Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tralee has a bus service? Learn something new every day.

Its been going for about 20 years!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Bailey43 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link or timetable for the tralee Town bus.tia

Not sure if the service has resumed yet, but I found this link for the route and times

https://moovitapp.com/ireland-502/lines/290-B/571418/2223799/en?sid=33650046&epochDay=18773&customerId=4908&ref=2&poiType=line

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Not sure if the service has resumed yet, but I found this link for the route and times

https://moovitapp.com/ireland-502/lines/290-B/571418/2223799/en?sid=33650046&epochDay=18773&customerId=4908&ref=2&poiType=line

That's great thanks Ciarrai 76

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Igotadose wrote: »
    And here I was thinking they might be worth checking out because of the middle eastern items on their menu... Bruschetta... Wraps... Rocket salads.

Pass.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for something similar. Nothing new there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Yeah, I was kind of hoping for something similar. Nothing new there.

TBF this is true for most of the restaurants we've found in Ireland. When we want good Asian or Middle Eastern food, we go to Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Igotadose wrote: »
    TBF this is true for most of the restaurants we've found in Ireland. When we want good Asian or Middle Eastern food, we go to Glasgow.

Not sure Just Eat will deliver that far away though

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That's him...he has been named in more local press
    I don't see anything?

Don't understand the secrecy. He's been charged so it's now a matter of public record and it's legally fine to identify him, unless there's a specific court order in place saying otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Quackster wrote: »
    I don't see anything?

Don't understand the secrecy. He's been charged so it's now a matter of public record and it's legally fine to identify him, unless there's a specific court order in place saying otherwise.

https://www.radiokerry.ie/news/killarney-court-hears-claim-that-man-accusing-of-possessing-drugs-is-part-of-gang-that-operates-through-snapchat-237607

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Bailey43 wrote: »
    That's great thanks Ciarrai 76

Don't believe its running at present. According to the NTA it's not.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    Don't believe its running at present. According to the NTA it's not.

I was thinking that. I haven't seen it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I was thinking that. I haven't seen it around.

Maybe that's why I didn't realise there was a bus service.
    I suppose I'm right in thinking it's not the 46A with nothing for 2 hours and then 5 coming at once :)

Maybe that's why I didn't realise there was a bus service.
    I suppose I'm right in thinking it's not the 46A with nothing for 2 hours and then 5 coming at once :)

Its not been running during level 5, so probably stopped at Christmas.

If you remember the old small Imp busses that used to be in Dublin years ago, its basically that bus! I think they bought a couple of them when they stopped using them in Dublin!
    imp3.jpg.ecef77ce4270018598eb86ea3c503b70.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

If you remember the old small Imp busses that used to be in Dublin years ago, its basically that bus! I think they bought a couple of them when they stopped using them in Dublin!

David was telling me they were upgrading their fleet, have paid for environmentally friendly elec buses and are awaiting delivery from England.
    Seems they want to offer a real service in town that nobody else can provide

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Does anyone know when Costa is reopening in the Mall? It didn’t look like it was open this week with the shops reopened.

Not sure about Costa but if you are in the Mall give cafe Start next door a go.

The Daily Grind is always good as is Maddigan's on Milk Market Lane.

Yep, clapped out 1990's crap that were an embarrassment 10 years ago. Pity we don't have a proper BÉ town bus service like some other towns our size.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Traleelad

Quinlans Fish have added a very impressive canopy and outdoor eating area to the front of the shop.

More of the same is what’s needed throughout the town.

Yep, clapped out 1990's crap that were an embarrassment 10 years ago. Pity we don't have a proper BÉ town bus service like some other towns our size.

The 123 was on my route. They were a great little bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've been saying that for years. We could definitely use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There should be Rickshaws pulled by Councillors :pac:

• Advertisement

Not sure about Costa but if you are in the Mall give cafe Start next door a go.

The Daily Grind is always good as is Maddigan's on Milk Market Lane.

I go to the ugly mug or Glasshouse if I can, much prefer their coffee to anywhere else! I was just curious as to when Costa would be reopening, I don't tend to go there too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I go to the ugly mug or Glasshouse if I can, much prefer their coffee to anywhere else! I was just curious as to when Costa would be reopening, I don't tend to go there too often.

IMNSHO there's the Roast House, and everyone else. Did you know their head barista was like an Irish champion barista at one point? Great coffee, great food.

The 123 was on my route. They were a great little bus.
    The 130 was mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

David was telling me they were upgrading their fleet, have paid for environmentally friendly elec buses and are awaiting delivery from England.
    Seems they want to offer a real service in town that nobody else can provide
    The Tralee People’s Bus Service has been running for nearly thirty years now. I feel for the operators Slatterys who were dealt a quadruple whammy by COVID.
    No visitors or day cases to the hospital
    No students especially foreign language students to the IT
    No elderly people going to the Town centre and PO.
    Risk of drivers becoming infected
    Reduced occupancy rates.
    I’m hoping that when they get going again that we give them the support they deserve.

RevBJ

I was using the bottle bank in the Sports Complex this afternoon and I couldn't believe how many rabbits were in the sports field just behind it! There must have been over 20 of them! My little boy was thrilled to see it. Never saw so many in one place!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I was using the bottle bank in the Sports Complex this afternoon and I couldn't believe how many rabbits were in the sports field just behind it! There must have been over 20 of them! My little boy was thrilled to see it. Never saw so many in one place!

They have their burrows along the ditch next to the railway line. Later in the evening and with no dogs around the lower part of the field is full of them. When they are behind the metal fence you can walk right up to them, they have learnt that they are safe there. There are at least two foxes in the area though and I have seen cats hunting (and catching) them, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I just saw that a planning application for the site opposite Oaklands shop ("Summerville House") has now been lodged. Apparently it was bought by the people owning the medical centre/pharmacy next to it and the rear half is intended to become their new carpark. It will be interesting to see what happens with the actual house, it doesn't look great right now with large cracks in the walls and smashed windows. I really hope it can be saved. Meanwhile, further up the road the second house discussed earlier is finished nicely and back on the market. It's not cheap though.

Quaderno wrote: »
    I just saw that a planning application for the site opposite Oaklands shop ("Summerville House") has now been lodged. Apparently it was bought by the people owning the medical centre/pharmacy next to it and the rear half is intended to become their new carpark. It will be interesting to see what happens with the actual house, it doesn't look great right now with large cracks in the walls and smashed windows. I really hope it can be saved. Meanwhile, further up the road the second house discussed earlier is finished nicely and back on the market. It's not cheap though.

Wow that's a crazy asking price!! Where did they come up with that price? That's actually ridiculous. Lovely house, but way too overpriced! its not the nicest location right on the busiest main road in town! I'm shocked! There are bigger houses with bigger gardens for sale in Ballyard which are less than that and Ballyard is always expensive to buy!

The Tralee People’s Bus Service has been running for nearly thirty years now. I feel for the operators Slatterys who were dealt a quadruple whammy by COVID.
    No visitors or day cases to the hospital
    No students especially foreign language students to the IT
    No elderly people going to the Town centre and PO.
    Risk of drivers becoming infected
    Reduced occupancy rates.
    I’m hoping that when they get going again that we give them the support they deserve.

RevBJ
    I haven't used them in over twenty years and have no intention of doing so any time soon as things stand.

If, as has been suggested, they actually get decent busses and decide to enter the 21st century with an actual website, accept Leap Card etc, I'd certainly reconsider.

• Advertisement

For the majority of people, Tralee is a small place and walkable.

Advertisement