Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

That young lad from Tralee who allegedly racially abused Ian Wright by Twitter a few months ago has appeared in Tralee court on charges relating to it. I hadn't realised it was even going to court!

https://www.radiokerry.ie/teenager-appears-tralee-court-charges-harassing-footballer-ian-wright/

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That young lad from Tralee who allegedly racially abused Ian Wright by Twitter a few months ago has appeared in Tralee court on charges relating to it. I hadn't realised it was even going to court!

https://www.radiokerry.ie/teenager-appears-tralee-court-charges-harassing-footballer-ian-wright/

Great news, I hope justice is served

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/irish-teen-charged-with-offences-over-racial-abuse-of-football-star-ian-wright-39556348.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Does anyone have recommendations for website designers in and around Tralee? Especially ones that are good at ecommerce sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

RTE News read out his full address - is that normal? In any case its hardly fair.

kn wrote: »
    RTE News read out his full address - is that normal? In any case its hardly fair.

I heard that also and I was a bit surprised when they did. I thought he was a minor? In any case, sounds like they will be making an example of him. Hopefully he has learned from this, but it will be costly to him and his family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    Perfectly normal as it's in the public domain once a person is charged - except for certain specific offences or if the person was a minor when the alleged offence took place.

In other news, six of our seven local councillors acquiesced to the diversion of the Tralee-Fenit greenway. Honourable mention goes to Deirdre Ferris for the sole vote against.

Unfortunately this will now have to be appealled to ABP, which will result in a further delay of at least the best part of a year waiting on their decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Folks, can I ask what are your favourite places around for an evening meal? Doesn't have to be fancy or formal just looking for ideas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

keane2097 wrote: »
    Folks, can I ask what are your favourite places around for an evening meal? Doesn't have to be fancy or formal just looking for ideas :)

West End in Fenit.
    Top class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Been to Cassidys a few times. Consistently decent, if not spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Brogue

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Really like the new 'orangery' bar at Ballyseede Castle. Plenty of outdoor seating in the garden too, some of which is covered by an awning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Agree with the West End, we also love Bella Bia for an evening meal. Der O'Sullivan's The Mall also has a very tasty menu and is really nice since they did the place up. Lana always a good shout too for decent food and good servic, if you're not interested in going out for a full 2 hour sit down or what ever the limit is these days!

Agree that the food in the West End is very good but we were there a few weeks ago and let's just say weren't particularly impressed with their compliance with COVID measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Il pomo d'oro is lovely and owner is very welcoming and as mentioned above The Organery in Ballyseede Castle is nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Quackster wrote: »
    Perfectly normal as it's in the public domain once a person is charged - except for certain specific offences or if the person was a minor when the alleged offence took place.

But this was the FULL address right down to the house number, not just an estate or road name. That is a new one on me. Yes it gets published in the local press but this is to in the region of a million people on national news.

Agree that the food in the West End is very good but we were there a few weeks ago and let's just say weren't particularly impressed with their compliance with COVID measures.

I presume you brought your concerns to the attention of the staff or did you leave if you were uncomfortable?

To add, I have no connection with the establishment.

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    I presume you brought your concerns to the attention of the staff or did you leave if you were uncomfortable?

To add, I have no connection with the establishment.

The owner was walking around partaking in it. Sure we all know what the place is like at the best of times. We discussed it with the young barman who was exasperated at having no support to get the patrons to act responsibly alright, I dunno if that's good enough for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That's rather presumptuous of you to be fair, not everyone who is uncomfortable in a situation feels comfortable voicing their concerns at that given time.

And even if they do they may not want to in case in would embarrass others in their company. I know in my own situation I have bit my lip on a number of occasions because it would have made those in my company a little uncomfortable.

I might mention my opinion afterwards if the opportunity arose and it was a topic of discussion but I don't get how some people think others can't be respected to have an unimpressed opinion unless they mentioned it to the staff or owners at the time.

I wouldn't be a complainer by nature but I would give my honest opinion if I was not impressed either to save someone else the experience or make a stand that I would rather spend my money elsewhere rather than support a business I honestly didn't think deserved it.

