Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

115 grand seems v low too for a current house on market there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

115 grand seems v low too for a current house on market there

Not necessarily. There have been houses in our estate in Oakpark that have gone for low prices (may be slightly higher than that, but still on the low side). Its mainly because they were not in great condition inside as they had been rented for years and no maintenance had been done inside or out. Our house isn't going to make near what we paid for it originally, which is depressing.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

phormium wrote: »
    That's an abnormally low price, family sale or something? Has to be some reason as that's not the usual market price.
    Unless it was the actual house where the murder happened? Folk tend to be rather irrational about that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Quackster wrote: »
    Unless it was the actual house where the murder happened? Folk tend to be rather irrational about that sort of thing.

Nahhh, I just looked that up on the register - https://www.daft.ie/price-register/kerry/tralee/killeen-woods/?keyword=Killeen+Woods&min_price=25000&max_price=5000000&sortby=sold_date-desc

number 23 was not the house where the murder happened. I'm pretty sure that the house where the young lad was killed is now owned by the council and used as a council house. That price seems unusually low, I can only imagine that there was some serious work needed on it, or as mentioned by someone else on the thread, it could have been a sale to family. The usual prices houses have went for in that estate in the last year and a half have been 130ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Not necessarily. There have been houses in our estate in Oakpark that have gone for low prices (may be slightly higher than that, but still on the low side). Its mainly because they were not in great condition inside as they had been rented for years and no maintenance had been done inside or out. Our house isn't going to make near what we paid for it originally, which is depressing.

What estate in OakPark is this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

What estate in OakPark is this?

Would rather not say publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Does the price on the Property Price Register for the Property you're querying have an asterisk * next to it (denoting below market rate)? This usually means it was sold off the market to a family member or another connected person to the vendor at an intentional discount.

Howeve, I'm not sure it's fair to be listing out individual private addresses here on a chat forum though. If I owned or rented the property being discussed, it wouldn't be nice having my home discussed in a derogatory way. I'm sure you'd be the same about your home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I am told that the Gardai are wandering into a certain bar in the Square on at least a couple of times a day and that it is now closing after 9pm because of course there is no off site food to bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

kn wrote: »
    I am told that the Gardai are wandering into a certain bar in the Square on at least a couple of times a day and that it is now closing after 9pm because of course there is no off site food to bring in.

There's only two bars in the Square lol so its one of two.

Apparently Elvery's Sports are reopening tomorrow (Thursday).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Passed by bar today, the outside area was packed. Only 2 people were eating, and that was a Subway from next door.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Passed by bar today, the outside area was packed. Only 2 people were eating, and that was a Subway from next door.

Always seems to be the same. I saw them put an empty, dirty plate in front of someone last weekend! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Always seems to be the same. I saw them put an empty, dirty plate in front of someone last weekend! :mad:

This must sicken all the compliant bars (the wet bars who remain close and are hurting financially) and the bars that are open and serving food and have gone to costly lengths to comply with every NPHET guideline to ensure public safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It seems to me that it was going to be closed for good, because they removed the Tralee location their website a while ago. Something must have changed their mind, as it's now open and back on their store locater list.

I hope it goes well, or they'll change their mind again.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It seems to me that it was going to be closed for good, because they removed the Tralee location their website a while ago. Something must have changed their mind, as it's now open and back on their store locater list.

Hallelujah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

ejmaztec wrote: »

imo i wouldn't be surprised if it does close. They can't be doing much in there. I don't remember the last time i was even in there. Where they not supposed to be moving a few months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Did it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

The grand hotel has a lot left to be desired also which is surprising for what is normally a very decent spot.

People are allowed to enter the bar not knowing if there are tables available or not. There is no one on the door monitoring numbers. This from what I’ve seen results in people walking in stopping and looking for a table realising there’s none and walking out again. Nightmare scenario if someone had Covid 19.

There is also no contact tracing details taken.

They are using the ballroom area at the back as a waiting area where people are being served drink with no food while waiting for a table to free up.

Personally witnessed a number of people using the back laneway to access the ballroom just for alcohol. I know a few of the heads that were were most definitely not waiting for a table to be served food.

It seems he’s attracting a few daily drinkers with no interest in food that would usually frequent other wet bars that are lowering the tone a bit.

Clab mor wrote: »
    The grand hotel has a lot left to be desired also which is surprising for what is normally a very decent spot.

People are allowed to enter the bar not knowing if there are tables available or not. There is no one on the door monitoring numbers. This from what I’ve seen results in people walking in stopping and looking for a table realising there’s none and walking out again. Nightmare scenario if someone had Covid 19.

There is also no contact tracing details taken.

They are using the ballroom area at the back as a waiting area where people are being served drink with no food while waiting for a table to free up.

Personally witnessed a number of people using the back laneway to access the ballroom just for alcohol. I know a few of the heads that were were most definitely not waiting for a table to be served food.

It seems he’s attracting a few daily drinkers with no interest in food that would usually frequent other wet bars that are lowering the tone a bit.

I heard a similar story!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Has any one tried the new Pizza Place - Mizzoni? I've not tried it or the other one on Castle St yet. I used to love the firewood cooked pizza place near the courthouse. A pity it closed down a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

starlit wrote: »
    Has any one tried the new Pizza Place - Mizzoni? I've not tried it or the other one on Castle St yet. I used to love the firewood cooked pizza place near the courthouse. A pity it closed down a few years ago.

Chez Christophe is in there now and he does wood fired.pizzas too. I think the original oven is still there.

We tried Mizzonis when it first opened, they put on very, very little sauce. It was like just eating cheese on bread. Haven't been back since, but other Mizzonis in other counties are great, so hopefully my experience was just teething problems.

Pizza King on Castle Street we had a very good experience in. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Hello guys, I am moving back to Tralee and into a new apartment next week. The apartment I'm renting does not have parking. Do you guys know if the Tralee county council do parking permits I can buy for the year or something or is there anywhere to park for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Hello guys, I am moving back to Tralee and into a new apartment next week. The apartment I'm renting does not have parking. Do you guys know if the Tralee county council do parking permits I can buy for the year or something or is there anywhere to park for the year?

mossy95 wrote: »

They do permits. You need a copy of your lease/rental agreement and I think drivers licence. I may have forgotten something but give them a buzz for exactly what you need and the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Does anyone know if easons is open

Does anyone know if easons is open

It is open, I was in there today. Although not open after 6pm if that's what you mean?

Does anyone know if you can buy hose pipe cut to measure in Tralee anywhere? I wouldn't need a full length one, just 1m/1.5m would do me for hooking up to a dehumidifier for constant drainage. Jesus it's heavy weather lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Are they I thought they had closed down the last time I was in Tralee town.

• Advertisement

Are they I thought they had closed down the last time I was in Tralee town.

They hadn't closed down, just closed for Covid-19. They were due to move premises, but that's put on hold for now. They haven't gone out of business.

Advertisement