Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Unfortunately an 11 year old little girl died in an accident with her bike an a van on the Abbeydorney road. I think the road is still closed off. Very sad news. Condolences to her parents and family. RIP

Puts everything, and I mean everything in perspective.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see that Ryles pharmacy are opening (again) in Ashe street. They are going into the building opposite where they were before it changed to Lloyds pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I see that Ryles pharmacy are opening (again) in Ashe street. They are going into the building opposite where they were before it changed to Lloyds pharmacy.

Slightly different ownership to the new pharmacy, they sold the old pharmacies to Lloyd's and half that ownership with new partners are opening the new pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

NCR Dunnes Stores
    I don’t think it was was mentioned here that beside Nourish Health Shop and Pat Whelan Butchers, we have a third name which is Quinlan’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

snams wrote: »
    NCR Dunnes Stores
    I don’t think it was was mentioned here that beside Nourish Health Shop and Pat Whelan Butchers, we have a third name which is Quinlan’s.

You'd have to wonder is there really a need for an Quinlan’s? That'll be three in Tralee now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

NCR Dunnes Stores

Quinlins are going into Dunnes NCR??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

NCR Dunnes Stores

Sheridans Cheesemongers and Baxter and Greene deli also opening. Once all completed, it will be quite the upgraded supermarket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

I've seen the businesses that are going in, I'm presuming that Dunnes will be getting rid of their own meat/cheese/fish counter when this all happens

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've seen the businesses that are going in, I'm presuming that Dunnes will be getting rid of their own meat/cheese/fish counter when this all happens
    Yeah, that's what they've done in the upgraded Dublin supermarkets.

Some of these brands, like Whelan's Butchers and Baxter & Greene, were bought out by Dunnes. So they'll still be very much their butcher and deli counters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/dunnes-stores-how-it-transformed-from-value-grocery-to-epicurean-dining-destination-1.3894450

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Quinlins are going into Dunnes NCR??

Quinlans supply other chains "Own Brand" fish, not sure how that would be received !!

• Advertisement

Dunnes have started the work for the new outlets to go in. They look like they will all be down the back area of the food section as they have closed off a big chunk and re-arranged it a bit. It will be good to see it all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

2pm tomorrow in The Square

E1Sk1aEWEAYC47H?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

E1Sk1aEWEAYC47H?format=jpg&name=medium

Great. Another reason to avoid town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Great. Another reason to avoid town.

This must be one of those 'essential' protests that COVID approves of!!

There seems to be a new cafe/restaurant going into the old Mozarts unit. New signage is up but I couldn't quite make out what it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

There is no reason for a protest for a foreign concern in these times of Covid, a petition is enough .....the protest although fine in normal times, has no effect in a small town on Europes edge. Normal times I do not care. Now beyond it is stupid, do not care what the case numbers are.
    This is how it takes hold....sure its grand attitude.......the reason why I didn't get my Christmas drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

We are twins.

FM252 wrote: »
    There is no reason for a protest for a foreign concern in these times of Covid, a petition is enough .....the protest although fine in normal times, has no effect in a small town on Europes edge. Normal times I do not care. Now beyond it is stupid, do not care what the case numbers are.
    This is how it takes hold....sure its grand attitude.......the reason why I didn't get my Christmas drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm sure it's the usual anti-everything rent-a-crowd. Anti-mask, anti-vaxx, anti-flouridation, anti-water charges etc.

I for one welcome our new Zionist overlords!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Masala

[IMG][/img]

.... are these the Anti-Maskers in disguise???

For **** sake... have they not been watching teh numners dying from Covid for past year. I guess they find comfort that numbers in ICU are down - plenty of room IF they end up getting sick!

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    .... are these the Anti-Maskers in disguise???

Could very well be, there are quite a few anti mask demonstrations around the country today at 2pn.
    This could be one masquerading as a Pro-Palestinian demonstration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Masala

Could very well be, there are quite a few anti mask demonstrations around the country today at 2pn.
    This could be one masquerading as a Pro-Palestinian demonstration

Scenario...... Outside McDonalds ..."Lads... see ye at 2pm in the Square. We'll decide then what bandwagon we'll jump on"

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Anyone know what happened out the kerries this afternoon 2 ambulance 3 fire engine's and 2 support 4x4 fire brigade when back there in quick speed

Bailey43 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened out the kerries this afternoon 2 ambulance 3 fire engine's and 2 support 4x4 fire brigade when back there in quick speed

No idea, but they do training and response time exercises out beyond the Kerries at times.. hopefully that's all it was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There seems to be a new cafe/restaurant going into the old Mozarts unit. New signage is up but I couldn't quite make out what it said.

Good to hear. Hopefully something that will be a success!

I saw a few images of the protest today, a local "politician"who changes partys more times than his jocks was there...
    But other than that, I recognised a few Syrians and a Brazilian I'd know...so it wasn't the anti-mask brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Any suggestions for what butcher has the best steak fillet in town regardless of price?

Any suggestions for what butcher has the best steak fillet in town regardless of price?

Terrys butchers in Oakpark are pretty good for it. My husband has got it there a few times. Also Seamus O'Sullivan in Manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Looks like all the OPW sites in Kerry will be free for the rest of the year:

http://traleetoday.ie/free-admission-to-kerrys-opw-heritage-sites-for-rest-of-2021/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

I know its not a butchers, but you can't beat Aldi for their premium range steaks. The 30 day aged ones that come in the black boxes.

Advertisement