Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Objection lodged as well for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Quackster wrote: »
    I hope everyone with an interest in seeing the Tralee-Fenit greenway finally bought to fruition makes an objection before tomorrow against the proposed diversion at Bawnboy that seeks to facilitate the attempted theft of public property by a local business. More info in today's Kerry's Eye.

Objections can be emailed to ciu@kerrycoco.ie

There ms a dedicated thread tralee to fenit greenway in the Kerry forum.

I could do without whingy cyclists clogging up the tralee thread who will most likely use the main roads anyway regardless of the greenway.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mitchelsontour

@Clab_mor

sound man for reminding me - just posted there as well.

@Clab_mor

sound man for reminding me - just posted there as well.

Your as good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Clab mor wrote: »
    There ms a dedicated thread tralee to fenit greenway in the Kerry forum.

I could do without whingy cyclists clogging up the tralee thread who will most likely use the main roads anyway regardless of the greenway.

Someone a bit moody this evening

• Advertisement

adam88 wrote: »
    Someone a bit moody this evening

Not at all.

However the original post was from a mod who should have more sense and post to the correct thread. (search before you post)

No mod has had the decency to move the post either.

One rule for them another for others!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Not at all.

However the original post was from a mod who should have more sense and post to the correct thread. (search before you post)

The original post related to Tralee and therefore IMO belongs in this thread. The existence of another dedicated thread is irrelevant. If my assumption is incorrect, I'm open to correction by more experienced mods.

If you have a problem with this or anything else, PM a mod. Further discussion of modding in this thread will earn you an automatic ban. Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Not at all.

Jesus, I'd say you're great craic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Unfortunately Shindig have closed their shop on Ashe Street. They are going to go online though. Shame to see another shop close.

Something in the Kerry's eye saying how we have a lot higher rate of empty units than Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

http://traleetoday.ie/campaign-calls-on-councillors-to-refuse-planning-for-diversion-on-tralee-fenit-greenway/

'The owner of the business told Radio Kerry that he is fully supportive of the Tralee-Fenit Greenway and wants the project to follow the original route
    He said he was willing to relocate his business, but was told by Kerry County Council that it would cost too much to do this, so the Council proposed the 700m diversion'

• Advertisement

http://traleetoday.ie/campaign-calls-on-councillors-to-refuse-planning-for-diversion-on-tralee-fenit-greenway/

'The owner of the business told Radio Kerry that he is fully supportive of the Tralee-Fenit Greenway and wants the project to follow the original route
    He said he was willing to relocate his business, but was told by Kerry County Council that it would cost too much to do this, so the Council proposed the 700m diversion'
    He wanted the council to pay to relocate his business that has no planning permission to operate where it's currently located on land that doesn't belong to him.

Hmm, yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

He wanted the council to pay to relocate his business that has no planning permission to operate where it's currently located on land that doesn't belong to him.

Hmm, yeah...

Who is the business owner?
    I assume the council trying to remove him from the land could lead to a long drawn out legal battle which would delay the Greenway?

Forge83 wrote: »
    Who is the business owner?
    I assume the council trying to remove him from the land could lead to a long drawn out legal battle which would delay the Greenway?
    The company is Southwest Pallet Production.

I won't post the owner's name as it hasn't appeared in any other public media AFAIK but it shouldn't be too difficult to find with the auld Google yoke.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong, Radio Kerry has identified him. Martin O'Regan is the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Traleelad

The company is Southwest Pallet Production.

I won't post the owner's name as it hasn't appeared in any other public media AFAIK but it shouldn't be too difficult to find with the auld Google yoke.

For someone that hasn’t been up to speed on this.

What’s the big deal with the route taking the 700m divert???

Just wondering what all the fuss is about.

Traleelad wrote: »
    For someone that hasn’t been up to speed on this.

What’s the big deal with the route taking the 700m divert???

Just wondering what all the fuss is about.
    A myriad of reasons. Best read up on it on cyclist.ie if you're interested in knowing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Radio Kerry website has a lot of info on it.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Shindig have closed their shop on Ashe Street. They are going to go online though. Shame to see another shop close.

Something in the Kerry's eye saying how we have a lot higher rate of empty units than Killarney.
    Very disappointing to hear but I guess covid has had a massive impact on the fashion trade. A lot of people still won't go into shops unless they're looking for something specific they need.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Very disappointing to hear but I guess covid has had a massive impact on the fashion trade. A lot of people still won't go into shops unless they're looking for something specific they need.

I don't mind going into clothes shops for a browse, but its not being able to try things on that is putting me off buying much. I have to really want it to buy it and try on at home. I am buying a lot less!! Penney's must have so many returns at the moment!

A myriad of reasons. Best read up on it on cyclist.ie if you're interested in knowing more.

I skimmed through it, it’s not something I would be interested in personally so didn’t give it much time. Other than setting a precedent for other projects. I don’t see the issue personally.

It’s a happy compromise to ensure the project isn’t held up in red tape.

Cyclist lobby groups almost crippled the Dingle road upgrades and held it up for a number of months with issues about cycleways.

It would be a shame to see something similar in this instance for the sake of 700m.

Other than cyclists have any other groups put forward objections? ie walkers runners etc who would also be using the greenway!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I don't mind going into clothes shops for a browse, but its not being able to try things on that is putting me off buying much. I have to really want it to buy it and try on at home. I am buying a lot less!! Penney's must have so many returns at the moment!

I needed a few different rig outs for different reasons. Ended up paying 700 euros for them just to bring them home to bring them back a few hours later and only eventually keeping 100 euros worth of the stuff. Pure waste of time and effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I haven't bought clothes in a real shop in town since before lockdown, it's just not worth the bother. Now I haven't bought much online either so that hasn't really replaced it. The hassle of returning online things is always irritating too but it's even more hassle now to have to return to a real shop when you can't try it on. I don't want to go browse in the first place and knowing I may need a second trip back doesn't encourage me either!

I really feel sorry for shops, it must be very hard to keep going with reduced footfall as I presume I'm not the only one not browsing anymore.

Debenhams seem to be negotiating with their staff at last! Hopefully they will have a resolution next week according to the Radio Kerry website.

https://www.radiokerry.ie/potential-resolution-negotiated-debenhams-dispute/

Debenhams seem to be negotiating with their staff at last! Hopefully they will have a resolution next week according to the Radio Kerry website.

https://www.radiokerry.ie/potential-resolution-negotiated-debenhams-dispute/

Fingers crossed they will get some closure they deserve it.

Fair play for the staff for sticking it out with their protest up in Manor. I assume staff from the other outlets in Ireland have been doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Does anyone know if the bar in the Mall Tavern open for drink with food?

Does anyone know if the bar in the Mall Tavern open for drink with food?

During the day? I’m not 100% sure, but definitely at night. However they are fully booked this weekend at night according to their social media page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Hmm, yeah...
    I'm in 2 minds about this, part of me thinks that this is so close to completion there's a risk that it could get caught up in red tape for years to come so just go ahead with the compromise but on the other hand looking at the map for the reroute, it looks fecking daft, you would be tempted to just take the road and join the line at bawnboy bridge. Plus the fact that the business has no right to be there anyway. It would be very frustrating.

Apparently they are not in agreement with the initial offer from Debenhams. Hopefully they will come to an agreement soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Apparently they are not in agreement with the initial offer from Debenhams. Hopefully they will come to an agreement soon though.
    Not at all happy. They're back on the picket line tonight.

• Advertisement

Starbucks drive through is one very busy spot since it’s opened. I don’t think I’ve passed yet and not seen a large q.

Advertisement