Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Quackster wrote: »
    Delighted to see Dillon Waste receive planning permission to relocate to Monavalley Industrial Estate. Hope Higgins make a similar move.

This grant of planning permission has now been appealed to an bord pleanala.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Apparently there were people hopping over the walls with gallon drums and all sorts down in applegreen for the hour the fuel offer was on. Sounds like it was reckless lol.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Clab mor wrote: »
    This grant of planning permission has now been appealed to an bord pleanala.
    Will that was inevitable!

Considering the location in an established industrial estate though, I can't see any appeal being successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Considering the location in an established industrial estate though, I can't see any appeal being successful.

The location is the right place for it to be fair. Easy access on the outskirts of the town.
    However it’s absolute stupidity for the council to first give planning permission for a small housing development across the road from it and afterwards planning for the recycling facility. It should have been one of the other.
    The developer that owns those sites is going to find it very hard to find buyers across from a dump. What is the point in having a planning process.

I’m assuming An Bord Pleanala will look at potential domestic developments in that area and land that may be used for that in the future.

The Bracker O Regan road (which the site immediately borders) has numerous housing development opportunities along its route. If the site was more centrally located within the industrial estate it may be more open and shut case. The future of any potential development in terms of housing in the area could be severely impacted with a waste facility in close proximity.

Agreed that the current situation suits, smells, noise, vermin, birds etc will have little impact on current lands but any potential for domestic development nearby could be hampered in future developments.

There are also plans to link the Bracker o Regan Road up with (I think) the forge cross section of the bypass which also needs to be taken into account.

• Advertisement

Forge83 wrote: »
    The location is the right place for it to be fair. Easy access on the outskirts of the town.
    However it’s absolute stupidity for the council to first give planning permission for a small housing development across the road from it and afterwards planning for the recycling facility. It should have been one of the other.
    The developer that owns those sites is going to find it very hard to find buyers across from a dump. What is the point in having a planning process.
    Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Forge83 wrote: »

Those sites were made available there about 4 years ago. Strange how not even one house has been started there since.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Those sites were made available there about 4 years ago. Strange how not even one house has been started there since.
    Was just about to post the same, maybe they are trying to sell the lot in one go to a developer (or the council)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Was just about to post the same, maybe they are trying to sell the lot in one go to a developer (or the council)

I think they were priced at around 100k which is the reason nobody has bought one. They won’t be long dropping the price if Dillon’s get the all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Clab mor wrote: »

There are also plans to link the Bracker o Regan Road up with (I think) the forge cross section of the bypass which also needs to be taken into account.

Indeed, CPOs are all done for that I believe too.

• Advertisement

Correct. It's more-or-less ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Tried Pizza King on Castle Street earlier this week. Nice food, certain things remind me of how Pizza Time used to be in the 90s. They threw in a dessert on the house too.

Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Interesting, what route will it take? Will it be further up or down the hill from the existing rat run from forge cross?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's a burnt out car up in Oakpark, just inside the drive of a house on the main road (at entrance to Forge Park).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There's a burnt out car up in Oakpark, just inside the drive of a house on the main road (at entrance to Forge Park).

Didn't notice it this morning

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Didn't notice it this morning

Its there now! I don't know when it happened. I had assumed overnight when my husband told me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Is that the yellow house just before the roundabout? I've seen some dodgy goings-on there, guards are regularly there, cars being repossessed, broken windows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Is that the yellow house just before the roundabout? I've seen some dodgy goings-on there, guards are regularly there, cars being repossessed, broken windows etc.

This house and next door are now owned by one side of our "former" town feud.
    I guess this ,burned out cars etc ,is destined to continue

xxyyzz wrote: »

Yes that’s one. I think it used to be owned by the O’Sheas who have the buses.

Have a code for the car wash at Circle K Major that I won't get to use before it expires Monday evening. If anyone fancies it, I'll PM it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Have a code for the car wash at Circle K Major that I won't get to use before it expires Monday evening. If anyone fancies it, I'll PM it to you.

Id use it if still available

g1983d wrote: »
    Id use it if still available
    PMed!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

PMed!

thanks very much, jon for tomorrow :-)

Had some food in Der Sullivan’s in the Mall today, the renovation is very nice in there, a big improvement on what it was. Grub was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Was away for a week. When I passed there last Sun it looked like the car had rolled down from the front door & stopped at a strange angle near the gate. When I got back yesterday car was in the same position but burned out. House looks as rough as a bears bottom while they keep the house next door in great condition.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Had some food in Der Sullivan’s in the Mall today, the renovation is very nice in there, a big improvement on what it was. Grub was good too.

was that in the bar or the restaurant part? Both look great, must visit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Listrydude wrote: »

I walked through there when I was home a month ago and bar totally transformed with cosy booths laid out in a traditional style but combined with some modern, hipster style influences. I've heard other reports that their new food and cocktails menus are really good too. Sounds like the Mall Tavern will become the new place to go on nights out. Must try out on next visit home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Not much social distancing to be seen inside Quinlans seafood on the mall when passing this afternoon. Tables and customers right up on top of each other.

Listrydude wrote: »

Restaurant part. I definitely recommend it. Need to check out the new look Bailys corner too, they have done extensive work on the premises in the last number of weeks.

• Advertisement

Another bricks & mortar shop closing this weekend. Rockalily just off the Square (next to Oxfam) is closing the shop and going exclusively online. She set up an online shop during lockdown, and she's decided to just go down that route. I don't blame her. She may as well save on rent, rates etc etc! Best of luck to her.

Advertisement