Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You won't be needing that discount, so!

I deserved that!! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Anyone know what's going on with all the emergency services sirens this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Didn't hear a thing, what part of town?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

phormium wrote: »
    Didn't hear a thing, what part of town?

Just heard on radio kerry a building collapse in ashe street 5 injured 1 seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bailey43 wrote: »
    Just heard on radio kerry a building collapse in ashe street 5 injured 1 seriously

Oh God!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Bailey43 wrote: »

Just saw that on Radio Kerry’s Facebook page. That building has been sat derelict for a while now and not looking very secure. It’s the ream building just a couple of doors up from Dr Buckley’s. Hope everyone will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »

Thats awful news. So sad to hear. RIP to the person and condolences to their family.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

R.I.P.
    Dreadful news.

Apparently TK Maxx will be open until 11pm for the next few weeks (when they reopen on Tuesday). I assume many shops will take advantage of later opening hours until Christmas to make up for being closed for 6 weeks. I know Penneys wanted 24 hour opening, but I can't see that happening. They may do 11pm close too, but nothing as been confirmed yet.
    I wouldn't mind shopping late at night, would be nice and quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I heard on the radio that Penney's shops in towns will close at 9 or 10. I think the only 24 hour ones will be in Dublin for only a night or two at the most

bobdcow wrote: »
    I heard on the radio that Penney's shops in towns will close at 9 or 10. I think the only 24 hour ones will be in Dublin for only a night or two at the most

The Tralee Penneys store is reopening at 7am on Tuesday until 9pm.
    128194852_10158805308824395_2789771202218726839_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=jPF0FJwo-JgAX811-BF&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=6&oh=71c0ed51073c0b2fb504b8b999795c3c&oe=5FE80D4D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Too much work involved in filling it out. Looks like the chamber wants others to do their work for them!

Too much work involved in filling it out. Looks like the chamber wants others to do their work for them!

Its a really bad survey. Far too many questions! I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

SIMPLE, took me less than 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Does any posters know if chestnuts ( the edible kind, not conkers) are to be bought in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Its a really bad survey. Far too many questions! I gave up.

I gave up when it asked 'what gender do you associate with'? WTF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Does any posters know if chestnuts ( the edible kind, not conkers) are to be bought in Tralee?

They are listed on Tesco.ie but I'm not registered so can't check if they have them in Tralee shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Mercury in monavalley.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

phormium wrote: »
    They are listed on Tesco.ie but I'm not registered so can't check if they have them in Tralee shop
    Yep, they show up when I'm logged in.

Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts 180g @ €2.89.

But that didn't necessarily mean they're in stock in Tralee as online deliveries for Kerry come from Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Nothing new there so

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Quackster wrote: »

But that didn't necessarily mean they're in stock in Tralee as online deliveries for Kerry come from Killarney.

Really! Since when do deliveries for Tralee come from Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teroknor83

g1983d wrote: »
    Really! Since when do deliveries for Tralee come from Killarney

Since a long long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

teroknor83 wrote: »
    Since a long long time ago.

Strange one

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

g1983d wrote: »
    Strange one
    Not really. The entire county can be serviced from the one store and Park Road, Killarney, being the biggest store in the county, is the obvious choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Any idea if shops in town will open early on Sundays up til Xmas (i.e. 9am or 10am) or will it be the usual 12 midday until whatever that they open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

BPKS wrote: »
    Any idea if shops in town will open early on Sundays up til Xmas (i.e. 9am or 10am) or will it be the usual 12 midday until whatever that they open

Different shops will do different things, best look on a particular stores website for information

The council have put up a gorgeous huge Christmas tree just near the Pikeman in Denny Street. It really is lovely. The Christmas lights are looking even nicer than ever, especially in Denny street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

The council have put up a gorgeous huge Christmas tree just near the Pikeman in Denny Street. It really is lovely. The Christmas lights are looking even nicer than ever, especially in Denny street.

Was just going to post that, that Christmas tree is fantastic. The town looks really well.

T.

Advertisement