Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Maybe try the Asian shop up by the slieve mish bar.They have a fantastic range

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Anywhere around the tralee area I could get. 1 tonne bag of topsoil. Doesn't need to be screened

Try Tom boyle in Scartaglin
    I got a 10 ton load from his last week. He also does bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

What's the story with Elverys does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

cms88 wrote: »
    What's the story with Elverys does anyone know?

Closed the store in the Mall due to lease being up.
    Currently looking for a new home, premises on both sides of town being looked at, but no decision made yet

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Closed the store in the Mall due to lease being up.
    Currently looking for a new home, premises on both sides of town being looked at, but no decision made yet
    Hopefully they'll stay in the town centre. Limited options of adequate size though, apart from the former Dunnes and Guineys units. Would hate to see them move out to Manor.

The unit they've vacated is badly hampered by the fact most of the ground floor is missing and the upper floors can only be accessed by a normal stairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Quackster wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll stay in the town centre. Limited options of adequate size though, apart from the former Dunnes and Guineys units. Would hate to see them move out to Manor.

The unit they've vacated is badly hampered by the fact most of the ground floor is missing and the upper floors can only be accessed by a normal stairs.

I'm old enough to remember when Penneys occupied that full building with an interconnecting passage to Quinnsworth on the Square!!. In hindsight, they shouldn't have split that fine period building into 3 units and kept it as one larger unit that would have attracted a bigger retailer and given a more impressive street frontage. That's the problem with many of the retail units around town, too many itty bitty tiny units only suitable in size for cash for gold, fake hair extensions, mobile phone covers or vape shops!(or in some cases selling all 4! Lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Wonder is there any truth to the rumors that an Anti Lockdown protest is scheduled for Saturday in Tralee.

Wonder is there any truth to the rumors that an Anti Lockdown protest is scheduled for Saturday in Tralee.

Yep, numbers won't be too high...I'm only wondering if the teens locked up for the last year won't cut loose with shaving foam and eggs...could be a messy day in the town centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Yep, numbers won't be too high...I'm only wondering if the teens locked up for the last year won't cut loose with shaving foam and eggs...could be a messy day in the town centre

What time is it on so I can stay home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Do you think the Rose of Tralee will go ahead this year? No announcement has been made, I'm just curious. I personally can't see it happening, but who knows? Maybe later in year? Just seems like this year could be tough for the entertainment industry again. It would be nice if it could, but I feel like its doubtful.:(

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Do you think the Rose of Tralee will go ahead this year? No announcement has been made, I'm just curious. I personally can't see it happening, but who knows? Maybe later in year? Just seems like this year could be tough for the entertainment industry again. It would be nice if it could, but I feel like its doubtful.:(

Seeing as Anthony O'Gara didn't want to cancel it last year until pressure was exerted, I can't see him being in any hurry this year to cancel.
    But the reality is that it cannot and will not happen

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Seeing as Anthony O'Gara didn't want to cancel it last year until pressure was exerted, I can't see him being in any hurry this year to cancel.
    But the reality is that it cannot and will not happen

I heard that the organisers of Electric Picnic are still planning to go ahead in September! I don't see how they can!? Its very hard to see anything going ahead. I would imagine all concerts etc will all be rescheduled again for 2022.

I heard that the organisers of Electric Picnic are still planning to go ahead in September! I don't see how they can!? Its very hard to see anything going ahead. I would imagine all concerts etc will all be rescheduled again for 2022.

I'd say anyone that tried to hold a concert/festival before mass vaccination worldwide would be slapped pretty hard...
    could you imagine thousands of unvaccinated people arriving into Tralee for the Rose...a disaster waiting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

I doubt this year because aside from anything else all the regional selections would have to be done soon. Unless they changed those events to zoom interviews. And thats only one small things, theres so many other reasons why a festival like that won't be viable this year.

What time is it on so I can stay home

Funnily enough....I don't know of a single business supporting this protest.
    One particular taxi driver in town will be front and centre....a dangerous individual, so shan't name the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I thought I heard they were doing a television only event, no audience, this year. Don't recollect where I seen/heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Funnily enough....I don't know of a single business supporting this protest.
    One particular taxi driver in town will be front and centre....a dangerous individual, so shan't name the guy

I think he would be dangerous if he had a following which he doesn't seem to have at all.

Is this the guy who had the Facebook video of the guards outside the train station stopping people going to protest in cork

Is this the guy who had the Facebook video of the guards outside the train station stopping people going to protest in cork

Thats him

Seen a few of the videos he had up. He's very fight club the way he Rabbits on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

I've had enough of the 'goodie two shoe' brigade on this forum...

He - who ever he is and ye are referring to (along with anyone else for that matter) has a right to do/protest /support whoever/whatever they like within the law.

God forbid someone thinks a bit differently to the know alls here..

He - who ever he is and ye are referring to (along with anyone else for that matter) has a right to do/protest /support whoever/whatever they like within the law.

God forbid someone thinks a bit differently to the know alls here..

"Within the law" is the issue

Fail to see how it's a goodie two shoe brigade when we are discussing a protest where no one will be wearing a mask.

I fail to see how that's operating within the law. People like him and the crap he spouts out on his Facebook page are dangerous. He's a taxi driver and he thinks he knows more than trained medical professionals.

Get real

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Jaysus, you're off already?? You've only been here for two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Seen a few of the videos he had up. He's very fight club the way he Rabbits on.

Any link to the videos please. Would hate to be using him for a taxi service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Fail to see how it's a goodie two shoe brigade when we are discussing a protest where no one will be wearing a mask.

I fail to see how that's operating within the law. People like him and the crap he spouts out on his Facebook page are dangerous. He's a taxi driver and he thinks he knows more than trained medical professionals.

Get real

Why is it always a curtain type who think they knew better than everyone else. Another i've seen from Tralee ha it all over her Facebook etc and the same person has a new ''job'' every few weeks

Any link to the videos please. Would hate to be using him for a taxi service

No links to this are to be posted up please. Thank you. MOD

No links to this are to be posted up please. Thank you. MOD

O.K. If someone could PM me link or name please

O.K. If someone could PM me link or name please

That's fine, but don't name him or any of these conspiracy nuts on here. Don't give them any airtime to feed into their bull crap! We don't want to draw them on us here either!

• Advertisement

That's fine, but don't name him or any of these conspiracy nuts on here. Don't give them any airtime to feed into their bull crap! We don't want to draw them on us here either!

Understood... Just would like it for totally my own benefit

Advertisement