Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Safura the ladies knitwear/fashion shop will be opening a new store in Abbeycourt next month

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I see Boyle Bros have another planning application in for an access road from the Camp Roundabout to Manor.

Now that it's in the Kerry County Development Plan and the proposed units have received planning permission, I'd expect it's likely to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Quackster wrote: »
    I see Boyle Bros have another planning application in for an access road from the Camp Roundabout to Manor.

Now that it's in the Kerry County Development Plan and the proposed units have received planning permission, is expect it's likely to pass.

Will be great for traffic relief in the manor area when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Forge83 wrote: »
    Will be great for traffic relief in the manor area when it happens.

I can't understand why it was refused previously. It would've relieved a lot of Killarney and South Kerry traffic bound for Manor West from Killerisk, Ballymullen etc. No one would be using it as a rat run as Manor retail park is the last place you'd cut through for a short cut to somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

I'd say the year of roadworks about to get under way on Russel St influenced their decision.

JYSK are waiting on planning permission for the old Carpet Right unit in Manor AFAIK.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    The footpaths along there give me the horrors.
    At least after the upgrade, there won't be any kerbs any more.
    ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm still dubious about the safety aspect of shared space for cars and pedestrians. I wouldn't fancy walking through the narrowest part of Russell St with a twins stroller or wheelchair with cars coming from behind sharing the same flat un-segregated surface as me. Are pedestrians allowed to walk in the centre of the shared space or are they expected to keep to the edges where the footpaths no longer exist? Are cars expected to yield to pedestrians along the street? Will speed limits be introduced?
    Quaderno wrote: »
    You got it intuitively right. It scares people and that's the whole point. You don't feel safe in the shared space (neither do drivers) and that makes you behave accordingly. It is actually very safe because people move a lot more carefully than they otherwise would, it really works.

Looks good in the photos here
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/malachy-walsh-%26-partners_tralee-upgradeworks-publicrealm-activity-6730454961521520640-GCMd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's a new business opening up opposite the multi-storey carpark in Market st (behind CH) on Thursday. Its an Italian gourmet food, Convivium. Not a great location, but hope they do well.

https://www.facebook.com/Conviviumitaliangourmet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There's a new business opening up opposite the multi-storey carpark in Market st (behind CH) on Thursday. Its an Italian gourmet food, Convivium. Not a great location, but hope they do well.

https://www.facebook.com/Conviviumitaliangourmet

That's good to see, I think he's the guy behind once upon a cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any idea when the Christmas lights will be going on?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any idea when the Christmas lights will be going on?

I think its around the 28th November

There will be a documentary on YouTube tonight (from about 8pm I think) about Tralee woman, Louise Quill, who runs Tir na Nog orphanage in Tanzania. She's an amazing lady. It will be worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There will be a documentary on YouTube tonight (from about 8pm I think) about Tralee woman, Louise Quill, who runs Tir na Nog orphanage in Tanzania. She's an amazing lady. It will be worth a watch.

Seen it advertised last week. I presume you don't actually have to tune in at 8pm if its inconvenient. I presume it will be online for a while?

kn wrote: »
    Seen it advertised last week. I presume you don't actually have to tune in at 8pm if its inconvenient. I presume it will be online for a while?

Yeah you can watch whenever you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IYoOKNVoyw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yeah you can watch whenever you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IYoOKNVoyw

Watched it. It was OK. Didn't know that Pat Costello was stuck in it.

I only managed to watch half of it as I was trying to get my child to bed. I didn't realise she was still teaching in Kerry. I thought she lived out there most of the time. Such an inspiration for what she does.

The Christmas lights are being switched on tomorrow, not next week as I had assumed!

*edited to add that its tomorrow evening at 7pm, but they are doing an online launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Is the Tyre stop place out by the mart still in business? Calls to its local number don't go through this morning, tried 2 different phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Does anybody know if they will be selling Christmas trees next to Nolans on the North Circular Road this year?

BPKS wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they will be selling Christmas trees next to Nolans on the North Circular Road this year?

Yes they will be. Belfield is the company. https://www.facebook.com/BelfieldChristmasTrees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

The signs and the marquee thing are going up there for the trees at the moment so must be coming very soon!

New ladies fashion store called Safura opening in Abbey Court and are hiring staff. I wonder is it the old Swamp unit they're taking?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

New ladies fashion store called Safura opening in Abbey Court and are hiring staff. I wonder is it the old Swamp unit they're taking?
    It seems to be an Irish chain based in Arklow. Is it new? A resurrection of Swamp?

I don't think its the old Swamp unit, I think they are going into the old chemist unit. the one O'Neills were in and CH for a short time. I've never heard of them though. Could be a resurrection of Swamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

I don't think its the old Swamp unit, I think they are going into the old chemist unit. the one O'Neills were in and CH for a short time. I've never heard of them though. Could be a resurrection of Swamp!

They're based in arklow I believe...have a few stores in the country... think Vero Moda with knitwear :D

They're based in arklow I believe...have a few stores in the country... think Vero Moda with knitwear :D

Between them, Vero Moda & DV8, they will basically be selling the same women's brands in the one street!:rolleyes:

good to see a new business opening though, hope they do well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Does anyone know if the audio service, in the prefab building, in the Bon Secours is open.
    They do wax removal procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Does anyone know if the audio service, in the prefab building, in the Bon Secours is open.
    They do wax removal procedures.

Audiology, as far as I know yes, they have Facebook and Instagram accounts, think I saw a black friday ad up for them

g1983d wrote: »
    Audiology, as far as I know yes, they have Facebook and Instagram accounts, think I saw a black friday ad up for them

Black Friday discounts for ear wax removal?? I've heard it all now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've heard it all now!!

You won't be needing that discount, so!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Boom :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Take the rest of the day off, you earned it.

Advertisement