Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It still says €2.50 on the front of the paper (as of last week anyway). They only increased the price from €2.00 to €2.50 about 3 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The guys from Croi restaurant have a new food truck opened next to surf 'n sail in the Abbey carpark called Banditos street food. I'd highly recommend it, the steak is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Parade on Sunday through the streets, between 3 and 4 for those who wish to attend or avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hello all. Does anyone know if there is a business that dyes clothes in the area ( or outside it)?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The traffic was nuts going into Manor this afternoon! I was only going to Ballyseedy woods for a walk but saw the traffic when I ran into the Bookshelf for a coffee! I haven't been near the place since the two new businesses opened but I might go early some morning rather than do it on a weekend. its always crazy on the run up to Christmas anyway. We usually park further over near Mr Price and walk over rather than driving around in circles trying to park in the main carpark!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think it's a case of avoiding Manor at weekends between now and Christmas. I was there last Wednesday morning and while busy, was fine for parking.

JYSK has some lovely furniture and homewares for remarkably cheap prices without the items looking cheap. I suppose similar to IKEA in many respects.

I wasn't that gone on The Range being honest. The homeware stock was similar to what you'd get in Woodies and a lot of it was kind of cheap and tacky looking, especially the Christmas decorations for sale. Apparently its a good place to go for arts and craft products. The store is huge though.

Definitely better to go up in the morning and not leave it until close to Christmas! We haven't even started Santa shopping yet so we need to get onto that urgently! It doesn't help that our 5 year old keeps changing his mind! lol

I went into JYSK and the Range this morning for the first time. I can't say I was overly impressed. JYSK is a bit on the cheap side, definitely not as good as IKEA. Very understocked too, lots of empty shelves. The Range is just mad the amount of stock it has! I couldn't really stay long, but the shop is so big! it is really a mix of Woodies, Mr Price and Homestore and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Advertisement

The 'Free' parking for the Christmas season begins on November 29th until January 2nd 2022. This year its free all day, but there are terms and conditions, so it will be a 2 hour stay in some carparks and 4 hours in others.

All details here Free Parking Details Announced For Christmas Period - traleetoday.ie

There seems to be some work going on in the old Croi restaurant in the Square.

There's also work going on in the upstairs restaurant area of Manor shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Heard that JAM were going into Manor.. Tea/Coffee Crepes etc in the diary Gloria Jeans, with heavier stuff upstairs in the old Debenhams restaurant....

Hope it is Jam. That is exactly the type of restaurant that would make people go to the centre for just the lunch or brunch alone. Their food and desserts are fab!

That's good! Hopefully it is them. As other post said, they do great food!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

deleted my post - found an answer on line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Once they don't ask the same prices for a coffee as Gloria's. At nearly 5e a cup it was bordering in St Marks Square prices 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And it was pretty bad coffee, too, at Gloria's. To go with the usually stale pastry

Oh, and a fairly attitudinal wait-staff too. No loss now that they're gone, there are lots better coffee shops around Tralee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

To be fair I was only caught out once and I was new to tralee

That shop 'Telefone' in Bridge street has closed down. Not sure when. Yet another empty until on that strip to add to the numerous others!

I did notice the name has gone up over that new restaurant opposite the Brogue. I think it was 'Northsouth'?

Rockalilly has also reopened on Castle street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Forge woodfired pizzas are opening a food trailer in the aquadome carpark. They are out in Castlegregoy also and they make some of the best pizzas I've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

First visit to Jysq yesterday. Helpful friendly staff, but we were underwhelmed with the quality of a lot of the office furniture we looked at. We were looking for a desk but you could see that 'fresh out of the box' the stuff didn't assemble well, misalignment and dents in all the desks we looked at.

We did buy an area rug and a nice office chair (after testing every one, some were very disappointing.)

They do have a great website, though. Shipping to us out on the peninsula is prohibitive so it'll be 'click and collect' in the future.

Basically, I'd call it 'poor man's Ikea.' A lot closer than Ikea though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's great to hear. They're pretty good alright. Some of the quality coming out of food trucks around the place is amazing, would be good to see more of it around Tralee.

Finally, some decent food options in Manor West SC!! Well done on who gave the heads up on Jam last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I saw that Forge container at the Aquadome today and wondered! I love their pizza, that would be a great addition to town not to mention Jam in Manor!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Anyone know who or what is driving around town over the last few weeks on a yellow motor bike dressed in yellow furry costume. is it some type of promotion or advertising...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Does anyine know when Ballymullen Barracks stopped being used full time? I kow it's been opening full time for the last 18 months. But when the PDF was last based there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

I seen the Chamber have a post on soil media saying how Amazon, eBay etc aren't good for local economy etc Fair enough that's true. Yet not so long ago they were telling everyone how great Amazon were when launching work from home jobs 🙄🙄

Advertisement