Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

I see the Dish Cafe on Russel St will no longer be opening due to the Covid situation. A pity, as the grub was pretty good there, and I did enjoy the breakfast.

That's been common knowledge since May unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

That's been common knowledge since May unfortunately
    Welcome back under your one million billionth rereg! :)

Firbolg wrote: »

You've still got a major hard-on for me I see !

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Firbolg wrote: »

Is he related to the poster who was going under the name of wang king?

I don't know how the mods didn't spot it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Unless they are breaking specific board rules there’s nothing we can do about it! And it’s the higher up senior Mods that deal with things like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    We went to Killarney on Wednesday & had food in one of the bars there. No problem with social distancing. No one asked us for contact details though!?

We saw a group of youngsters trying to get into a few different bars in the town, but they seemed to be turned away from most.

It was a very wet afternoon, so not a huge crowd around the town.

Strange one, Ciarrai, We had a bite at a local bar/restaurant the Saturday before and they took our details alright. Also saw people being turned away this weekend.

Unless they are breaking specific board rules there’s nothing we can do about it! And it’s the higher up senior Mods that deal with things like that!

Yet shutting off a post that was dealing specifically with Covid 19 infections in Kerry was not applicable to to this thread, even if one of the mods referenced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The Pizza King is open in the old Potasta place next to Daybreak in Castle Street.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Yet shutting off a post that was dealing specifically with Covid 19 infections in Kerry was not applicable to to this thread, even if one of the mods referenced it.

I asked for specific covid-19 chat to be kept to the specific thread. Otherwise this thread will become clogged with it. Its not that big a deal! If you have an issue with re-registrations then report it!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

bobdcow wrote:
    The Pizza King is open in the old Potasta place next to Daybreak in Castle Street.

Best of luck to them, nice to see new businesses opening up

• Advertisement

I've never been banned pet, I can come and go as I please

He is a bit of a close talker I noticed from the few times I was in there.

Social distancing must be hard for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sardonicat wrote: »
    "Historic Princes Street Quarter"? Lol

Seen that,chorlte, Montmatre cant hold a candle to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Seen that,chorlte, Montmatre cant hold a candle to it.

The view of the Dole office is sublime!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

He is a bit of a close talker I noticed from the few times I was in there.

Social distancing must be hard for him.

I think you might be referring to the partner who no longer is part of that business (ie the one who spent half an hour describing how he foraged ingredients that morning for the menu or would then crucify you on Trip Advisor if you didn't give your meal five stars!).

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think you might be referring to the partner who no longer is part of that business (ie the one who spent half an hour describing how he foraged ingredients that morning for the menu or would then crucify you on Trip Advisor if you didn't give your meal five stars!).

Yeah that sounds like the same chap alright, he spent about 20 minutes going on about black pudding.

It was very disconcerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

This is a big problem with Trip Advisor. Another business in Tralee, not to far from CROI is the same. Any bad review is shot down and made out to be someone from another restrunt etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Aquadome is staying closed until at least next April.

• Advertisement

I asked for specific covid-19 chat to be kept to the specific thread. Otherwise this thread will become clogged with it. Its not that big a deal! If you have an issue with re-registrations then report it!

Mea culpa. :o

I've never been banned pet, I can come and go as I please

Pet?? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

What happened to him?

What happened to him?

He parted ways with the business. Not sure what he's doing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

I think he went to Maddens after that.

Forge83 wrote: »
    I think he went to Maddens after that.

He's gone from there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Strange that. You would swear that he gave birth to Croi singlehandedly, as it was ‘his life's work’ as was mentioned many times in interviews and online. Iv never been in there, as I couldn’t be listening to that sort of thing while trying to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

He also appeared on that show on RTE about Credit Unions.

He's gone from there too!

He left there almost overnight afaik. Haven't seen him around the place in a long time now.

• Advertisement

Strange that. You would swear that he gave birth to Croi singlehandedly, as it was ‘his life's work’ as was mentioned many times in interviews and online. Iv never been in there, as I couldn’t be listening to that sort of thing while trying to eat.

That kinda BS is just to justify hign prices in restaurants. Their second place didn't even last 3 months i think. Where the old Croi was

Advertisement