Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Letting the grass grow long only gives some people a good place to dump rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

HI

I am just wondering if anyone knows someone who does diagnostic and repairs on Smart TV's. Think I have a software problem, and trying to figure out if it is worth my while trying to repair it or not ( given TV are relatively not that expensive ).

THanks
    JB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

JB81 wrote: »
    HI

I am just wondering if anyone knows someone who does diagnostic and repairs on Smart TV's. Think I have a software problem, and trying to figure out if it is worth my while trying to repair it or not ( given TV are relatively not that expensive ).

THanks
    JB
    Offset the costs of looking at it against a new one. Check out richer sounds. They have a sub forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Looking for a recommendation for engineers to help with planning permission. Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Igotadose wrote: »
    Looking for a recommendation for engineers to help with planning permission. Thanks.

I've seen Stephen Kearny's name recommended a few times. He's based out in the Spa. Google & you will find his details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

Brendan O’Connell, Gas Terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I've seen Stephen Kearny's name recommended a few times. He's based out in the Spa. Google & you will find his details.

Thanks. Have you or someone you know used them?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks. Have you or someone you know used them?

Not me personally no. I have seen him recommended a lot and know of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭StrikingOut

I’ve used Jeremy Walsh and would highly recommend him

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭boardlady

Warren Reidy, Design and Planning. Based out west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭poppy37

Anybody have any recommendations for best place to buy window blinds. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Brookfield college gone into liquidation.

poppy37 wrote: »
    Anybody have any recommendations for best place to buy window blinds. Thanks in advance

Either Slatterys in Boherbee or Fabric & Furniture centre in Ballybeggan.

adam88 wrote: »

Oh dear that’s a shame. They are around a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

adam88 wrote:

Is this public knowledge, just cant see it anywhere? Very sad if true as will mean more job losses

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭poppy37

Either Slatterys in Boherbee or Fabric & Furniture centre in Ballybeggan.

Thanks Ciarrai I will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Thats a surprise, repeated my leaving cert in rock Street years ago

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    Is this public knowledge, just cant see it anywhere? Very sad if true as will mean more job losses

Email went out this evening. Gone into liquidation. They blamed Covid 19 and poor attendance this year

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

poppy37 wrote: »

got mine in Acme Blinds in Killarney. Can't fault them

A lot of very unhappy parents who had only last week paid large deposits to Brookfield college. They now have no places for their kids to go to school. Understandably they are unhappy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A lot of very unhappy parents who had only last week paid large deposits to Brookfield college. They now have no places for their kids to go to school. Understandably they are unhappy!

The sooner this practice is recognised in law as fraud the better.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The sooner this practice is recognised in law as fraud the better.

Surely they knew they were in some sort of trouble in the last few weeks? Its not right they took in deposits if they did know. Those parents are now on a creditors list and may not get their money back. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Surely they knew they were in some sort of trouble in the last few weeks? Its not right they took in deposits if they did know. Those parents are now on a creditors list and may not get their money back. Not good.

Disgusting carry on that should not be legally acceptable.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

It’s scandalous! They purposely took the deposits knowing they didn’t have the numbers and that they were going to liquidate. Liquidation is voluntary.
    The chances of parents getting any money back is very low.
    Any idea who the directors are?
    I hope people remember this when they reopen under a new name next year. On that note, I see Yogoland on rock street has reopened under a new name...

Forge83 wrote: »
    It’s scandalous! They purposely took the deposits knowing they didn’t have the numbers and that they were going to liquidate. Liquidation is voluntary.
    The chances of parents getting any money back is very low.
    Any idea who the directors are?
    I hope people remember this when they reopen under a new name next year. On that note, I see Yogoland on rock street has reopened under a new name...

The principle and his wife were the directors apparently. Disgraceful carry on. Lots of parents would have borrowed to try and fund their children through the school in the hope that they’d get better grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

How come the place on ashe street, 7th heaven is always empty? The food in there is great! Was a bit intimidated or something going in as was empty but like nothing wrong with service.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

The principle and his wife were the directors apparently. Disgraceful carry on. Lots of parents would have borrowed to try and fund their children through the school in the hope that they’d get better grades.

While a business going bust is always terrible, the clear deception by them is not acceptable. If I was one of those parents I’d be calling to their front door looking for my money.
    I’d bet they looked after themselves before liquidating. Would also be interested to know if they drew down business restart grants etc which require a business to reopen.
    Lastly, how does a business that long around not have the cash reserves to survive one year. I’d imagine fees there were never cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Desperate for the teaching staff too, who have likely missed out on the opportunity to interview for jobs for the upcoming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's absolutely appalling for the kids and families and teachers affected. Some of those kids contribute to their fees themselves. What an awful thing to do to them. As if this year hasn't been full of enough uncertainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The_Kitty wrote: »
    How come the place on ashe street, 7th heaven is always empty? The food in there is great! Was a bit intimidated or something going in as was empty but like nothing wrong with service.

Haven't tried it. Twice, we considered it but they had no menu on their window/wall as we were passing by so we hadn't a clue what they served or what price range. You don't want to be seated somewhere and then find it has nothing you like or the prices are out of your budget. Surely an exterior menu display is Restaurant Rule 101?

Advertisement