Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

bobdcow wrote: »
    The Medical Mobility shop at the Horan Center has moved to Farranfore.

That's a bit out of the way isn't it?

Maybe a lot of there business is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

That's a bit out of the way isn't it?

Maybe a lot of there business is online.

Thoight that waa the store that moved into ashe street unless completely different company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

There was always two, one in Ashe St and one in Horan Centre, different shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Looks like a big gorse file tonight up from Farmer's bridge on the mountain.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

TigerTim wrote: »
    Looks like a big gorse file tonight up from Farmer's bridge on the mountain.

T.

There was one on stacks mountain all day today too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I can't understand why arrests aren't made for these fires. There were emergency services up at the Stacks mountains fire yesterday. Same craic every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

If its gorse clearing, land owners are permitted to do so this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

bobdcow wrote: »
    The Medical Mobility shop at the Horan Center has moved to Farranfore.

Where in Farranfore, is it the Business Park there?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Radio5 wrote: »
    Where in Farranfore, is it the Business Park there?

Just on the Tralee side of the Railway Crossings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Good to hear the Central Pharma company will actually open this year up at the new building in Kerry Technology Park with 100 jobs(originally announced in 2018!). Leo Varadkar confirmed it to Brendan Griffin today. I was afraid previously that this was going to be yet another of those phantom job announcements that failed to materialize actual jobs!

https://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/new-central-pharma-site-set-to-open-this-year-40091383.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was waiting at the traffic lights in Oakpark at the Kileen road junction today and I noticed that at the entrance to Kileen road, there are two big pillars like there used to be some sort of big entrance to somewhere, with perhaps a gate? There's a sign just along the side of the path saying Collis Sands house...which obviously is much further up the road.
    Does anyone know if maybe this was the original entrance to Collis Sands? Is it the original gate? Its funny how things just jump out at you after years of never paying much attention to it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I was waiting at the traffic lights in Oakpark at the Kileen road junction today and I noticed that at the entrance to Kileen road, there are two big pillars like there used to be some sort of big entrance to somewhere, with perhaps a gate? There's a sign just along the side of the path saying Collis Sands house...which obviously is much further up the road.
    Does anyone know if maybe this was the original entrance to Collis Sands? Is it the original gate? Its funny how things just jump out at you after years of never paying much attention to it!

That was the main entrance to Oakpark House.The old stone house (Lodge) beside the entrance is were the gate keeper lived.

[IMG][/img]Clipboard01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

ongarboy wrote: »
    Good to hear the Central Pharma company will actually open this year up at the new building in Kerry Technology Park with 100 jobs(originally announced in 2018!). Leo Varadkar confirmed it to Brendan Griffin today. I was afraid previously that this was going to be yet another of those phantom job announcements that failed to materialize actual jobs!

https://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/new-central-pharma-site-set-to-open-this-year-40091383.html

Que the chamber soon claiming it was all down to them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

That was the main entrance to Oakpark House.The old stone house (Lodge) beside the entrance is were the gate keeper lived.

[IMG][/img]Clipboard01.jpg

Great thanks. Is that still the original wall/entrance?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Great thanks. Is that still the original wall/entrance?
    The original entrance was much narrower but was widened some time in the 90s by removing the main gate pillars (the pillars still standing are the pillars the pedestrian side-gates were hung from).

Quackster wrote: »
    The original entrance was much narrower but was widened some time in the 90s by removing the main gate pillars (the pillars still standing are the pillars the pedestrian side-gates were hung from).

That's really cool. Never knew that! And I'm living in Oakpark for 15 years! :confused:

That's really cool. Never knew that! And I'm living in Oakpark for 15 years! :confused:
    It'll be a relief when work finally gets underway on the Northern Relief Road to take some traffic off the Killeen Road. It's a busy junction which bizarrely has no safe provision for pedestrians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It'll be a relief when work finally gets underway on the Northern Relief Road to take some traffic off the Killeen Road. It's a busy junction which bizarrely has no safe provision for pedestrians.

What is the proposed route for this road? Will it be near the rat-run at the Forge Cross roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Parts of the old house and stables still exist today:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.2833768,-9.6885139,3a,75y,43.41h,91.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sJrIk5iJ94_rjrkscbqgbIw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

xxyyzz wrote: »
    What is the proposed route for this road? Will it be near the rat-run at the Forge Cross roundabout?
    Yeah, it'll pretty closely follow the route of the existing road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Is the route of the new road available anywhere online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Yes, for years this was the private entrance to the Novitiate known to the as “the Avenue” leading to the house in the Nuns Wood.. It was a narrow private tar and chip road way with wrought iron railings at each side. The connection to Killeen/ shanakill was a very rough almost impassible Bohereen.

rev bj

And a school there which is choc a bloc during term time!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Northern Relief Road fencing (including gates for agricultural access) has been erected. Passed the area in the morning and I saw few diggers around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

xxyyzz wrote: »

Found these on KCC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

That map is for stage 2 and 3 together. At the moment, stage 2 is being built, it is only from the forge roundabout to the abbeydorney road.

Stage 3 is to the industrial estate but probably 10 years away unfortunately.

Stage 2 will still make huge difference although the road is quite narrow heading up hill from honda shop. But will be great for walking when it is done as it will have the same layout with grass verge and walkway following road as outside Tralee IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Anybody know what businesses are behind the "re-open Tralee" movement for March 1st ?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Anybody know what businesses are behind the "re-open Tralee" movement for March 1st ?

Surely nothing can be reopened as the restrictions will probably be the same next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

The_Kitty wrote: »
    Surely nothing can be reopened as the restrictions will probably be the same next month.

The restrictions are the same until April 5th... but there's an open letter floating around on social media stating Tralee businesses will reopen on March 1st.
    I've not seen any actual business state they will reopen on that date though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

Don't know who is behind the movement, but people have had enough.
    I'm lucky - I'm working. Thousands in Kerry aren't.
    The vaccine isn't going to magically fix things either, so how long more will people 'behave'?
    Guess we're going to see a change in people's mindset pretty shortly..

Advertisement