Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I see a house in Oakpark (between Spar & Gala) is being gutted at the moment. It was only sold recenlty and they have cut down all the trees around it and now gutting the house.

I remember going to art classes in that house when I was doing my leaving cert (millions of years ago!). I can't remember the man's name who taught us the classes, but he was a nice man. He was living there in the last few years, so not sure if he passed away or not.

Passed away earlier this year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Awh that's a shame. RIP

I used to see him around Oakpark on his bike. That house wasn't on the market too long, it sold very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Awh that's a shame. RIP

I used to see him around Oakpark on his bike. That house wasn't on the market too long, it sold very quick.

Sold very quickly. Bought by a builder who has cleared the site & is gutting the house.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Bit of work going on inside in the old Ryles building in castle st. Always though that was a better building for them rather than where they are now.

Any idea what’s going in there ??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

TigerTim wrote: »
    Sold very quickly. Bought by a builder who has cleared the site & is gutting the house.

T.

Yea, that’s what I was saying in my first post. There were a lot of trees around that house, it looks very bare now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-kerryman-south-kerry-edition/20191211/281840055549303

Also looks like they are building an extension, no PP applied for so must be keeping it under the limit.

Yea, that’s what I was saying in my first post. There were a lot of trees around that house, it looks very bare now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

That's a shame he was a lovely man.

It looks like something is going into the old chemist unit in Abbey court (where CH were during their renovations). Wonder what's going in there? That strip has so many empty units, it needs something!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Is the pharmacy in supervalu carpark new or had I just not noticed it before? Looks big enough.

The_Kitty wrote: »
    Is the pharmacy in supervalu carpark new or had I just not noticed it before? Looks big enough.

Where? I don't think there is any pharmacy in supervalu carpark in Tralee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Where? I don't think there is any pharmacy in supervalu carpark in Tralee?

Possibly confused with Kellihers paint shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Forge83 wrote: »
    Possibly confused with Kellihers paint shop?
    Omg maybe lol! Like when going in supervalu door I spotted a window to the left lit up and thought it was something new.

The_Kitty wrote: »
    Omg maybe lol! Like when going in supervalu door I spotted a window to the left lit up and thought it was something new.

oh yeah its Kellihers paint shop. They moved the paint department into a stand alone unit near the carpark. I think its there over a year at this stage.

That answers the question. Drove by tonight to see if there was a new pharmacy:D

T.

Here's a good one. Someone who walks their dog in my area does their civic duty & picks up their dog's business. Well done you'd say but then they drop the bag with the dog doo-doo at the entrance to our road. There are now 4 bags of sh!te there tonight. Must drop a bag everytime they pass by. Really annoying.

T.

Here's a good one. Someone who walks their dog in my area does their civic duty & picks up their dog's business. Well done you'd say but then they drop the bag with the dog doo-doo at the entrance to our road. There are now 4 bags of sh!te there tonight. Must drop a bag everytime they pass by. Really annoying.

T.

I don't know why some people bother having dogs!?

I personally never want a dog, have no interest etc, but I just don't get why some people who claim to love dogs get one, but then can't be bothered to clean up after them!? Its disgusting and even more ignorant when they dump the bags for someone else to clean up! I have seen people post up where the bags have been thrown into bushes etc. Its unreal!:mad:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I don't know why some people bother having dogs!?

I personally never want a dog, have no interest etc, but I just don't get why some people who claim to love dogs get one, but then can't be bothered to clean up after them!? Its disgusting and even more ignorant when they dump the bags for someone else to clean up! I have seen people post up where the bags have been thrown into bushes etc. Its unreal!:mad:
    A large proportion of dog owners judging by the amount of dog shît all over the place. The fact it can cause blindness in children doesn't seem to concern them one iota.

And then, cases like the previous poster's, where they pick it up, bag it and then leave the bags swinging from tree branches! I mean, what the holy joe is that all about..?!

amadain wrote: »
    RIP on 5th December 2019, brother of Clare, Chris & Noel.

Who are you referring to??

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Yes I think that was him! Mr. McMorran definitely rings a bell! We didn't have dedicated art classes in our school so we had to them privately. He taught us art history too for the exams.

RIP on 5th December 2019, brother of Clare, Chris & Noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Looking at the planning docs on the KCC website, there seems to be an element of doubt as to whether or not JYSK is going to take on the unit, and it all depends on the Covid/Retail situation. The owners are still going ahead with the planning application though, and submitted further info to KCC that was acknowledged on 1st October. That's the last movement on the file, and KCC is going to let them know the decision soon.

I suppose we'll find out what JYSK intends to do when the decision is made.

I just looked on the KCC planning search, and see that "conditional" permission was granted on 28th October, and it looks like the main condition is the owner handing over €21400 to KCC to cover local levies etc.

Roads & Transport 3980.40
    Community & Amenity 3723.60
    Tralee Levy 13696.00

KCC obviously does well out of these applications. I remember seeing one a few years ago re a quarry. The quarry owner had been digging away for years outside his planning remit, and KCC was threatening him with all kinds of legal crap. However, his retrospective planning application was agreed, and he had to pay his contribution of around €130000, which probably had a lot to do with KCC getting off his back.

Re Manor West, and Jysk taking on the new unit, I've heard nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

As I haven't been in Tralee in months due to travel restrictions, how is the Bridge Inn development coming along by the Garda station? Have a few floors been built? I think just the basement was finished when I was last home in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

It's rising above the hoarding around it, just noticed it few days ago, up to second floor at least maybe even further with the outer walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

adam88 wrote: »
    Bit of work going on inside in the old Ryles building in castle st. Always though that was a better building for them rather than where they are now.

Any idea what’s going in there ??

An existing business in the town centre is relocating there after Christmas

I noticed there's a new Kebab take-away after opening in Courthouse Lane (Mixer I think its called?). Its in where that Syphon cafe was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I noticed there's a new Kebab take-away after opening in Courthouse Lane (Mixer I think its called?). Its in where that Syphon cafe was last year.

Is it Mixor maybe? There is one of them in Killarney near the big tesco on the Park Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just to echo earlier posts the coffee in the Parkgate place is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Did you notice the pink car parking spots in town. I think they are there for elderly people. A great idea.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just to echo earlier posts the coffee in the Parkgate place is really good

Very nice coffee. Have been 3 times when having a walk in the park. always a queue! Very nice guys working there.

Must be getting old. I'm in Tralee all my life & never heard of the Syphon cafe.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Must be getting old. I'm in Tralee all my life & never heard of the Syphon cafe.

T.

They were only open about a year I think, and it wasn't a place you'd pass on your way to anything. Coffee was good though.

Advertisement