Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

g1983d wrote: »
    Baileys corner not happy about it all, put a post up online criticising bars doing as you describe, obviously aimed at this bar

I heard they were charging a tenner a head for a bbq by the ways

Just passed that olace there They were after leaving around 15 people out. They were all well on it. Joke of a carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Passed there about 9 and there were at least 10 people at the front door waiting
    to get in.

Drove around the corner and there was 8-9 in the small space between the back door and the hoarding out for a smoke.

Cops were 2 cars in front of me and didn't even slow down when they passed.
    Bloody joke.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Delighted to see Dillon Waste receive planning permission to relocate to Monavalley Industrial Estate. Hope Higgins make a similar move.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Quackster wrote: »
    Delighted to see Dillon Waste receive planning permission to relocate to Monavalley Industrial Estate. Hope Higgins make a similar move.

There not relocating?? It’s an additional depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Ate in the imperial today. Really good food

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

We went to Yummy's cafe on Saturday for the first time since before lockdown. I must say I really like the new layout and the little dividers between the tables! It looks really well. I prefer it to the long tables they had.

They only allow up the 4 small kids play in the kids area at a time. We went in just before 12pm & there were very few kids in there, so my little boy was delighted to be back in playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Ate at the Rose Hotel in the bar on Saturday. Stunning food. All staff had the visors and the place was spotless. Seats well spaced out also. Definitely worth a visit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

McDonalds are reopening their sit down area today. Hopefully that is going to help ease the traffic from the drive-thru!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

Has anyone eaten in the Yellow Door restaurant on Denny Street? I only realised yesterday that they have opened and the menu looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    McDonalds are reopening their sit down area today. Hopefully that is going to help ease the traffic from the drive-thru!

They've had walk in for take away which was fine

• Advertisement

They've had walk in for take away which was fine

Oh right, I wasn't aware of that! I thought it was drive-thru only.

Has anyone eaten in the Yellow Door restaurant on Denny Street? I only realised yesterday that they have opened and the menu looks nice.

I didn't realise until last week that they had opened. I knew they were due to open before lockdown. I must try it out.

Finally gave into curiosity and used the Starbucks drive-though. Purely for research purposes of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Finally gave into curiosity and used the Starbucks drive-though. Purely for research purposes of course! :D

What were your findings?

What’s the verdict?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What were your findings?
    What’s the verdict?
    Had a large latte, which at €4.55 one wouldn't want to be indulging in too often! That said, considering the size of it you could easily drown in it! :D

Their coffee is decent enough but not exceptional. If I'm grabbing a coffee for the road, I'll stick with McD's or some of the filing stations that are reliably solid and that bit cheaper. And if I'm indulging, I'll still be popping into a nice local independent café.

Had a large latte, which at €4.55 one wouldn't want to be indulging in too often! That said, considering the size of it you could easily drown in it! :D

Their coffee is decent enough but not exceptional. If I'm grabbing a coffee for the road, I'll stick with McD's or some of the filing stations that are reliably solid and that bit cheaper. And if I'm indulging, I'll still be popping into a nice local independent café.

A very comprehensive review, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Was watching that Philip Boucher Hayes food show on rte before and he met with an independent coffee guy who roasted his own beans, etc and he said that if he charged the markup costa and Starbucks charged he would have to charge over €20 a cup such is the difference in bean quality they use

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think where Starbucks and Costa make their profits also is from the frappacinos/iced coffees/flavoured coffees etc that younger customers seem to love. I'm a plain Americano drinker all the way and McDonald's surprisingly do one of the best!

Seemingly Tralee Starbucks are only open 10a.m. to 6p.m. for the next while and drive thru only. They need to open earlier if they want to get the breakfast or the on their way to work crowd!

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think where Starbucks and Costa make their profits also is from the frappacinos/iced coffees/flavoured coffees etc that younger customers seem to love. I'm a plain Americano drinker all the way and McDonald's surprisingly do one of the best!

Seemingly Tralee Starbucks are only open 10a.m. to 6p.m. for the next while and drive thru only. They need to open earlier if they want to get the breakfast or the on their way to work crowd!

I think those hours perfectly suit the breaks of the crowd across the road that gave them planning :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

g1983d wrote: »
    Was watching that Philip Boucher Hayes food show on rte before and he met with an independent coffee guy who roasted his own beans, etc and he said that if he charged the markup costa and Starbucks charged he would have to charge over €20 a cup such is the difference in bean quality they use

Yes but they're always going to say something like though aren't they?

cms88 wrote: »
    Yes but they're always going to say something like though aren't they?

Thats true but wouldn't surprise me either if it was true

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzare

Can anyone recommend a good place for a decent haircut ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

bazzare wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a good place for a decent haircut ?

Download the booksy app. Sorts it all out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Always found manor barbers good. Need to use the nearcut app to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Applegreen Fairies cross 24.7 for fuel for next hour

I'm glad I'm not in Tralee at the moment as either I'd feel compelled to take advantage and be cursing the resultant crazy queues or else I'd be cursing that having filled up last night, I can't take advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Free replacement fuel filter not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I'm the same, filled up last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

That might explain the tailback down to the traffic lights at the railway station.

Advertisement