Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Connavar wrote: »
    Probably depends as much on if the store lease as the union dispute.
    If the lease is now null the union dispute shouldnt effect it
    The former staff are blockading access to the unit and preventing the liquidator from removing stock. Inside it's frozen in time as it was the moment it closed back in March.

The landlord cannot secure vacant possession until the dispute is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Heard that "The Range" homeware and hardware are waiting for former DEBENHAMS Store

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/JYSK/743999727961123-store-manager-jysk-new-store-opening-tralee

Jysk confirmed as opening in Manor West and now looking for staff! I'm guessing the old Carpetright store?

Good news! Look forward to when the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Forge83 wrote: »
    Is that Carpetright store big enough for a Jysk? I’ve never been in a Jysk but one would assume a furniture store would need a large space. That carpetright store isn’t that big in reality.

I think I read previously in this forum that a mezzanine floor had been granted permission by the council for the Carpetright unit which would almost double the floor space. Then again the Mothercare unit is now also vacant. Who knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think I read previously in this forum that a mezzanine floor had been granted permission by the council for the Carpetright unit which would almost double the floor space. Then again the Mothercare unit is now also vacant. Who knows....

I assumed that it was going to be a complete floor, but on looking at the planning docs on Kerrycoco, it seems to only be a small section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Manor does need someone to take over the Debenhams unit, was up there the other evening in Tesco and just walking in the place seemed a bit lifeless without Debenhams

Manor does need someone to take over the Debenhams unit, was up there the other evening in Tesco and just walking in the place seemed a bit lifeless without Debenhams

Someone should allow all the Debenhams Demonstrators to operate the unit until all the remaining stock has been sold off at bargain prices, and all the monies received put into the redundancy pot to be shared out. :D

Of course, that wouldn't work if someone has already snuck in and removed everything when no one was looking. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Someone should allow all the Debenhams Demonstrators to operate the unit until all the remaining stock has been sold off at bargain prices, and all the monies received put into the redundancy pot to be shared out. :D

Of course, that wouldn't work if someone has already snuck in and removed everything when no one was looking. :eek:

Or the stock belonged to someone else and they were arrested for theft and trespass.

Or the stock belonged to someone else and they were arrested for theft and trespass.

I said "Someone should allow", not that they should allow themselves :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

What's the craic with that Kerry Water one?heard her on with Pat Kenny last week and she sounded cracked, now I saw where she was in the Kerry's Eye, surprised people are giving her a platform. Said she doesn't care about money and then selling her book for 24 euros not that I'd be buying it but Id say plenty of fools will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

All the online tickets for the "win a house in Killarney" draw that they are doing in Ardfert have sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

What's the craic with that Kerry Water one?heard her on with Pat Kenny last week and she sounded cracked, now I saw where she was in the Kerry's Eye, surprised people are giving her a platform. Said she doesn't care about money and then selling her book for 24 euros not that I'd be buying it but Id say plenty of fools will.

She said she turned down 34 million for the purchase of part of her land. What bull****!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I heard there's another new shop after opening in Abbey court, in where Parrafin was. I think its some sort of tech/gadget shop. Has anyone been in there? any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I heard there's another new shop after opening in Abbey court, in where Parrafin was. I think its some sort of tech/gadget shop. Has anyone been in there? any good?

Glitzy, flashy and full of second hand phones etc..a few gadgets too... it'll do well this week at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Is "The Bullring" an insulting name for that part of town, or used by the inhabitants?

And where exactly is it - is it Mitchell's Road (between the post office and the stadium) or incorporating the estates off that road?

meriwether wrote: »
    Is "The Bullring" an insulting name for that part of town, or used by the inhabitants?

And where exactly is it - is it Mitchell's Road (between the post office and the stadium) or incorporating the estates off that road?

It used to refer to Mitchels crescent ...the street was knocked and new houses rebuilt in the general area....houses are probably the most energy efficient in town and the quite desirable

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Glitzy, flashy and full of second hand phones etc..a few gadgets too... it'll do well this week at least

Hope it works out well for them and always good to see vacant units being occupied but I can't help but think most new shops are just replicating other shops in the town which doesn't lend itself to much variety.

There's a similar shop after opening in the old Pandora unit near quinlans and that's in addition to the one in russel Street, Dominic Street, the other one near quinlans and the one near St John's Church.

Same situation for other shop types and coffee shops around the town, would be nice to get some variety of shop types, that being said I don't know what would work, if I did id open one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

It used to refer to Mitchels crescent ...the street was knocked and new houses rebuilt in the general area....houses are probably the most energy efficient in town and the quite desirable

Which is Mitchell's crescent?

meriwether wrote: »
    Which is Mitchell's crescent?

It was a street that was demolished approx 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It was a street that was demolished approx 10 years ago

I've only moved to tralee in the last few years and I always knew that area as the bullring.
    I've a 30 year history with the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Funny, I don't hear people making reference as much to the area as the Bull Ring anymore. It was more common when I was a child and probably did have negative connotations as the area back then was considered more deprived and prone to trouble. I'm pretty sure that as the residents matured there, it has become less so and in fact is quite safe, particularly since the rejuvenation. There are certainly more dodgy places to walk through in Tralee today than the Mitchel's area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

It is amazing when estates have big numbers of young families together in the confines of a small area ,any bit of trouble gives the place a bad name .I remember told back 25 years ago that marion park was the tough part of tralee now it is far from it

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

You are not wrong there.
    She expects people to believe she was offered millions for a bit of land but refused as she is not motivated by money.... Yet the book is not cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

A few burglaries in the Oakpark area last night. Gardai all over the place this morn.

T.

Santa just doing a test run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

g1983d wrote: »
    Hope it works out well for them and always good to see vacant units being occupied but I can't help but think most new shops are just replicating other shops in the town which doesn't lend itself to much variety.

There's a similar shop after opening in the old Pandora unit near quinlans and that's in addition to the one in russel Street, Dominic Street, the other one near quinlans and the one near St John's Church.

Same situation for other shop types and coffee shops around the town, would be nice to get some variety of shop types, that being said I don't know what would work, if I did id open one :-)

Problem is there' little to no support for that sort of business. The likes of the LEO and Enterprise Ireland are only interested in the flavor of the month tec businesses etc Depite many of them never actually going anywhere after getting endless amount of funding etc

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Prices are ok in there. I picked up a ring light thing for making videos as a gift for someone, looks more sturdy than the amazon one I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 T121DKY

Anyone know where the bells are coming from
    Can hear them from spa rd,caherslee
    Sounds like down town

T121DKY wrote: »
    Anyone know where the bells are coming from
    Can hear them from spa rd,caherslee
    Sounds like down town

St Johns church has a new musical alarm

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas to you all! Hope everyone had a nice day, despite the way things are. Wasn't much different for me, just the norm really with the same family dramas! lol

Advertisement