Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kn wrote: »
    There are a couple of bar bills online. One was for a Chicken Goujon and chips plus 31 pints of Heineken about €189. The food was about €11 of it. Another was 2 soups, fish supper, 2 cokes and 42 pints of Guinness again around €200.

I saw that Heineken receipt doing the rounds...assumed it was a viral prank and not real.

Had my first "real" pint in months in Kate Brownes, Ardfert today with meal. Set up very good with plenty of distancing, one way entry and exit, sanitizer and disposable paper menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I brought my kid to the playground in the park on his bike this evening. It was all going grand until a group of the"cousins" arrived, 3 boys and 2 girls. The 3 lads came over eyeing up my kid's bike right in front of me. I had to tell them to feck off. Then the 2 girls started going apesh#t on the big slide forcing all the small kids off. Shortly after that the 5 of them decided to take over the zip line forcing a mother and young kid off of it. The mother tried quite reasonably to say the playground was for the kids and one of the girls went absolutely berserk screaming she'd slap the f****** mouth off the mother. Absolute animals.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I brought my kid to the playground in the park on his bike this evening. It was all going grand until a group of the"cousins" arrived, 3 boys and 2 girls. The 3 lads came over eyeing up my kid's bike right in front of me. I had to tell them to feck off. Then the 2 girls started going apesh#t on the big slide forcing all the small kids off. Shortly after that the 5 of them decided to take over the zip line forcing a mother and young kid off of it. The mother tried quite reasonably to say the playground was for the kids and one of the girls went absolutely berserk screaming she'd slap the f****** mouth off the mother. Absolute animals.

My husband took our almost 4 year old to the playground last Saturday afternoon. He said the new toddler area had some teens sat on some of the equipment. My little boy apparently said to them they were too big and they started mocking him. I am just glad I wasn't there as I would not have kept my mouth shut!

That playground needs a security guard. I know the council won't do it despite pleas from many people. I know a lot of people won't go to the playground in the town park anymore and drive to Ardfert or Fenit. Something needs to be done. I don't get why teens need to be in there!??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I saw someone share a post from Kerins O'Rahilly's club that they are looking for someone to lease the bar as the current person leasing it isn't going to be returning!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Great buzz around town earlier. Nice to see the Daily Grind putting tables and chairs out in the middle of the street. Hope other cafes and the like make the most of the pedestrianised area over the coming weeks and the weather plays ball!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

xxyyzz wrote: »

Those two girls were at it in abbey court yesterday. Spontaneously roaring for no apparent reason and thinking it was very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    My husband took our almost 4 year old to the playground last Saturday afternoon. He said the new toddler area had some teens sat on some of the equipment. My little boy apparently said to them they were too big and they started mocking him. I am just glad I wasn't there as I would not have kept my mouth shut!

That playground needs a security guard. I know the council won't do it despite pleas from many people. I know a lot of people won't go to the playground in the town park anymore and drive to Ardfert or Fenit. Something needs to be done. I don't get why teens need to be in there!??

It needs to be put near the road or better still into the park across the road so that it’s visible. It’s too far in off the road p

Does anyone know if the barbers just alongside the Garda station has reopened? (on way up towards garvey's carpark)

A Polish man runs it and my little boy loves going to him for his hair cut, he's very nice. My little boy badly needs his hair cut now after lockdown and some dodgy haircuts from his mom! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Does anyone know if the barbers just alongside the Garda station has reopened? (on way up towards garvey's carpark)

A Polish man runs it and my little boy loves going to him for his hair cut, he's very nice. My little boy badly needs his hair cut now after lockdown and some dodgy haircuts from his mom! lol

It is indeed open. Passed it yesterday and there were people outside queuing.

Karol is indeed open and doing a roaring trade

Thanks!

• Advertisement

It is indeed open. Passed it yesterday and there were people outside queuing.

Thanks. Glad he’s reopened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Had a quick walk thru town yesterday, had to pick something up from Boots... queues outside Vodafone... 3 .. dealz... Groups of 20 or so teens huddled in corners, no social distancing .. travellers scrapping in the square...might be related to the new feud in St Martin's ) Mitchel's area...not a Garda to be seen, didn't even have my phone to take a pic..did my business and went home.

The authorities are going to have to look at areas where people gather from now on.... people on Facebook with the stay safe rubbish plastered all over their page..and then pics of their kids 21st bday party with 30 people crammed into a pop up tent...you would despair at the absolute stupidity of people at times..

Guards too busy checking if pubs are selling food or not, so can't be expected to be able to stop fights etc now can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I noticed a to let sign in the Spin Southwest unit on Castle street. I didn't realise they had left!?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

I noticed a to let sign in the Spin Southwest unit on Castle street. I didn't realise they had left!?

I Didn't even know they used that building.
    I thought they were just window advertising

I Didn't even know they used that building.
    I thought they were just window advertising

They used to broadcast a few shows from there.

There is no sign of Costa reopening yet. I wonder what the hold up is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The worst station that ever took to the air. Pure muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The worst station that ever took to the air. Pure muck.

Wasn't bad initially but has gone to pot of late. Presenters yabbering on about any old thing. Whatever happened to ten spin hits in a row without interruption.

kn wrote: »
    Wasn't bad initially but has gone to pot of late. Presenters yabbering on about any old thing. Whatever happened to ten spin hits in a row without interruption.

I can't listen to that Spin, its awful. It was on in work today and I had to switch it over!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There is no sign of Costa reopening yet. I wonder what the hold up is?

They don't seem to want to give a date on their Facebook page when someone asks the question, and there's no mention whatsoever on their website that they're even closed.

However, I dropped into Birdhill on the way back from Dub last Friday, and that one was open. I think the only difference between service-station Costas and the rest is that you can't use your Costa card to clock up points in the service-station ones.

They just don't want to give me the free ones that I clocked up before the lockdown :eek:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Has the Costa in Manor reopened yet? I thought it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

They used to broadcast a few shows from there.

I think it was mostly used as an office for advertising side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Quackster wrote: »
    Has the Costa in Manor reopened yet? I thought it had.

I've now been reliably informed that it's opening up again on 21st July :D

......... but "sometime in August" for the one in town, which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Cars were queuing at the starbucks drive through this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Clab mor wrote:
    Cars were queuing at the starbucks drive through this afternoon

Between that and McDonald's that side of town is gonna be a nightmare for traffic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The starbucks was a soft opening today, it closed early - hopefully it will be up and running properly in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Between that and McDonald's that side of town is gonna be a nightmare for traffic ...

Most definitely and great to see from a business perspective.

There's definitely been a massive increase in traffic in town again. It feels like its back to normal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, The Mall area was bustling this afternoon despite the mediocre weather. Went for lunch in Der Sullivan's. They've made a lovely job of the interior pub(Mall Tavern), loads of cozy booths and a more traditional style look.

Advertisement