Sometimes the waiting staff can be absolutely lovely and it's not their fault if the food isn't up to standard, in cases like that I might still leave a tip and just vote with my feet and don't give repeat custom. I'd imagine it happens quite a lot.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The owner was walking around partaking in it. Sure we all know what the place is like at the best of times. We discussed it with the young barman who was exasperated at having no support to get the patrons to act responsibly alright, I dunno if that's good enough for you.

I have no idea what you are on about.
    The 2 nights we drove out and ate there, the staff and other diners could not have been more onside. If there was one fault I could point out 2 people crossed paths in and out of the bathrooms.
    I didn't see that as an issue tbh.
    Again, I've mentioned on here before that people need to be responsible for their own behaviour. You can't control the actions of others.
    If you felt uncomfortable why didn't you leave?

That's rather presumptuous of you to be fair, not everyone who is uncomfortable in a situation feels comfortable voicing their concerns at that given time.

And even if they do they may not want to in case in would embarrass others in their company. I know in my own situation I have bit my lip on a number of occasions because it would have made those in my company a little uncomfortable.

I might mention my opinion afterwards if the opportunity arose and it was a topic of discussion but I don't get how some people think others can't be respected to have an unimpressed opinion unless they mentioned it to the staff or owners at the time.

I wouldn't be a complainer by nature but I would give my honest opinion if I was not impressed either to save someone else the experience or make a stand that I would rather spend my money elsewhere rather than support a business I honestly didn't think deserved it.

Sometimes the waiting staff can be absolutely lovely and it's not their fault if the food isn't up to standard, in cases like that I might still leave a tip and just vote with my feet and don't give repeat custom. I'd imagine it happens quite a lot.

See my reply to the other post.

That's what's wrong with society lately in my opinion.
    People won't take responsibility for their movements/actions.
    I walked into a premises in town last week and was gone within 10 minutes as it didn't feel right.
    I'd ordered food but advised the girl serving me I wasn't staying.

• Advertisement

See my reply to the other post.

That's what's wrong with society lately in my opinion.
    People won't take responsibility for their movements/actions.
    I walked into a premises in town last week and was gone within 10 minutes as it didn't feel right.
    I'd ordered food but advised the girl serving me I wasn't staying.

Why quote my post and tell me read your reply to a different post?
    If you walked into my premises and took the time to observe what was on offer and order something off the menu and then left after ten minutes you wouldn’t be getting a seat the next time.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Why quote my post and tell me read your reply to a different post?
    If you walked into my premises and took the time to observe what was on offer and order something off the menu and then left after ten minutes you wouldn’t be getting a seat the next time.

Because I'm not great with computers.

I won't be going back to the premises again.

Because I'm not great with computers.

I won't be going back to the premises again.

I’d imagine you wouldn’t be allowed on the premises again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Does anyone have recommendations for website designers in and around Tralee? Especially ones that are good at ecommerce sites.

The marketing crowd in Killorglin - I can recommend, sry not Tralee but v good

Ok lets just move on and keep it civil. MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Avalanche Web design in Ballyduff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

All the usual suspects are listed here

https://www.theirishroadtrip.com/best-restaurants-in-tralee/?fbclid=IwAR0cZYftvRUQ2BeCihvkBno8f78bTmY_y2p87JYtsLdX-VW6i1scbF8S0Ow

I tried Meet me at Phillies its in the Gala shop in Caherane Village, very impressed with the food, great burger, well worth a try folks

https://www.facebook.com/pg/meetmeatphillies/posts/?ref=page_internal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

our councillors have confirmed tonight that they have no regard for the people who put them on the gravy train and have upped the property tax for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

our councillors have confirmed tonight that they have no regard for the people who put them on the gravy train and have upped the property tax for next year.

List of who voted for and against on the radio kerry site . Nice. to know for when the next local elections are on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

List of who voted for and against on the radio kerry site . Nice. to know for when the next local elections are on .

Yup. Ffg and a few independents.

Advertisement