Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

FM252 wrote: »
    There is no reason for a protest for a foreign concern in these times of Covid, a petition is enough .....the protest although fine in normal times, has no effect in a small town on Europes edge. Normal times I do not care. Now beyond it is stupid, do not care what the case numbers are.
    This is how it takes hold....sure its grand attitude.......the reason why I didn't get my Christmas drink.

I can't imagine Hamas stopping their shelling of Israel as a result of a protest anywhere, nevermind a small rural town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

I know its not a butchers, but you can't beat Aldi for their premium range steaks. The 30 day aged ones that come in the black boxes.

+1 for this suggestion..they really are fantastic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I forgot to say that the Dunnes Simply better range of Fillet Steak is also very good. My husband loves it. It sells out quite a lot so its popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I know I'm not answering the question asked which is a pet hate of mine :) but I buy Fillet steak from The Premium Butcher when they have it on offer. Yes it's a lot of steak and cost, 100 quid for 3 full fillets and you must trim and cut them up and freeze but it's delicious and good value overall. A few lovely Chateaubriands as well then for roasting or Beef Wellington.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

No idea, but they do training and response time exercises out beyond the Kerries at times.. hopefully that's all it was

The Fire Brigade never does or did something like that.

• Advertisement

snams wrote: »
    The Fire Brigade never does or did something like that.

I wasn't aware of the fire service being involved at the time.
    It was actually an incident that required their assistance....injury, but no casualty

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Its great to see the shops open again and the town buzzing. I popped into Penney's at lunch time. I didn't have to queue which was great. Hopefully that's the last of the lockdowns and the businesses have a good trade this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

Lads, you might not support this cause but do you really have to spread disinformation like this ?

Anyone with even the slightest clue of whats been going on will realise that majority of the anti-vaccine / anti-mask / anti-lockdown crew are far-right, people who as a rule don't particular like *brown* people.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I'm sure it's the usual anti-everything rent-a-crowd. Anti-mask, anti-vaxx, anti-flouridation, anti-water charges etc.
    Masala wrote: »
    .... are these the Anti-Maskers in disguise???
    Could very well be, there are quite a few anti mask demonstrations around the country today at 2pn.
    This could be one masquerading as a Pro-Palestinian demonstration

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

Only saw a couple of politicians there, out of interest who are you referring to then ?

I saw a few images of the protest today, a local "politician"who changes partys more times than his jocks was there...
    But other than that, I recognised a few Syrians and a Brazilian I'd know...so it wasn't the anti-mask brigade

Lads, you might not support this cause but do you really have to spread disinformation like this ?

Anyone with even the slightest clue of whats been going on will realise that majority of the anti-vaccine / anti-mask / anti-lockdown crew are far-right, people who as a rule don't particular like *brown* people.

I actually posted afterwards that it was not the anti mask brigade...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Such a load of cr*p, people have had many opinions on the lockdown, vaccine, govt mishandling of the whole thing etc which has nothing to do with the colour of peoples skin

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Anyone waiting on items from fastway. When I check the status if the order I've been getting this since the 11th of May.

We're trying to deliver this parcel but we have encountered an operational delay.

They are beyond useless

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone know what's the story with O'Brien Dental in Boherbee? Has it closed down permanently?

Quackster wrote: »
    Anyone know what's the story with O'Brien Dental in Boherbee? Has it closed down permanently?

Maybe...it's a bit quiet on the reasoning.. but it's either closed completely, or shut for approximately 9 months

I read on Tralee do you know that they closed for maternity leave.

Anyone waiting on items from fastway. When I check the status if the order I've been getting this since the 11th of May.

We're trying to deliver this parcel but we have encountered an operational delay.

They are beyond useless

We use them for work and find them ok. Did you email them through their website? I know they can be a bit slow at times, but compared to another big courier company we recently used, they are far better!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

I can't imagine Hamas stopping their shelling of Israel as a result of a protest anywhere, nevermind a small rural town.

I can't imagine Israel recognising the Palestinians as fellow human beings and embracing all that that encompasses, as a result of a remote protest, but ya never know it might help!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I can't imagine Israel recognising the Palestinians as fellow human beings and embracing all that that encompasses, as a result of a remote protest, but ya never know it might help!

We love dreamers. But yes, definitely, Israel shouldn't have retaliated and just allowed hamas to bomb them indescriminately

This isn't the thread for discussions about Israel/Palestine. thanks, MOD

Might be a little late now, but Tesco in Manor were selling off their toy stock today..70-90% discount available, mainly boys left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Might be a little late now, but Tesco in Manor were selling off their toy stock today..70-90% discount available, mainly boys left

I never knew Tesco had started selling children.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Anyone know why McDonalds drive through was closed this afternoon? Counter service was open.
    RevBJ

Anyone know why McDonalds drive through was closed this afternoon? Counter service was open.
    RevBJ

The window was stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

They are beyond useless
    Had the same issue 2 weeks ago, waited a week, in the end had to go out to Castle Island to collect it myself, they had a shed full of undelivered tralee stuff, took 20 mins to find my parcel, if it's Important best go out and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

They are moving to Tralee shortly I think

They are moving to Tralee shortly I think

They are planning to, but they don't have anywhere secured yet. I was talking to one of the couriers in Tralee recently. It may be by the end of the year at this rate he said!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

RevBJ

Did you not ask at the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

The window was stuck

No harm, its a bloody nuisance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    They are planning to, but they don't have anywhere secured yet. I was talking to one of the couriers in Tralee recently. It may be by the end of the year at this rate he said!

Oh, last I heard was they were going up Clash around where Brooks used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    Had the same issue 2 weeks ago, waited a week, in the end had to go out to Castle Island to collect it myself, they had a shed full of undelivered tralee stuff, took 20 mins to find my parcel, if it's Important best go out and collect

Considering they're nonstop looking for people to work in the werehouse that might have a lot to do with it.

Advertisement