Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Clab mor wrote: »
    Ha yup sounds like Donald Trump alright!!

Yer man was actually making fair points. And by the way, insulting locals of Tralee in all your posts about the festival is not going to earn you any fans in your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

The_Mac wrote: »
    Yer man was actually making fair points. And by the way, insulting locals of Tralee in all your posts about the festival is not going to earn you any fans in your points.

I wasn't insulting anyone and apologies if that's how it read.... It wasn't my intention.

I was mearly pointing out the lack of support for the festival from some locals.

I also think I made some fair and valid points many of which were matters of fact rather than opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Has Quarters nightclub re-opened? Does anyone know and how much is price of admission?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has Quarters nightclub re-opened? Does anyone know and how much is price of admission?

Its now two nightclubs,separate entrance for the upstairs which is called "The Hideout" and is free entry and bottom part is called "Escape" I suppose it would be 10 euro to get in there

Its now two nightclubs,separate entrance for the upstairs which is called "The Hideout" and is free entry and bottom part is called "Escape" I suppose it would be 10 euro to get in there

Well if one is free Escape won't be getting much in except for events I'd say.

• Advertisement

Well if one is free Escape won't be getting much in except for events I'd say.

Upstairs is apparently over 23s only

Think I'd take Hennessy's over paying a tenner into a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Clab mor wrote: »
    Really that's a pity.... I'd imagine it could all move back to Denny Street in a heartbeat again so I don't see it being a big issue really.....

Any idea what parties are making waves about it??? Is it shops/bars?????

Would Denny st not be classed as a public space also??? How does that work??? I presume permission from kcc must be sought?

Nothing for certain but they may only now be using only a portion of the Square at the capacity for the events is now only 1000. They can't close off the Square to the public in its entirity.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ashill5

Just passed the canal earlier. Whats happening with the repairs to the pathway as it seems to be taking an awful long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ashill5 wrote: »
    Just passed the canal earlier. Whats happening with the repairs to the pathway as it seems to be taking an awful long time.

Looks like a whole new path going in rather than repairs.
    I presume it will be tarred.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Think I'd take Hennessy's over paying a tenner into a nightclub.

Is that not illegal?

pcuser wrote: »
    Is that not illegal?

No, entry to nightclubs is a regular thing, but from what I'm used to up in Cork they usually charge only a fiver or 6 euro in. It's no wonder the nightclub here keeps shutting down charging a tenner.

Is that not illegal?

No, entry to nightclubs is a regular thing, but from what I'm used to up in Cork they usually charge only a fiver or 6 euro in. It's no wonder the nightclub here keeps shutting down charging a tenner.

Sorry mac, I meant to reply to another post regarding age restriction

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

John Spillane will be performing in Il Forno, Saturday 27th August.

There's a competition on their page to win tickets!

https://www.facebook.com/ilfornotralee/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

pcuser wrote: »
    Is that not illegal?

Nope, as long as it's applied to everyone, and it's prominently displayed at the door.

If the place is actually full of 18 years olds, and they are only stopping certain people for being under 23, then it's illegal.

Same thing with dress code, you can say "No runners" but you have to apply it to everyone.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2003/act/31/section/25/enacted/en/html#sec25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

oeb wrote: »
    Nope, as long as it's applied to everyone, and it's prominently displayed at the door.

If the place is actually full of 18 years olds, and they are only stopping certain people for being under 23, then it's illegal.

Same thing with dress code, you can say "No runners" but you have to apply it to everyone.

Usually the threat of playing "Come On Eileen", "Karma Chameleon" and "Give Me Hope Joanna" is a far more robust deterrent to anyone under 23 (or 30 for that matter) from venturing in rather than what is said in the statue books!! :):):)

oeb wrote: »

Thanks OEB, Im 33 myself so this does not apply to me but interesting to know. A night out for me is a few pints in the local. A crazy night would be getting a jameson with my last pint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I agree with the other posters. The admission policy is very complicated and 10 euros is a lot to pay - considering that the drinks will also not be cheap. Although someone else said that it was 5 euros in and only is 10 euros when there is a "big" name performing. If it is definitely 10 euros to get in, then yes, it seems to me to be a program for failure.

New website about the Denny site,can submit ideas

http://theislandtralee.ie/

Pretty good photo gallery that will no doubt bring back memories for anyone who worked there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

New website about the Denny site,can submit ideas

http://theislandtralee.ie/

Pretty good photo gallery that will no doubt bring back memories for anyone who worked there

Glad they're making it easy to submit ideas for the redevelopment of the site. Hopefully they can come up with something really worthwhile and bring that part of town back to life again.

Exciting times ahead - hopefully

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see there is a new French restaurant opening in Princes street. I spotted it on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/lerustiquetralee/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I see there is a new French restaurant opening in Princes street. I spotted it on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/lerustiquetralee/

It's the old Uno's restaurant....and probably as French as you or I :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

It's the old Uno's restaurant....and probably as French as you or I :D

To be fair the posts on the facebook page suggest they're not irish. Thought they were French with the way they spoke English, but further down theres a status in German (I think) so not sure who they are/where they're from..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi

Could any of you tell me what today's weather is like currently in Tralee (or even Castlegregory) please?

Thanks for your help

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi

Could any of you tell me what today's weather is like currently in Tralee (or even Castlegregory) please?

Thanks for your help

It's OK in Tralee. Overcast, but the sun is creeping through. Hopefully it will stay dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks for your help

http://www.onitsurf.com/surf-cameras/brandon-bay-surf-cam.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

xxyyzz wrote: »

Thanks that's very cool. I think I may have found a fab new way to waste time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Odd question but does anyone have any idea what butchers get their produce from John Lane & Sons, I'm trying to track gluten free chicken and turkey products that is distributed to them by Rosie And Jims.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Odd question but does anyone have any idea what butchers get their produce from John Lane & Sons, I'm trying to track gluten free chicken and turkey products that is distributed to them by Rosie And Jims.

Have you tried Macguires in Caherslee or Terry's butchers in Oakpark. I know they do gluten free products.

Advertisement