain black cloth type face mask?

Horan’s Healthstores have them. And I’m pretty sure all pharmacies have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Quackster wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'll be making appropriate communications. I've no intention of dropping the issue now.

God I hadn’t put you down to be one of those people.

You must have plenty time on your hands.

Best of luck in your communications!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

94shane wrote: »

Dunnes had some.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

God I hadn’t put you down to be one of those people.

You must have plenty time on your hands.

Best of luck in your communications!!!!

Yes, lets try to close another Tralee business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    ]

Apparently that’s what it was being done for, but also to stop people parking on the paths and making them too tight to social distances.

Certainly with Edward St it is to do with people parking there and going to the Post Office.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    Certainly with Edward St it is to do with people parking there and going to the Post Office.

According to the council plans the widening of footpaths and installation of barriers is to allow for more space for pedestrians to pass and allow for socially distanced queuing outside shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I find Ballymullen post office great to get to - plenty of parking there and usually small to no crowd, I'd rarely go to the main post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

bobdcow wrote: »
    I find Ballymullen post office great to get to - plenty of parking there and usually small to no crowd, I'd rarely go to the main post office.

They may have ample parking but they are awful to deal with. So, so rude! I’d prefer to walk to the GPO in Dublin than go in there to buy a stamp.

I would recommend the staff in Rock Street, they are lovely to deal with, very helpful and so friendly.

Edward Street staff are very pleasant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

They may have ample parking but they are awful to deal with. So, so rude! I’d prefer to walk to the GPO in Dublin than go in there to buy a stamp.

I would recommend the staff in Rock Street, they are lovely to deal with, very helpful and so friendly.

Edward Street staff are very pleasant too.

Re Ballymullen PO staff, you are not the first I've heard say that..
    My better half and daughter being 2 of a few to mention it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

According to the council plans the widening of footpaths and installation of barriers is to allow for more space for pedestrians to pass and allow for socially distanced queuing outside shops.
    Yep, not much chance of that when some ignorant tosser has plonked their vehicle over half the width of the footpath.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, not much chance of that when some ignorant tosser has plonked their vehicle over half the width of the footpath.

Stating the obvious again, thanks!!! Not sure there was a need for the expletive however!!!!

To be honest I've never heard anything bad about Ballymullen P.O. It's a pity if they are being rude to people. I like shops when they are friendly and where you can have a bit of craic. Surf N Sail is a great example - they treat you as if they have know you all their life, it's great customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

To be honest I've never heard anything bad about Ballymullen P.O. It's a pity if they are being rude to people. I like shops when they are friendly and where you can have a bit of craic. Surf N Sail is a great example - they treat you as if they have know you all their life, it's great customer service.

Speaking of surf n sail. Why is their unit always up for lease on daft when they are in there... does anyone know?

I live in the area and I have agree that the Ballymullen PO staff are probably more surly and disinterested rather than outright rude. Whereas I have always found the GPO staff engaging and willing to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Forge83 wrote: »
    Speaking of surf n sail. Why is their unit always up for lease on daft when they are in there... does anyone know?

Not sure which unit is up for lease but Surf N Sail have moved since the lockdown.

From there Facebook
    518418.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The odd time I've been into Bally Mullen I've found them helpful and polite. Maybe they just don't like locals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Disappointed to hear that about Ballymullen PO. Absolutely no excuse for rudeness and actually no excuse for surliness either. Why would any punter leave their custom to surly people when they can go elsewhere? I also agree re Rock Street. Really lovely people. My elderly mother goes there to get her pension and they can't do enough for her. And yes also very pleasant in the GPO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Has anyone been out to restaurants? Presume they have reopened. Any news on Bella Bia? I always loved it but you'd wonder how they'll manage social distancing.

Dying to go somewhere and have food served up to me. Haven't had as much as a coffee out since mid March.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭phormium

I was out for lunch yesterday, not in Tralee though, oddly enough while they had mainly circular tables within booths in this particular restaurant which I presume is how it always was as I hadn't been there before the table we were seated was practically beside the next table, the only two smaller tables there. When I sat down on the inside there was not even a metre between my back and the back of the customer at next table, now as we were back to back I wasn't so bothered but still!

Sanitiser on way in and no going up to order a drink or pay bill, sit still other than going to loo, different exit too. Waitress wearing visor, it was all fine really and in hindsight we should always have had sanitiser in place going into places especially if you are touching shared stuff like door handles/condiments/jugs/whatever! Even if we lose the visors and distancing eventually we should retain the sanitiser everywhere habit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

By the looks of some of the pubs in other parts of the country who serve food, it looks like people may chance their arm with getting drinks, and very little food!

I did overhear a guy in a shop yesterday tell the staff member that he manged to get 2 pints in a place in town, without ordering food! There's no law against it, its just guidelines. Its easier to sit and eat in a restaurant, Who knows how a pub is going to work from the 20th though! There won't be any standing around allowed, or sitting at bars. The guys who are regulars in bars are going to find it very strange.

I did sit down in the Ugly Mug yesterday for a coffee. It was nice to just sit down and relax in a bit of normality again :)

Passing by Benners today - they are open from 5pm today. - That's all the sign on the door said.

Passing by Benners today - they are open from 5pm today. - That's all the sign on the door said.

Had a look as I passed today. It wasn't open Monday. There is a menu on the old bar door entrance but entry is through the hotel.

The odd time I've been into Bally Mullen I've found them helpful and polite. Maybe they just don't like locals :D

Are you trying to say that Mitchel's people are just cantankerous feckers? Racist!! And yes I am getting the irony of a Mitchel's person calling someone a racist......:D

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    By the looks of some of the pubs in other parts of the country who serve food, it looks like people may chance their arm with getting drinks, and very little food!

I did overhear a guy in a shop yesterday tell the staff member that he manged to get 2 pints in a place in town, without ordering food! There's no law against it, its just guidelines. Its easier to sit and eat in a restaurant, Who knows how a pub is going to work from the 20th though! There won't be any standing around allowed, or sitting at bars. The guys who are regulars in bars are going to find it very strange.

I did sit down in the Ugly Mug yesterday for a coffee. It was nice to just sit down and relax in a bit of normality again :)

There are a couple of bar bills online. One was for a Chicken Goujon and chips plus 31 pints of Heineken about €189. The food was about €11 of it. Another was 2 soups, fish supper, 2 cokes and 42 pints of Guinness again around €200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Do people who get drive tru at Burger King and park at the back tend to feed the crows? I was there today for first time in months and it was like a scene from the film 'The Birds' As I was eating I became aware of two crows outside the car door making a right racket only to see two perched up on a wall facing me as well. When I reversed out it was actually 8-10 crows that were around my car all presumably looking for a nibble. They wouldn't do this unless there's a payoff now and again.

Advertisement