Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

bobdcow wrote: »
    Is it acceptable to be cutting your lawn at 7.30am? We live in an estate and the neighbour was cutting his lawn at half 7 - I know most people would be getting up anyway around that time but do you think it's a bit early?

http://www.thejournal.ie/woodstock-golf-course-damage-2884741-Jul2016/

gotta get it cut before dem darned cows break in! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Horans will not be reopening their nightclub , a small announcement on their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Horans will not be reopening their nightclub , a small announcement on their Facebook page

Just a live music venue so?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just a live music venue so?

Not reopening at all now! They were advertising jobs a few days ago!?
    https://www.facebook.com/LiveAtHorans/posts/10157294324390151

I smell a little bs.... somebody was floating it and seeing if the idea would take off, obviously no takers

• Advertisement

I smell a little bs.... somebody was floating it and seeing if the idea would take off, obviously no takers

Come on now Felix, how much was in the brown envelope you handed over? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

I notice utensils on castle street has closed and manor west are putting up gates at entrances and around the car park.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I notice utensils on castle street has closed and manor west are putting up gates at entrances and around the car park.

As far as I know that although utensils have closed their retail shop they are still supplying to the hospitality trade.

kerryked wrote: »
    Come on now Felix, how much was in the brown envelope you handed over? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh I'm delighted I'll admit that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Not reopening at all now! They were advertising jobs a few days ago!?
    https://www.facebook.com/LiveAtHorans/posts/10157294324390151

Ya and asking people what acts they would like to see on their Facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It's misleading for Horans to say "contrary to speculation" when it was clearly themselves that mooted the idea of it reopening in the first place and furthermore advertised jobs. I guess they jumped the gun before doing the final sums.

At least there was some good jobs news in Tralee this week - Sigmar Recruitment are opening an office in Liber House Monavalley creating 30 jobs over the next two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Anyone here been playing Pokemon Go around the town? Met a good few people in the park playing it.

So what's next for Horan's? Does it lie deserted for another 10 years? Gut it and turn it into factory space/office blocks? Does Tralee even need that?

On another note, anyone heard how Tony O'Shea is doing at the roundabout in Clash? Wonder has parking been an issue there?

The_Mac wrote: »
    Anyone here been playing Pokemon Go around the town? Met a good few people in the park playing it.

Has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of! Thank god I'm stuck at home at the moment so I don't have to see it! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I've seen a bunch of teenagers playing it today, strolled right across Denny St, glued to his phone following his friends, not a care in the world, he seemed happy. You could see a bunch of teenagers in the park all on their phones by the toilets/Ashe Hall - the wife has it on her phone, and it only seems to work some of the time, handy bit of fun to pass the time.

So what's next for Horan's? Does it lie deserted for another 10 years? Gut it and turn it into factory space/office blocks? Does Tralee even need that?

On another note, anyone heard how Tony O'Shea is doing at the roundabout in Clash? Wonder has parking been an issue there?

I'd pass there Daily and there seems to be someone in there all the time. It's nice that he has the bench outside, I often see people sitting there eating, chatting - gives it a nice touch.

Has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of! Thank god I'm stuck at home at the moment so I don't have to see it! Lol

Guess its better to get young people out and walking around rather than stuck inside in from of a screen all day.

I'd pass there Daily and there seems to be someone in there all the time. It's nice that he has the bench outside, I often see people sitting there eating, chatting - gives it a nice touch.

Thought you were talking about Horan's for a minute, I was thinking jaysuss times must be bad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

As far as I know that although utensils have closed their retail shop they are still supplying to the hospitality trade.

What a pity, I loved that shop, bought a few items, and always got good service, Have they opened up somewhere else in town, I for one hope so

goat2 wrote: »
    What a pity, I loved that shop, bought a few items, and always got good service, Have they opened up somewhere else in town, I for one hope so

I'd second that, it was a great shop and as you said excellent service. He always had a great range and good quality products too. It would be great to see him reopen somewhere else, but he had a good location in town, where could he re-open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The bouncy castles must be going well.

goat2 wrote: »

No, they are closed, not reopening as a retail shop. As I said, just dealing with the hospitality sector.

I'd second that, it was a great shop and as you said excellent service. He always had a great range and good quality products too. It would be great to see him reopen somewhere else, but he had a good location in town, where could he re-open?

I'd say they found it tough to compete with the likes of Homestore and More etc. Come to think of it, every big store does kitchen ware (Dunnes,Tesco, TK Maxx, Woodies, Heatons, Debenhams, Dealz etc) so competing against the giants was always a tough task!

I wouldn't be surprised if Horan's convert the nightclub space to more retail considering they've done well with filling all the units out the front recently (Iceland, pharmacy, butchers etc).

and did you notice that the Cleaning Shop has taken over the space between themselves and Iceland in the past week, they must be doing well.

Guess it's a good few years down the line before the project will be completed, but good to hear that the ball is rolling on it

I believe the Tralee/Fenit is well behind other counties that started the process at the same time. I think there was segment on Radio Kerry about it a few months back, other counties just got on with the work and received the grants and are making great progress. It will be a great addition and I can't wait to use it, hopefully there will be grant money to move it on sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Am I the only one who is looking forward to the revamp of the town centre? Most of the comments I see on social media are negative. I think it's a positive. It's about time our town was modernised a bit. They have to start somewhere.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who is looking forward to the revamp of the town centre? Most of the comments I see on social media are negative. I think it's a positive. It's about time our town was modernised a bit. They have to start somewhere.

It's going ahead soon. There were issues which the council took on board & have dealt with.

Advertisement