Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I don't think it's fair to be anonymously giving out about an individual on here. He's a sound guy and he's only ever greeted us with a smile in any establishment he has worked in and it would be very upsetting to read that people were talking about him online.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

To be fair to him, he does have a great positive attitude towards working and anytime I've spoken to him he's been very nice. Great credit to him for opening Croi in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

xxyyzz wrote:
    I don't think it's fair to be anonymously giving out about an individual on here. He's a sound guy and he's only ever greeted us with a smile in any establishment he has worked in and it would be very upsetting to read that people were talking about him online.

I agree 100% with you. Some people would want to cop the F on. The guy was trying to make a living in his own restaurant. Why people see this as a licence to slate people ill never know. To be honest the first time I heard him discuss it when I was eating there I actually really liked it. The second time I just informed him i have already been there before and he was polite and left it at that.

Was it to everyone's taste? Nope.
    Did he try and provide employment in the town, yip.

On a positive note, looking forward to trying the new place Pizza King, going by facebook the decor looks pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    I agree 100% with you. Some people would want to cop the F on. The guy was trying to make a living in his own restaurant. Why people see this as a licence to slate people ill never know. To be honest the first time I heard him discuss it when I was eating there I actually really liked it. The second time I just informed him i have already been there before and he was polite and left it at that.

Was it to everyone's taste? Nope.
    Did he try and provide employment in the town, yip.

On a positive note, looking forward to trying the new place Pizza King, going by facebook the decor looks pretty cool

Pizza King looks really good and the decor as you say helps.

As far as I’m aware though there is on going issues there with that building and planning permission which is partly the reason nothing ever stays there.

There is NO planning permission for a takeaway from that premises all food prepared must be consumed on the premises restaurant style!!!

I remember reading that it was appealed to an Bord pleanala at the time.

Might suit the current tenant however, but personally I think Pizza is generally a very takeaway-ish kind of food.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Clab mor wrote: »
    Pizza King looks really good and the decor as you say helps.

As far as I’m aware though there is on going issues there with that building and planning permission which is partly the reason nothing ever stays there.

There is NO planning permission for a takeaway from that premises all food prepared must be consumed on the premises restaurant style!!!

I remember reading that it was appealed to an Bord pleanala at the time.

Might suit the current tenant however, but personally I think Pizza is generally a very takeaway-ish kind of food.

I didn't realise that! I don't think I ever see many sitting down in there to eat. And as you say, pizza is more for take away. I hope they do well.

I have yet to try the Mizzoni Pizza place up in the Horan centre.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Does anyone know the best place to buy face visors in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

If you can try Acme blinds on Rock Street. I know they are selling them on their website. Their Based in Cork

https://www.acmeblinds.com/faceshield?pid=25

There will probably be a rush to get face masks in town tomorrow! I need to grab a few more spares, but I think I'll be going down early or they could be hard to get.

I am not looking forward to having to explain to customers they will have to wear them if coming into where I work!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

There will probably be a rush to get face masks in town tomorrow! I need to grab a few more spares, but I think I'll be going down early or they could be hard to get.

I am not looking forward to having to explain to customers they will have to wear them if coming into where I work!

Surely everyone knows this by now? It was well signposted long before the official decision was announced.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Surely everyone knows this by now? It was well signposted long before the official decision was announced.

There are a lot of people who don't wear them and a lot of people who I know we will have issues with and may refuse to. This won't happen overnight for a lot of people, despite what the government have told us to do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Lidl had plenty in stock this evening anyway. Like with the public transport face-covering rule, it'll probably be a week or two before it becomes law anyway and retailers would be better to advise rather than insist on them in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

This yoke isn't disappearing anytime soon it seems. Much of the World is still in the horrors. I think travel outside of Europe is banjaxed for at least another couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Heading to Tralee next week (masks included). The lads in the group usually spend an afternoon in a hostelry in town, watching the racing, having a few pints and doing a bet. Yesterday's news has put the mockers on that. Can anyone think of anywhere suitable, they'll even buy the €9 worth of food :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

jos28 wrote: »
    Heading to Tralee next week (masks included). The lads in the group usually spend an afternoon in a hostelry in town, watching the racing, having a few pints and doing a bet. Yesterday's news has put the mockers on that. Can anyone think of anywhere suitable, they'll even buy the €9 worth of food :D

Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Stay at home, outside of going for a scenic drive, going for a dinner or some shopping your goosed

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

No discussion of Covid 19 allowed on this thread please. According to Mod.

No discussion of Covid 19 allowed on this thread please. According to Mod.

We were discussing what to do on a visit to tralee :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

g1983d wrote: »
    We were discussing what to do on a visit to tralee :-)

Just use the advise of the professionals. Social distancing, hand hygiene. You know the drill. If we follow it,it's all good,

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Total Cleaning Supplies have some afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Head to the Meadowlands.

• Advertisement

The Brouge on Rock St is the only one that comes to mind. Ladbrokes across the road and Paddy Power, Boyles and Bar One Racing all further down Rock St/Pembroke St.

groovie wrote: »
    Head to the Meadowlands.
    Please don't.

Baileys pub are re-opening on Monday for food only. I assume that they will serve drink with the food though? They had their chalkboard sign out on the street today with the info.

Baileys pub are re-opening on Monday for food only. I assume that they will serve drink with the food though? They had their chalkboard sign out on the street today with the info.
    Glad to see that. That part of Castle St is now looking pretty miserable, with 'to let' signs up on the Spin SW building now.

I'm reliably informed that there is a bar, not a million miles from the Garda Station, that is openly flouting the Covid regulations. Its not a restaurant bar and is particularly small. It will bring in food from another business but its adherence to the regulations are only superficial I am told.

Car accident out the Tralee Dingle road near Annagh. Bad tail backs.

A lot of sirens going through town earlier. Hopefully not serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Car accident out the Tralee Dingle road near Annagh. Bad tail backs.

A lot of sirens going through town earlier. Hopefully not serious.

Looked serious enough . We drove past it on the way back to Tralee .

2 Vehicles The Blaack BMW had moderate damage to passenger side enough to fire Air bags , but the other car was a write off . Didn't see any one bar guards and fire crew. Assumed drivers taken in ambulance

kn wrote: »
    I'm reliably informed that there is a bar, not a million miles from the Garda Station, that is openly flouting the Covid regulations. Its not a restaurant bar and is particularly small. It will bring in food from another business but its adherence to the regulations are only superficial I am told.

Baileys corner not happy about it all, put a post up online criticising bars doing as you describe, obviously aimed at this bar

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

g1983d wrote: »
    Baileys corner not happy about it all, put a post up online criticising bars doing as you describe, obviously aimed at this bar

There's a bar not a million miles from the barracks acting the maggot as well but no questions asked.
    They should have opened all bars together or just open restaurants only.

• Advertisement

I see Claude Monte's barbers are opening a second shop in the square, in where Michael McCarthy had his hairdressers! We were only talking about it last week!

Advertisement