Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

siblers wrote: »
    What kinda vouchers are in it?

There's a good number but the terms and conditions on a lot of them are off putting like a €50 minimum spend for a free bottle of house wine at a restaurant. There are some straight 10-20% discounts but most are restrictive. 2 for 1 night at the dogs offer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

kn wrote: »
    There's a good number but the terms and conditions on a lot of them are off putting like a €50 minimum spend for a free bottle of house wine at a restaurant. There are some straight 10-20% discounts but most are restrictive. 2 for 1 night at the dogs offer etc.

Suppose places still want their faces in the booklet without actually having to give "free" stuff away..

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

A bottle of house wine will typically cost €18-20, so getting it free for a €50 spend is a good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

It's nice to get something - the better half was saying there isn't much in it but she will use a few of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Anybody know of a garage that can re gas aircon . its a 2006 car and I haven't had long so not sure if there's a problem or just needs re gassing . I also need tyres so if one of the tyre centres do it that would be sweet .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I had to go about the same aircon issue last year.. €250 I was quoted by main dealer for my 06 wagon... Bit Irish to be honest .. So I did it myself. Got the stuff in Halfords for €70..BUT... you do need to know to what you are doing..

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    I had to go about the same aircon issue last year.. €250 I was quoted by main dealer for my 06 wagon... Bit Irish to be honest .. So I did it myself. Got the stuff in Halfords for €70..BUT... you do need to know to what you are doing..

A few years ago I went to reens in rathmore with my Audi a4 and it cost 90, it worked for couple of months and stopped again .

Is that 70 ?? Its a bit jumbled up . I take it it worked OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Is that 70 ?? Its a bit jumbled up . I take it it worked OK

Yea, E70. The euro symbol created all that jumbled up mess.. It's still working and I've aircon gas leftover to do another top up..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Got a note in the door to say the electricity will be off in our estate in Oakpark on Wednesday 24th Aug from 9am - 6pm!

How can they have it off for that many hours? How are we meant to keep freezers from defrosting etc?
    I've a baby & God knows what I'll do for the day! So annoying!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Got a note in the door to say the electricity will be off in our estate in Oakpark on Wednesday 24th Aug from 9am - 6pm!

How can they have it off for that many hours? How are we meant to keep freezers from defrosting etc?

Hire out a generator?

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Thats pretty annoying, guess they're making a start at fixing the part of the power station out in Laharn that went kaput a few weeks back?

Still a very long time to without power though, like you said causing problems with fridge freezers etc. You also wouldn't want to be running your home heating off the electricity, underfloor heating would take a few days to bring the house back up to temperature if that particular day is cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

A freezer won't defrost in that timespan, keep it closed. Go off out for the day is the handiest thing for no electricity, meet a friend for lunch, plenty of places very buggy friendly. At least it's not winter, cold and dark early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

They always have that written down on the cards they send out just to cover themselves for safety,could be back after few hours!!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

fepper wrote: »
    They always have that written down on the cards they send out just to cover themselves for safety,could be back after few hours!!

Yeah, I'd imagine the power could be switched off at any time between those hours but won't necessarily be out the whole time.

I'd say it'll be on and off intermittently throughout the day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Will just have to make a plan for the day. Still getting used to havibg a newborn around the house (even if he's now 6 weeks!). Should be ok with the freezer for a few hours. At least it's not winter & freezing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Freezer would be fine for up to 24 hrs and maybe longer depending on size of it and how full it is if you don't open it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Intermittent power outage can be dangerous for electrical equipment, if there's a surge when it comes back on you could lose an appliance to an overload.
    Watch what you've left plugged in just in case

A few years ago during bad storm we lost power for over 24hrs and I kept freezer shut . no problem at all .

Icecream at top was a little soft so we had to eat the whole lot which sucked .

I doubt lecy will be off for that full time .

Edit ... What Felix said above... Good point

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It's unlikely the power will be off from 9am-6pm. They specify that time just to ensure no one is depending on supply during those hours, and if something goes wrong during the actual time they need to use they have time to spare.

Festival kicks off today,first qualifying night on later,its like the Olympics this year with the heats :D

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/patrick-freyne-s-guide-to-the-rose-of-tralee-1.2757872

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

I hear the riot squad is on standby for Nathan Carter. Can't say I'm surprised.

Festival kicks off today,first qualifying night on later,its like the Olympics this year with the heats :D

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/patrick-freyne-s-guide-to-the-rose-of-tralee-1.2757872

I heard from a very reliable source in the town that a lot of the Russian roses are drugged up, AND that the judges are being paid off..

Not sure how accurate that is, but it's what I heard :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Weather is supposed to be brutal for the weekend and the start of next week,bound to have an affect on people attending street events

The_Mac wrote: »
    I hear the riot squad is on standby for Nathan Carter. Can't say I'm surprised.

Rumours abound of a block booking for 1000-1200 tickets by a certain organisation....I think it's just a bit of pre-festival hysteria

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Took my small fella to the aquadome at the weekend . I can't believe they're still asking 15 per adult for that place and 12 for over 3s. Was only there for an hour too and he wanted to go

Won't be back ant time soon ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

So has the Brandon been sold or not? Just heard the rumour this evening?

So has the Brandon been sold or not? Just heard the rumour this evening?

Ongoing story with many false starts, but it seems that it may be in American hands quite soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ongoing story with many false starts, but it seems that it may be in American hands quite soon
    Is it still unionised? I'd imagine nobody would touch it with a barge pole if it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Weather is supposed to be brutal for the weekend and the start of next week,bound to have an affect on people attending street events

A press release has already been prepared that will state that the crowds are down on last year..... Oh wait, that statement has been released every year since 1988!!!!

Advertisement