Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Oh, last I heard was they were going up Clash around where Brooks used to be.

I don't think they have anywhere sorted out yet. They are planning to do it though, they just don't know when.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Faster to walk into Mcdonald and order than it is to que for drive through

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

ongarboy wrote: »
    Did you not ask at the counter?

No, as we just drove by and saw the barrier down. There was a v.large group of TY students queuing inside and leaving with food so gave it a skip.

The traffic management around this area is very dangerous with no proper provision for pedestrians.

RevBJ

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No, as we just drove by and saw the barrier down. There was a v.large group of TY students queuing inside and leaving with food so gave it a skip.

The traffic management around this area is very dangerous with no proper provision for pedestrians.

RevBJ
    They went to the trouble of getting planning for a new, much larger & much needed premises. And then couldn't be arsed building it. Bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Quackster wrote: »
    They went to the trouble of getting planning for a new, much larger & much needed premises. And then couldn't be arsed building it. Bonkers.

They didn’t build it due to a disagreement with HQ about the construction and materials. Supposedly McDonalds HQ have the same companies supply and build all the locations in Ireland. The owner of the Tralee location wanted to reduce the costs by organising everything himself. They said no and that’s where it ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

RevBJ

There will be nothing done about it until someone is killed there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Forge83 wrote: »
    They didn’t build it due to a disagreement with HQ about the construction and materials. Supposedly McDonalds HQ have the same companies supply and build all the locations in Ireland. The owner of the Tralee location wanted to reduce the costs by organising everything himself. They said no and that’s where it ended.

Who owns the Tralee franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Who owns the Tralee franchise?

I know his first name is Martin, there was actually a thing in The Kerryman about it being open for 25 years last week. I think he also own the Killarney one

cms88 wrote: »
    I know his first name is Martin, there was actually a thing in The Kerryman about it being open for 25 years last week. I think he also own the Killarney one

Its open 25 years?? Wow, that's mad!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Its open 25 years?? Wow, that's mad!:eek:

I can very clearly remember the day it opened. It was either last week or two weeks ago in The Kerryman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I could be mistaken but I think Tralee was the first town in Ireland outside the cities to get a McDonald's. I remember being in college in Limerick when it opened and thought it was so cool that Tralee now had a McDs! Scary to think 1996 is a quarter of a century ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

cms88 wrote: »

Martin Hoban, I believe he owns some filling stations in Tralee as well.

It's actually kind of interesting how McDonalds works, I worked in the Killarney store at the time Martin took it over (This was maybe 22 or 23 years ago).

Before Martin took over and we all started working for his company, we used to work directly for McDonalds. At that time there were a fair few new stores opening around the country, and a lot of the company staff used to be sent up to new stores to train in all the new staff and help run it for the first few days.

So, McDonalds, the company, finds a town that could do with a McDonalds. They buy up some land, then they build one. Hire a bunch of staff, train them up, get a nice rolling trade going. It's at this stage that the franchisee comes in. They then both lease the franchise, and the land that the store was built on, from McDonalds the company. In addition to this, of course they are buying all the raw food ingredients from McDonalds the company too.

McDonalds seems like it's a fast food company, but in fact, it's one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the world.

Pamela Scott's in Abbey court is reopening on Monday! Some good news. Not sure what happened with regards to it being in receivership, but it is reopening!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

palestine-solidarity-rally-in-tralee-on-saturday.jpg

I have already asked that no more talk about Palestine etc on this thread! Please stop the politics talk too. Mod

Does anyone know when Costa is reopening in the Mall? It didn’t look like it was open this week with the shops reopened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Does anyone know when Costa is reopening in the Mall? It didn’t look like it was open this week with the shops reopened.

I'm out of the loop recently, but there was uncertainty as to whether they would reopen for takeaway... only for sit in...so July at best

St. John's Parish have said that the confirmations and communions won't take place until September & October due to current restrictions

New cafe/takeaway opening soon in Ashe St, "Dubai Café" it's called and will be whee Mozart's used to be

New cafe/takeaway opening soon in Asher St, "Dubai Café" it's called and will be whee Mozart's used to be

I spotted there was some work going on in there last week. Hopefully it do well for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Mostly pizzas by the looks of it. Then wraps and a few selections of burgers.

Tralee is really missing a gourmet burger joint
    When done with good meat or good vegetarian option. Always a good option and I never mind paying for it

New cafe/takeaway opening soon in Ashe St, "Dubai Café" it's called and will be whee Mozart's used to be

Good to hear. Just reading their Facebook page now. They're saying they have a limited pizza, wraps and burger takeaway menu now but when sit in dining returns, they'll have a full Mediterranean and Emirati signature dishes menu. Sounds promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Good to hear. Just reading their Facebook page now. They're saying they have a limited pizza, wraps and burger takeaway menu now but when sit in dining returns, they'll have a full Mediterranean and Emirati signature dishes menu. Sounds promising!

Do you have a link to their facebook page? I can't seem to find it.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Do you have a link to their facebook page? I can't seem to find it.

https://www.facebook.com/Dubai-Cafe-kerry-103844505203311/

Here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,493 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And here I was thinking they might be worth checking out because of the middle eastern items on their menu... Bruschetta... Wraps... Rocket salads.

Pass.

I see a well known Tralee head was up in court in Killarney for possession of 20k worth of cannabis

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

I see a well known Tralee head was up in court in Killarney for possession of 20k worth of cannabis

Whos the head? only see this

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40297052.html

g1983d wrote: »

That's him...he has been named in more local press

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Does anyone have a link or timetable for the tralee Town bus.tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Bailey43 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link or timetable for the tralee Town bus.tia

Tralee has a bus service? Learn something new every day.

Advertisement