Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cool, I'll try them next time in Tralee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Read tonight that The Denny street road works will commence in September & continue until December and the Mall will begin in January 2017 & last about 6-8 months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone here knew the address of the Tralee Turas Nua offices? Tried online but couldn't even find information about an office in Tralee!

Thanks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Yakult wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone here knew the address of the Tralee Turas Nua offices? Tried online but couldn't even find information about an office in Tralee!

Thanks!

What sort of place is it? I can't quite think where it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yakult wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks!

Its in the Monavalley Estate on the Abbeydorney Road. First building on your left, ground floor office.

http://liberhouse.ie/contact-us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

About time they brought the main acts to the square

http://traleetoday.ie/festival-countdown/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

So certain bars and eateries in the square are going to have restrictions forced upon them....and a certain bar and eaterie just off the square will profit from said restrictions......no wonder he goes around cap in hand telling local businesses to support the festival....more fool any of us that do :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

So certain bars and eateries in the square are going to have restrictions forced upon them....and a certain bar and eaterie just off the square will profit from said restrictions......no wonder he goes around cap in hand telling local businesses to support the festival....more fool any of us that do :):D

Why does there have to be an ulterior motive?? I doubt there's any conspiracy going on like you are suggesting.

I'd imagine both bars in the square will have beer taps outside selling to the concert goers??? I think they will do quite well out of that regardless of any restrictions.

The only other place I can think of that might be effected is hill billies...... I'd imagine they will also do quite well from the concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The works on the Mall next year - once it's completed there might be a nice vibe at the weekends especially during the summer if businesses in the Mall area can come together and have concerts, movie screenings etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Chatting with a shop assistant in Heatons last week - Apparently, Sports Direct is taking over whole store as their sports wear (currently called Sportsworld) is the most profitable department by far within Heatons. Dawsons restaurant will be unaffected as that is a separate entity.

She also informed me that Specsavers were relocating from Castle Street to a larger premises on Denny Street. Also that H&M were supposed to be opening in the old Dunnes next to Quinlan's cafe but that was just a rumour....someone else told me it was River Island so who knows....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

ongarboy wrote: »
    Chatting with a shop assistant in Heatons last week - Apparently, Sports Direct is taking over whole store as their sports wear (currently called Sportsworld) is the most profitable department by far within Heatons. Dawsons restaurant will be unaffected as that is a separate entity.

She also informed me that Specsavers were relocating from Castle Street to a larger premises on Denny Street. Also that H&M were supposed to be opening in the old Dunnes next to Quinlan's cafe but that was just a rumour....someone else told me it was River Island so who knows....

Indeed, sports direct have taken all heatons stores in Ireland and the rebranding should be finished by Xmas.
    Specsavers have been looking to move for a while, rent is excessive where they are at the moment .
    As for the old Dunne's building ....I cant see H&M being allowed anywhere near it. Dunne's won't allow anybody that is in any sort of competition with them to take up residence there

you can see the re-branding in heatons now, all bags etc and staff clothing has sports direct on it now

Dunnes are notorious for leaving their stores empty rather than rent to a competitor. The H&M and RiverIsland rumours are going around for years now!

BMobile have opened a unit in Manor shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

How can they be allowed to do that? Ridiculous.

Adiboo wrote: »
    How can they be allowed to do that? Ridiculous.

They own the premises so they don't care! They would rather have an empty building! Once they keep the building from looking derelict the council are happy!

Wouldn't the council prefer if it was given to a business that would put life into the building and bring a few more jobs?

Awful shady business by Dunnes Stores.

What can the council do if Dunnes own the building - surely the council can't do a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

When Dunnes had that place open as a Foodstore/Deli it was a right busy little spot, changing it to a clothes store that time seemed to be a big boo boo.
    I'm surprised they never reopened it as food/Deli, look at the amount of people that cross over to Garveys for their Deli products.

Speaking of Garveys, they have done a great job of their store. It looks really well and they have a great deli now.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭diddlybo

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of someone that will collect a bit of building waste. Not enough there to justify getting a skip really.

• Advertisement

diddlybo wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of someone that will collect a bit of building waste. Not enough there to justify getting a skip really.

Someone with a trailer would do it. I've used James from Multi Maintenance services to take away rubbish etc. https://www.facebook.com/Jwmultimaintenaceservices/

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Speaking of Garveys, they have done a great job of their store. It looks really well and they have a great deli now.
    They made a great job of it alright, it seems huge now!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

I have an integrated microwave that is acting up lately, I think there is something wrong with the door catches,
    does anyone in town fix electrical appliances like this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyone here head to Kilfynn at the weekend for the Enchanted Lands Concert?

Heard it was very good

tfer wrote: »
    I have an integrated microwave that is acting up lately, I think there is something wrong with the door catches,

You could try Joe O'Donnell, he fixes a lot of electrical items (washing machines, ovens etc ). He's really good & reasonable. Give him a buzz & ask if he can do yours. 0872475133

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Thanks for that Ciarrai

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

tfer wrote: »

If its a brand that has an Irish office or distributor you would be best contacting them to get the name of their local service agent. Most brands have agents in each county. As the door may be faulty make sure he checks for radiation leakage. Even if it is leaking it is unlikely to cause any harm, but better safe than sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got that Tralee voucher booklet through the door......not much to write home about.

There's not one in the voucher booklet that interests us either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What kinda vouchers are in it?

Advertisement