Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Joking aside... isn't the medical mobility site empty?

oh not sure actually, I thought they were still open the last time I went to Argos (maybe 2 months ago?). I did hear a mobility place had moved, but I assumed it was the place in Ashe street? or is that gone a long time.? I'm confusing myself now! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    oh not sure actually, I thought they were still open the last time I went to Argos (maybe 2 months ago?). I did hear a mobility place had moved, but I assumed it was the place in Ashe street? or is that gone a long time.? I'm confusing myself now! :confused:

You could be right, I'll have to shoot past tomorrow and look as Im not at all sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

ongarboy wrote: »
    Quinlans Fish shop to open a new shop and deli at the Horan centre in July creating 8 new jobs according to Radio Kerry.

The medical mobility shop is the only vacant unit there.
    Would imagine they will need change of planning for food outlet.
    Seems absolutely daft that they would be granted for a deli with an excellent Deli next door in Griffins.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Forge83 wrote: »

Seems absolutely daft that they would be granted for a deli with an excellent Deli next door in Griffins.
    That unit presumably is zoned as general retail, which, as far as I know, covers what Quinlan's is planning. As long as the sale of fish is the main aspect of the business and the deli is incidental to it.

Forge83 wrote: »

Don't think griffins are involved anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

They are gone to one of the units in the commercial Park in Farranfore.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

oeb wrote: »
    They are gone to one of the units in the commercial Park in Farranfore.

There is still a mobility shop in ashe street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The shop in, the horan centre is vacant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Quackster wrote: »
    That unit presumably is zoned as general retail, which, as far as I know, covers what Quinlan's is planning. As long as the sale of fish is the main aspect of the business and the deli is incidental to it.

A take away however is not and requires planning permission for the change of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

That shop at Horans that used to be the mobility shop - the For Let sign has been covered, so it does look like someone is taking over the unit. All the mobility signs are still up so it's not clear who has taken it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Can anyone recommend a good physio for lower back issues? I have had this problem for years since a car accident in 2001, but of late its got very stiff and uncomfortable. I don't even know if physios can do anything, or at the moment due to restrictions, but if anyone has been to one for back issues can you recommend someone?

Can anyone recommend a good physio for lower back issues? I have had this problem for years since a car accident in 2001, but of late its got very stiff and uncomfortable. I don't even know if physios can do anything, or at the moment due to restrictions, but if anyone has been to one for back issues can you recommend someone?

Corrine Evans is very good..I also used Micháel Lynch, he's good as well... but I'd lean towards Corrine

Corrine Evans is very good..I also used Micháel Lynch, he's good as well... but I'd lean towards Corrine

Where is Corrine based?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Where is Corrine based?

High St just up from Tralee Gas,Nameplate on door

High St just up from Tralee Gas,Nameplate on door

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

I'd also recommend Corrine Evans.

The medical mobility signs are being taken off the windows of the place in the Horan Center and Sure alarms were working in there today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.radiokerry.ie/news/further-information-submitted-on-tralee-apartment-plan-232658

Looks like the corner old HSE offices on Denny St/Park Lane may be converted to social housing apartments run by the Peter McVerry trust.

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/news/further-information-submitted-on-tralee-apartment-plan-232658

Looks like the corner old HSE offices on Denny St/Park Lane may be converted to social housing apartments run by the Peter McVerry trust.

There are empty apartments/offices just off Denny street, on way into St. John's carpark, which have been empty for years. In fact I don't think they were ever occupied since being renovated. What is the story there?

A relative used to live in Park Lane in the late 90's and those apartments on the road have been the same sine then. Nothing has been done to them.

Radio Kerry, on the jobs sections, MJ's are looking to expand into a carvery and deli. Looks like a bit of competition for the lads in the horan center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

bobdcow wrote: »
    A relative used to live in Park Lane in the late 90's and those apartments on the road have been the same sine then. Nothing has been done to them.

Radio Kerry, on the jobs sections, MJ's are looking to expand into a carvery and deli. Looks like a bit of competition for the lads in the horan center.
    Where could they expand to? Its not as big a shop

Where could they expand to? Its not as big a shop

The unit on the left they own, and there's also slave out back... plenty of room for expansion

The unit on the left they own, and there's also slave out back... plenty of room for expansion

Will they be doing take away fish & chips or is just the fish retail?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Will they be doing take away fish & chips or is just the fish retail?
    Are you just curious like....:)

Are you just curious like....:)

??

??

MJ's across from Horans.... not Quinlan's :D

MJ's across from Horans.... not Quinlan's :D

Sorry, I was asking are Quinlans going to do fish & chips in the Horans unit or will it just be a fishmongers? didn't read the MJ post properly.

Sorry, I was asking are Quinlans going to do fish & chips in the Horans unit or will it just be a fishmongers? didn't read the MJ post properly.

I don't think they can as it stands... physical changes would need to be made for ventilation, planning permission would be needed.
    Not even sure if it would be possible to vent as Argos is directly above ..will have to wait and see what the planning notice will say

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

??

Was just joking, that like the rest of us, you might be a customer for their fish and chips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://traleetoday.ie/council-proposes-number-of-works-on-pavements-and-streets-around-tralee/

Nice to see further pedestrian improvements around the town going ahead. Glad they're finally getting rid of those ugly trip hazard red brick footpaths on Lower Rock Street and also adding trees to Staughtons Row/Godfrey Place. Wider pavements are always a positive!

Also, Radio Kerry said 24 social apartments have been given approval on the new Island of Geese site. Hopefully that overall site development starts this year. It's progressing at a glacial pace.

Advertisement