Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas to you all! Hope everyone had a nice day, despite the way things are. Wasn't much different for me, just the norm really with the same family dramas! lol
    Thx to admin for taking time out of xmas day to address the group :? ,💗

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Happy Christmas to you all! Hope everyone had a nice day, despite the way things are. Wasn't much different for me, just the norm really with the same family dramas! lol

you are among the many

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Is there any where around tralee or the surrounding areas that hire out aerator's.

Really need to get the lawn done come spring and don't fancy paying over 2k to buy one when it will only be used once or twice every few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

As far as I know Gerard mcCarthy in Abbeydorney side would have all that gear

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lovely tribute and turn out to say farewell to Danny Leane Sr yesterday. RIP

https://www.facebook.com/100005788322669/videos/1602834216586174/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Lovely tribute and turn out to say farewell to Danny Leane Sr yesterday. RIP

https://www.facebook.com/100005788322669/videos/1602834216586174/

No idea who he was but looking at the crowds gathered, I'm just waiting on a C19 spike in Tralee.

Reminded me of the Bob storey affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

No idea who he was but looking at the crowds gathered, I'm just waiting on a C19 spike in Tralee.

Absolute madness for people to do that. Most of them with no masks on and certainly no social distancing!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

He used to own the Abbey Inn. Very well known in the town, hence the turnout for him. I did think there were a few too many people gathered with not much social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Is Tralee busy today/yesterday? I’m thinking about going to Tesco in manor the house here is getting bare food wise! If it’s crazy busy I’ll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Absolute madness for people to do that. Most of them with no masks on and certainly no social distancing!!

I was parked in the church car park yesterday afternoon, a lot of mourners were meeting there, no masks and a few were greeting each other with hugs.

• Advertisement

E mac wrote: »
    Is Tralee busy today/yesterday? I’m thinking about going to Tesco in manor the house here is getting bare food wise! If it’s crazy busy I’ll give it a miss.

I haven't been in Manor, so don't know how busy it is. I was in Dunnes NCR on Sunday and it wasn't too busy. I don't think it will be as manic as last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

One would have to ask what on earth the Gardai were at allowing that around the corner from them. The hearse stopping outside the Abbey for a Mark Leen tribute blocking up traffic everywhere and drawing people closer together to hear it. Zero social distancing and very few wearing masks.
    I sympathise that a popular Tralee figure has died and people wanted to show their respect for everything he did for the town. However it doesn’t excuse or allow those scenes in the current climate. As another poster said, just like the Listowel races did in Listowel, a big spike in Tralee cases over the coming weeks. Idiots!

Forge83 wrote: »
    One would have to ask what on earth the Gardai were at allowing that around the corner from them. The hearse stopping outside the Abbey for a Mark Leen tribute blocking up traffic everywhere and drawing people closer together to hear it. Zero social distancing and very few wearing masks.
    I sympathise that a popular Tralee figure has died and people wanted to show their respect for everything he did for the town. However it doesn’t excuse or allow those scenes in the current climate. As another poster said, just like the Listowel races did in Listowel, a big spike in Tralee cases over the coming weeks. Idiots!

I agree, as much as I sympathise with the family and a well known business man, I did think after I post it that it was actually a bit of a ridiculous thing for the Gardai to allow. The more I think about it the more I can't really believe it. Why were that many people allowed to stand in such close proximity to each other with so few wearing masks. It just shows the stupidity of so many!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Are we all looking at the same clip? I see loads of masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Any word on what’s going into Manor instead of Debenhams?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Icsics wrote: »

Several rumours .What ive heard is "The Range"homestore /hardware store

phormium wrote: »
    Are we all looking at the same clip? I see loads of masks.

There are people wearing masks, just not as many as there should be and people standing very very close to each other down by the Abbey. Obviously people in their own groups will be together, but most people are literally stuck to each other. Obviously its a nice tribute etc, but you would question how the Gardai allowed so many!

Icsics wrote: »

There was a discussion about it about a week ago further back in the thread. Nothing has been decided etc. Lots of rumours. There is confirmation that JYSK are opening next to Currys PC World in the new year and have been advertising for staff.
    I don't think we will see anyone occupying Debenhams for quite a while as there is still stock in there which isn't going to be moved until the ex-staff stop their protest and get their redundancy package. Nothing can go in until then.

He used to own the Abbey Inn. Very well known in the town, hence the turnout for him. I did think there were a few too many people gathered with not much social distancing.

And yet you said it was 'a lovely tribute and turnout'. You need to make up your mind which it was! And not Garda in sight

And yet you said it was 'a lovely tribute and turnout'. You need to make up your mind which it was! And not Garda in sight

It was still a nice tribute for a well known man! I'm entitled to say that! And there are Garda cars there, which implies there are Gardai there!

• Advertisement

It was still a nice tribute for a well known man! I'm entitled to say that! And there are Garda cars there, which implies there are Gardai there!

You being entitled to say it doesn't make it right and that's what's required these days.
    It was an affront to every person who has stuck by the rules.

You being entitled to say it doesn't make it right and that's what's required these days.
    It was an affront to every person who has stuck by the rules.

I never said it was right! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Who knew the Chinese Communist Party had such influence in our town - apparently they're funding Sinn Féin (together with George Soros), own Manor West, and are organising the Great Replacement, according to a "journalist" who visited recently /s/!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Who knew the Chinese Communist Party had such influence in our town - apparently they're funding Sinn Féin (together with George Soros), own Manor West, and are organising the Great Replacement, according to a "journalist" who visited recently /s/!
    Don't forget they're also funding the installation of Huawei 5G to control us via the microchips Bill & Melinda are going to inject into all of us with the 'vaccines'! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Will there be anything in town for New Years like fireworks etc. or is it all cancelled ?

The_Kitty wrote: »
    Will there be anything in town for New Years like fireworks etc. or is it all cancelled ?

Very much doubt it. Nothing advertised. They don't want people gathering anywhere.

New restrictions in place. No going outside of 5km. No visitors to your homes. No school till 11 January All non essential business to close tomorrow at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

Hey,

Anyone know where I can get good quality topsoil (large amount) in and around the Tralee area?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Hey,

Anyone know where I can get good quality topsoil (large amount) in and around the Tralee area?

https://www.paxad.ie/topsoilkerry
    They will deliver if large amount. Cheapest in Kerry and screened too.

Green and Growing in Ardfert do unscreened in large amounts.

• Advertisement

Forge83 wrote: »
    https://www.paxad.ie/topsoilkerry
    They will deliver if large amount. Cheapest in Kerry and screened too.

Green and Growing in Ardfert do unscreened in large amounts.

I was talking to Tom recently. Its just over 500 for an 18T load.
    Not sure if he'll do smaller.

Advertisement