Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

The roadworks on Bridge Street are absolutely causing havoc with pedestrians. I've personally picked up 2 elderly women who've tripped on the uneven surfaces
    Both only badly shaken, no broken bones.... but I'm sure they can't be the only 2 to fall.
    It's not often I say this, but I hope quite a few compensation claims go in to the KCC as their incompetence in this matter is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Honestly, people have to look after themselves. The whole of Europe is covered in cobble stones and no one falls. In the Netherlands, I have seen roadworks with giant holes and no barriers. It's terrible if someone trips but come on. Also, I think losing the trees along fels point is a disgrace all because a twig might fall according to one councillor . I hope they take the opportunity to widen footpath and make proper cycle lane but thats alot more work than cutting down trees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

FM252 wrote: »
    Honestly, people have to look after themselves. The whole of Europe is covered in cobble stones and no one falls. In the Netherlands, I have seen roadworks with giant holes and no barriers. It's terrible if someone trips but come on. Also, I think losing the trees along fels point is a disgrace all because a twig might fall according to one councillor . I hope they take the opportunity to widen footpath and make proper cycle lane but thats alot more work than cutting down trees

Thats a shocking statement. Imagine expecting people to take responsibility for themselves. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If I'm reading a planning application correctly on the council website, it looks like Sean Ogs has applied for planning permission to extend their pub into 35,36,37,38 and 41 Bridge Street. That includes the closed down Ela Maria unit and wraps around the rear of Coin Off licence. That will create a huge bar if granted permission. Will be a great boost for that side of town though!

21/319 is the planning reference.

ongarboy wrote: »
    If I'm reading a planning application correctly on the council website, it looks like Sean Ogs has applied for planning permission to extend their pub into 35,36,37,38 and 41 Bridge Street. That includes the closed down Ela Maria unit and wraps around the rear of Coin Off licence. That will create a huge bar if granted permission. Will be a great boost for that side of town though!

21/319 is the planning reference.

ThIs had been talked about before the first lockdown...he wanted to open a whiskey bar... something that works in larger cities for sure... something I'd have been interested in.
    Also, during the lockdown, talk of a partnership with the person who was doing good in the bar about opening a café type business.
    By the end of July we'll be eating and drinking out...so now would be the time to make these things happen I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What is going into the redeveloped building on the corner there again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Anyone got a recommendation for good quality, screened topsoil? Need dirt without a lot of rocks in it for a septic field. So far, no luck asking around here in West Kerry and there's nothing online...

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

+353 87 248 5038

Not sure of his name. His number was in the kerry eye a few weeks back. Got 1 tonne bag off him last week. 60 euro. No large stones it only some pebbles

+353 87 248 5038

Not sure of his name. His number was in the kerry eye a few weeks back. Got 1 tonne bag off him last week. 60 euro. No large stones it only some pebbles

It's Tom boyle in Scartaglin. Got 10 tonnes off him recently for the garden

Passed quinlans new shop today. Says fish and chips in the window.
    That will be some competition there now between them, the polish lads and MJ's

Will it be a case of cod fillets at dawn in the car park? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59,610 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Probably a mix of swordfish and pike at a guess :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Passed quinlans new shop today. Says fish and chips in the window.
    That will be some competition there now between them, the polish lads and MJ's

Quinlans are a higher price range so it probably won't affect the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

It will be handy parking wise for Quinlans takeaway compared to existing shop, that area will be real foodie part of town with 3 of them operating! I used to get a lamb lunch every Wednesday for my Dad from the existing deli, delicious and nearly big enough for both of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

There's a sign up on the Horan Deli - New to menu: Fish and Chips :-)

Sports Direct (Munster Warehouse) are taking bookings tomorrow for children's shoes fittings
    These will start on Wednesday...by appointment only, no walk-ins

bobdcow wrote: »
    There's a sign up on the Horan Deli - New to menu: Fish and Chips :-)

Didnt I say that 16 hours earlier... Do keep up :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Didnt I say that 16 hours earlier... Do keep up :D

bodcow was talking about the Horans Deli/carvery/Mizzoni Pizza which is already open there. They now have a sign up saying they are now doing fish & chips!

Carphone warehouse has closed with immediate effect I believe...all stores

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Carphone warehouse has closed with immediate effect I believe...all stores

Looks like its been on the cards for a while judging by this article from last friday! I see they lost the Vodafone contract and were unable to sell it through their stores, which would have been a big loss. Seems like Eir was pulling out too and they didn't have any of the low budget contracts available through them either. So there looks to have been trouble there for a while.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/carphone-warehouse-considers-closing-its-stores-in-ireland-1.4539663

Yes indeed.... still a huge shock to the staff to be told on going to work this morning, end of day and youre gone.
    There was a plan to put small booths in Curry's... but no idea if that will now go ahead or not

• Advertisement

Yes indeed.... still a huge shock to the staff to be told on going to work this morning, end of day and youre gone.
    There was a plan to put small booths in Curry's... but no idea if that will now go ahead or not

Yeah desperate for the staff. I think there used to be a Carphone warehouse section in Harvey Normans at one stage?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yeah desperate for the staff. I think there used to be a Carphone warehouse section in Harvey Normans at one stage?

Think you're right... but Curry's own the UK version I believe, so the plan was to set them up onsite....could be a dead duck now

Sounds like Dunnes will have a lovely new section put in. I remember they announced there was going to be a health store going in there a couple of years or so ago, but it never happened in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Think you're right... but Curry's own the UK version I believe, so the plan was to set them up onsite....could be a dead duck now

They are to continue selling phones and accessories in Currys pc world.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Sounds like Dunnes will have a lovely new section put in. I remember they announced there was going to be a health store going in there a couple of years or so ago, but it never happened in the end.

From the KCC planning documents, it looks like they're tarting up the outside of the building as well, with new signage, moving things around, and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭barryribs

ejmaztec wrote: »
    From the KCC planning documents, it looks like they're tarting up the outside of the building as well, with new signage, moving things around, and whatnot.

Hopefully they put bollards in on the double yellow lines there before someone is killed on that pedestrian crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bailey43 wrote: »

There's a Carphone Warehouse section in the Currys across the road from the Parkway in Limerick, which was put in place after Dixons got their hands on CW, and I was surprised that the one in Manor West didn't get incorporated into Currys at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Main centre in Manor is gonna look fairly empty when things reopen.

• Advertisement

Bailey43 wrote: »

No, all Carphone Warehouse stores and concessions are gone completely.
    Currys selling phones from now on will be nothing to do with CW

Advertisement