Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The road works on Russell street are starting Tuesday, 2nd February. Phase 1 will take 3 months and road closures will obviously be in place.

Info was up on the Chamber Alliance page, but nothing is up on Kerry County Councils page!?

https://www.facebook.com/tralee.ie/posts/3659291224184266

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

On the old Caballs Toy Shop window opposite Little Benners, there is plan of works for that area. It looks nice and hopefully it will give a lift to that area when it is completed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bobdcow wrote: »
    On the old Caballs Toy Shop window opposite Little Benners, there is plan of works for that area. It looks nice and hopefully it will give a lift to that area when it is completed.

Considering how many vacant units there are in that area now, I really hope these improvements help to attract some new businesses there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The video of that wedding in Tralee yesterday is disgraceful!

Were never going to get out of lockdown with people like this!

Where were the guards?

Culture boss! you know when you play a certain card you are exempt from certain rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

theguzman wrote: »
    Culture boss! you know when you play a certain card you are exempt from certain rules.

By certain i'm sure you mean all the rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Where did they and the guests stay that night?

Who were the barbers?

Who were the hair dressers?

Who were the camera crew?

I'm presuming the Hummers and horses and cart were from Dublin, how did they get past the 5km rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

You can travel for weddings if you are a supplier, it's work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Forge83 wrote: »
    Where’s the video posted?
    Horses and carriages and hummers, it’s their culture......so supersedes law.
    theguzman wrote: »

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the reported wedding, these sort of remarks still constitute bigotry and prejudice. An more like that and bans will be handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Considering how many vacant units there are in that area now, I really hope these improvements help to attract some new businesses there

I was looking on the KCC website, and the only thing that someone is "planning" on that stretch seems to be the installation of an ATM machine in an empty unity across the road from the empty Dunnes. I don't know what's going in the rest of the vacant building. Perhaps it's going to be a JCB hire office if anyone wants to drive off with the ATM after it's fitted? :p

• Advertisement

Great video by the Gardai doing the 'Jerusalema Challenge'
    Loved it, especially the Irish dancing thrown in and the horses dancing!

Great to see the Tralee Gardai featured so much around the Tralee area! Well done to all

https://fb.watch/3p9IvcRaEZ/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Great video by the Gardai doing the 'Jerusalema Challenge'
    Loved it, especially the Irish dancing thrown in and the horses dancing!

Great to see the Tralee Gardai featured so much around the Tralee area! Well done to all

https://fb.watch/3p9IvcRaEZ/

At least it keeps them off the streets :)

I was driving out past Manor and I noticed behind Wurth, which is next to the Volvo garage, McGurks golf has taken a large unit. I'm almost sure they built a new unit there in the last few years. It's nice to see a business move in there, hopefully he will do well/better. Am I right in saying he is currently, or was if he has moved, next to the Bookshelf cafe in Manor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

bobdcow wrote: »
    I was driving out past Manor and I noticed behind Wurth, which is next to the Volvo garage, McGurks golf has taken a large unit. I'm almost sure they built a new unit there in the last few years. It's nice to see a business move in there, hopefully he will do well/better. Am I right in saying he is currently, or was if he has moved, next to the Bookshelf cafe in Manor?

That unit is owned by Tralee Furniture. It wa them who built it a few years ago. They also own the one where Wurth and the Tile shop are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

The teenager that was convicted of the Ian Wright online abuse has been given the benefit of the probation act.

The teenager that was convicted of the Ian Wright online abuse has been given the benefit of the probation act.

Unlikely to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wolverine21

I work in tralee but moved here from asia few years ago. I would like to know what are the long term prospects of living in tralee are like. In terms of professional opportunities I don't see anything for me in tralee but i like the slow pace of life and the general ambience of the place. Most people these days don't stick to the same job for more that 2-3 years and this is absolutely necessary if you want to increase your salary. Tralee does not offer me this comfort. I am thinking of buying a house and putting down roots but would I be better of doing this in one of the bigger cities like Cork or limerick or would tralee or any other town in kerry be better? In the short time here I have made a lot of friends and the general community around here are really honest down to earth folks. Kerry and tralee are generally welcoming to immigrants. But do you choose professional growth or a boring but peaceful country life sticking to the same employer for years

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I work in tralee but moved here from asia few years ago. I would like to know what are the long term prospects of living in tralee are like. In terms of professional opportunities I don't see anything for me in tralee but i like the slow pace of life and the general ambience of the place. Most people these days don't stick to the same job for more that 2-3 years and this is absolutely necessary if you want to increase your salary. Tralee does not offer me this comfort. I am thinking of buying a house and putting down roots but would I be better of doing this in one of the bigger cities like Cork or limerick or would tralee or any other town in kerry be better? In the short time here I have made a lot of friends and the general community around here are really honest down to earth folks. Kerry and tralee are generally welcoming to immigrants. But do you choose professional growth or a boring but peaceful country life sticking to the same employer for years

Depends on what industry you work in

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I'd recommend Cork over Tralee for a new immigrant coming here. Would your company transfer you there? If you like living in Kerry and want diversity. Killarney is basically a multicultural mix of people from all parts of the world, and in the tourist season it is multi-national. In addition, you have one of the most beautiful scenic areas in the world.

Killarney is dead,
    All they want there is the yankee dollar...
    and since they haven't had that last year....or this year,
    it's nothing but a ghost town with a street drinking problem.. best avoided as scenery won't put food on the table

• Advertisement

Unlikely to do it again.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Killarney is dead,
    it's nothing but a ghost town with a street drinking problem.. best avoided as scenery won't put food on the table

All of that is so wrong.

All of that is so wrong.

I wouldn't bet on it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

AFAIK there are about 25% more immigrants living in Tralee than in Killarney (~3200 vs ~4000). Granted Tralee is much bigger than Killarney, but I wouldn't overegg the Killarney multiculturalism vs Tralee monoculture thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I'd recommend Cork over Tralee for a new immigrant coming here. Would your company transfer you there? If you like living in Kerry and want diversity. Killarney is basically a multicultural mix of people from all parts of the world, and in the tourist season it is multi-national. In addition, you have one of the most beautiful scenic areas in the world.

Easy visit killarney from Tralee if you want to see the scenery

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

KASI http://www.kasi.ie/ are opening a new Centre/Coffee Shop/Food Market in Killarney, Town Centre location, Mutli Cultural staff

There is plenty on diversity in the Town, its when the local A**holes go looking for votes that its questioned

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Killarney is dead,

Chip on Shoulder !!
    Much Much more to Killarney than the dollar......

Scenery does put food on the Table ;)

newman10 wrote: »
    Chip on Shoulder !!
    Much Much more to Killarney than the dollar......

Scenery does put food on the Table ;)

No chip, just speaking my truth, nothing there at the moment for anyone I'm afraid, but you're entitled to your opinion

Could be worse guys. You could be living in worse places.... Like..... Ballybunnion:D

• Advertisement

The Medical Mobility shop at the Horan Center has moved to Farranfore.

Advertisement