Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

I saw that when driving up that lane to drop a parcel into Nightline depot. Definitely not nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

A ‘vacant’ town ‘keeps the good side out’ in Kerry

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/a-vacant-town-keeps-the-good-side-out-in-kerry-40006343.html

Article in today's Irish Independent on the struggles Tralee faces with COVID and job losses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tralee is 17th place out of 37 towns and retained its ‘Clean To European Norms’ status in the Irish Business Against Litter’s latest survey released. Same old story with littering in that land across from Austin Stacks Park. Seems like the council don't take any responsibility for it.

http://traleetoday.ie/heres-what-the-an-taisce-judges-said-about-tralee-in-ibal-report/?fbclid=IwAR20xcqDkp9N7LNgF5RHZM96pgrswR3VzTlvMn218VbPNtg4_9pE9T4QJC4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I wish more people in Tralee would understand the concept of picking up their dog shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Adiboo wrote: »
    I wish more people in Tralee would understand the concept of picking up their dog shit.

You think it's bad here. Try living in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Someone who walks their dog in my area picks it up of & then throws the bags of dog sh!t at the entrance to our road. Mad.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Oakpark is rotten for it, especially in by the Complex and the walking field by Ard Na Li.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Oakpark is rotten for it, especially in by the Complex and the walking field by Ard Na Li.

I used to find Racecourse road awful too when I would be out walking with the pram. Constantly trying to avoid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I used to find Racecourse road awful too when I would be out walking with the pram. Constantly trying to avoid it!

Try walking around Dingle, even during tourist season. There are a a couple of 'dog loos' set up, but it doesn't help when there are loose dogs about, and owners that can't be arsed to take their dog to one or pick up after it when it does its business.

Dingle strives to be a "Tidy Town." We locals joke about it being a "Poopy Town."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I think Elverys is gone...all stock was taken out and all fixtures and fittings removed today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

urgent... anyone know where I could obtain a mobile phone battery for a samsung ....it is for someone who lives alone... doesnt drive.. hopefully I can organise payment and collection... it is their only means of communication at moment.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

speckle wrote: »
    urgent... anyone know where I could obtain a mobile phone battery for a samsung ....it is for someone who lives alone... doesnt drive.. hopefully I can organise payment and collection... it is their only means of communication at moment.
    thanks

What model?

What model?

samsung galaxy j36... double checking
    sm j320fn

thanks

The phone shops and phone repair shops are open for repairs etc.

samsung galaxy j36... double checking
    sm j320fn

I'd use laptopbatteries.ie
    If it's in stock, order tomorrow and you'll have it Thursday
    Other than that you're looking to see if Fonefix, The Tech Company, Phone Depot etc in town have a battery...

The phone shops and phone repair shops are open for repairs etc.

anyone have a list.. major shops voda.air 3 no luck... any secondhand or repair ones list? The place they got it last time near quinlans fish/chips and rock street one gone?

I'd use laptopbatteries.ie
    If it's in stock, order tomorrow and you'll have it Thursday
    Other than that you're looking to see if Fonefix, The Tech Company, Phone Depot etc in town have a battery...

thanks very much will check them all out.

anyone have a list.. major shops voda.air 3 no luck... any secondhand or repair ones list? The place they got it last time near quinlans fish/chips and rock street one gone?

The one near Quinlans seems to be gone but another one opened right next to it (not sure if same guys?). Tech Co in the square, there's one up Castle St opposite St. Johns church too.

thanks all... managed to find one in fonedeals castle st?... have someone to collect it and bring to their house in tralee. Now to organise a pick up from there.... your all making a non driving high risker and their family who lives far away very happy. thanks again

thanks all... managed to find one in fonedeals castle st?... have someone to collect it and bring to their house in tralee. Now to organise a pick up from there.... your all making a non driving high risker and their family who lives far away very happy. thanks again

fonedeals seems to be getting very good feedback from anyone I know who have used them. Glad to hear you got sorted.

• Advertisement

fonedeals seems to be getting very good feedback from anyone I know who have used them. Glad to hear you got sorted.

thanks it was fonefealz I got through to not fone fix.. edited above post...so thankyou for your suggestion... very hard to organise stuff like this without boots and eyes on the ground. A time record breaking solution found :)

thanks it was fonefealz I got through to not fone fix.. edited above post...so thankyou for your suggestion... very hard to organise stuff like this without boots and eyes on the ground. A time record breaking solution found :)

I meant fonedealz..can never remember the bloody name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The case of 5ge the kid who abused Ian Wright was in today's indo.

Seems he chose wright's as the player in a fifa online game and lost. He was so upset he abused Wright.

Sad case

The case of 5ge the kid who abused Ian Wright was in today's indo.

Seems he chose wright's as the player in a fifa online game and lost. He was so upset he abused Wright.

Sad case

He's being sentenced today in court.

He's being sentenced today in court.

The judge has postponed sentencing for a week as he was given the probation report in court

The video of that wedding in Tralee yesterday is disgraceful!

Were never going to get out of lockdown with people like this!

Where were the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Some horses & carriage & a few Hummers around for a wedding today too.

T.

TigerTim wrote: »
    Some horses & carriage & a few Hummers around for a wedding today too.

T.

Camera crew following them around aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Where were the guards?

Where’s the video posted?
    Horses and carriages and hummers, it’s their culture......so supersedes law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Where were the guards?[/QUOTE]

Probably too busy doing another dance video on the roof of the station :rolleyes:

Advertisement