Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Does anyone have a mobile No for Tony o Hehir, the appliance repair guy from Ballyheigue?
    Can only find a Landline no, which seems to be no longer connected. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think they want to stick a Mezzanine floor in the unit, so that they can have two floors.

Looking at the planning docs on the KCC website, there seems to be an element of doubt as to whether or not JYSK is going to take on the unit, and it all depends on the Covid/Retail situation. The owners are still going ahead with the planning application though, and submitted further info to KCC that was acknowledged on 1st October. That's the last movement on the file, and KCC is going to let them know the decision soon.

I suppose we'll find out what JYSK intends to do when the decision is made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Does anyone have a mobile No for Tony o Hehir, the appliance repair guy from Ballyheigue?
    Can only find a Landline no, which seems to be no longer connected. TIA.

Pm sent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's a new coffee shop just opened next to Hussey's shop on Princes st. Its more of a coffee dock rather than a coffee shop as they won't have seating (its a very small unit). They have called it Park Gate Coffee (seeing as its right next to the park gates! ;)
    Good location for those going for a stroll and there are a lot of offices in the area so best of luck to them! Not the ideal time to open, but hope they do well.

https://www.facebook.com/parkgatecoffee/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There's a new coffee shop just opened next to Hussey's shop on Princes st. Its more of a coffee dock rather than a coffee shop as they won't have seating (its a very small unit). They have called it Park Gate Coffee (seeing as its right next to the park gates! ;)
    Good location for those going for a stroll and there are a lot of offices in the area so best of luck to them! Not the ideal time to open, but hope they do well.

https://www.facebook.com/parkgatecoffee/

Just passed by it yesterday - it looks lovely, brilliant to see something like that opening there. Hope it does well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Dunnes are totally rearranging the drapery section. they have a lot of the clothing blocked off and are bringing forward food items (lots of tins of biscuits!). The Alcohol section has been moved all the way over to where the cleaning products were in NCR Dunnes. I don't think this is anything to do with current lockdown though and more to do with them having to have a separate section for alcohol for new alcohol separation law, which has to be done by all supermarkets and small convenience stores by November. They are basically moving it back to where the off-licence section used to be years ago.

I see that retail Ireland are calling for non-essential items to be banned from sale during lockdown. Clothing has apparently isn't allowed to be sold in supermarkets in Wales during their 2 week lockdown. I am not sure if that includes kids clothes as I would always need bits and pieces for my 4 year old as he's growing out of a lot and he's in preschool so needs new clothes regularly!

I think this preventing what are termed 'non-essential' items being sold is just bollix. Firstly most people can just go online and get what they want so its going to end up with Amazon as the winnner with the likes of toys which sparked this whole thing in the first place. And secondly any item could be a persons 'essential' item on any given day for a myriad of reasons. I bet sun screen is still on display despite the weather and next to no travel.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    I think this preventing what are termed 'non-essential' items being sold is just bollix. Firstly most people can just go online and get what they want so its going to end up with Amazon as the winnner with the likes of toys which sparked this whole thing in the first place. And secondly any item could be a persons 'essential' item on any given day for a myriad of reasons. I bet sun screen is still on display despite the weather and next to no travel.

Totally agree! I am really annoyed by it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I've ordered clothes last week from two Irish online shops, I now need to return one totally (their error) and one item to the other and there are no free returns for either. So it's definitely 4.95 for one as they have a deal with DPD, other is M&S and I could return to shop in Killarney if I could go there but I'll have to post it back, again no free returns and it's heavy enough! It's a bit of a pain, I am hoping the first will refund me as it's not my error but either way I'm out of pocket.

phormium wrote: »
    I've ordered clothes last week from two Irish online shops, I now need to return one totally (their error) and one item to the other and there are no free returns for either. So it's definitely 4.95 for one as they have a deal with DPD, other is M&S and I could return to shop in Killarney if I could go there but I'll have to post it back, again no free returns and it's heavy enough! It's a bit of a pain, I am hoping the first will refund me as it's not my error but either way I'm out of pocket.

If it was their error in the order then they should be paying for it to be returned!

I am used to ordering online etc, I usually don't mind it, but I hate returning stuff and waiting for refunds etc! Eventhough Dunnes can't sell clothes in store, you can click & collect...so you are going to the shop anyway to pick up clothes you've bought from them!

I order a lot online too, most of my clothes and practically all footwear, I try to stick with the ones who have free delivery and even more so free returns but was just out of luck with these items!

I think I paid for one with paypal which I always do if an option as at least I can claim back the return postage from them.

• Advertisement

The Christmas lights have started to go up in town! I'm not ready for that yet!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

The Christmas lights have started to go up in town! I'm not ready for that yet!!:rolleyes:

They will probably be taken down yet.
    Non essential...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gothmog

Anybody know who Bill Booley was that the lane is named after? Just curious.

Dunnes have opened up their kids clothing, all nightwear and underwear sections. They are also allowing hats and scarves to be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Gothmog wrote: »
    Anybody know who Bill Booley was that the lane is named after? Just curious.

https://imaginekerry.wordpress.com/2016/03/11/rehabilitation-of-a-neglected-laneway-bill-booley-lane/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Who does the lights these days? The Doyles?

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Who does the lights these days? The Doyles?

The Christmas lights? Sean Murphy has had the contract for a few years now. He does the festival lights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Are they starting the road works on Russell street this week

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Forge83 wrote: »

I was expecting to find mention of the GAA, and was surprised to find none. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CinderKone

I get an alert for properties to rent in Tralee and today I got 11 of them - some record for just 1 day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

CinderKone wrote: »
    I get an alert for properties to rent in Tralee and today I got 11 of them - some record for just 1 day.

Lots of hospitality sector rentals I'd imagine as that sector is just gone through to well into next year at the very least.

CinderKone wrote: »

There would probably be rentals for what should be for students who aren't taking up places this year or not moving to Tralee due to being mostly online or also the short lets aren't being taken up due to no tourists. There is a lot more rental property around due to this at the moment.

The free Christmas parking will be all day this year from November 30th until January 4th. Usually it is only free from 1pm, but they are doing it all day which is great. Council carparks only.

http://traleetoday.ie/christmas-free-parking-period-to-be-all-day-this-year/?fbclid=IwAR3OfuZNajv6ISyXHgmngpUEqdd_Mq0GbLOEyBMaCr23uqe_x8PnIeZmN7k

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Don't be caught out there is a charge for on street parking.

Bailey43 wrote: »
    Don't be caught out there is a charge for on street parking.

Yes, it’s council car parks only.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Anyone know what was going on opposite aldi on john joe sheehy road last night. There were garda cars and detectives there for about an hour and it wasn't a checkpoint?

I see a house in Oakpark (between Spar & Gala) is being gutted at the moment. It was only sold recenlty and they have cut down all the trees around it and now gutting the house.

I remember going to art classes in that house when I was doing my leaving cert (millions of years ago!). I can't remember the man's name who taught us the classes, but he was a nice man. He was living there in the last few years, so not sure if he passed away or not.

Russell McMorran?

phormium wrote: »
    Russell McMorran?

Yes I think that was him! Mr. McMorran definitely rings a bell! We didn't have dedicated art classes in our school so we had to them privately. He taught us art history too for the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but if you like good coffee then new cafe 'Park Gate' now in Tralee, top notch

Advertisement