Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

In Kerry's Eye today,they hoping to expand the festival in the future,make it a countywide festival,

ongarboy wrote: »
    A press release has already been prepared that will state that the crowds are down on last year..... Oh wait, that statement has been released every year since 1988!!!!

One place that the crowds always seem to be during the festival is in the Mall Tavern!! Xmas and the festival packed out the door,tumbleweed then for the rest of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

I hear there was a right brawl in the square last night. Town was also packed with Leaving Cert lads falling around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The_Mac wrote: »
    I hear there was a right brawl in the square last night. Town was also packed with Leaving Cert lads falling around the place.

I'd say that happened in every town in Ireland last night:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

A lot of people giving out about access to various businesses in the square in the evening & that security asked some customers to leave a bar to be told by management no. They are apparently trying to charge the full ticket price & someone put up a post on the Rose of Tralee Facebook page complaining with a photo of big barriers outside an cearnog blocking any vision to the stage. Loads of complaints following that post! Including a manager from Hillbillys who said its killing them!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154321027509627&set=o.225566310788033&type=3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

I was out last night and it is an absolute fckin farce!!
    Hillbilly's is deserted because you're not left inside the barrier . I really, really hope they sue the Rose festival for loss of earnings.... Possibly the biggest week of the year and they've been screwed
    An Cearnóg is screened off.....but....you can go to no 4 the square, have a pint and watch the shows!!
    Took this 1 pic to illustrate from the smoking area

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    A lot of people giving out about access to various businesses in the square in the evening & that security asked some customers to leave a bar to be told by management no. They are apparently trying to charge the full ticket price & someone put up a post on the Rose of Tralee Facebook page complaining with a photo of big barriers outside an cearnog blocking any vision to the stage. Loads of complaints following that post! Including a manager from Hillbillys who said its killing them!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154321027509627&set=o.225566310788033&type=3

I was there also last night , great gig nice to have it seated under the canopy in such horrible weather.

I can't see the issue with the screens to be honest ??

Yes they are blocking the view of customers to the stage but these people didn't purchase tickets??? Naturally they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the entertainment?? Why should I pay and they not??

I had a drink in the cearnog after and I was told that they received special wrist bands that allowed there regulars access to the bar???

Well there are issues with access to the bar...I wasn't allowed thru, hillbilly's is completely cut off and as you see from my pic you can watch unhindered from No4....and that will remain the case thru the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I remember many years ago, paying acts appeared in the Dome during the festival and everything on the street was free.
    What was wrong with this?

I remember many years ago, paying acts appeared in the Dome during the festival and everything on the street was free.
    What was wrong with this?

I would love to see the accounts for the festival.
    Sponsorship, outgoings, wages, backhanders, street entertainment etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I would love to see the accounts for the festival.
    Sponsorship, outgoings, wages, backhanders, street entertainment etc

Shouldn't the businesses who sponsor every year be entitled to see those accounts?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the businesses who sponsor every year be entitled to see those accounts?

It should be completely transparent, .....but it isn't and I wonder why

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Festival kicks off today,first qualifying night on later,its like the Olympics this year with the heats :D

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/patrick-freyne-s-guide-to-the-rose-of-tralee-1.2757872

Whose doing the dope testing!!

It should be completely transparent, .....but it isn't and I wonder why

Because with the ****e acts they've brought in on top of charging 15 euro to see what used to be free street entertainment, it's obvious that some people are getting a lot of money in their back pocket.

Soap box race and Tenacity dance routine all cancelled this eve.
    On a brighter note, Fidget Feet did a Fairy Trail thru the green today and are doing another at 4... well worth it for kids

Parade just passing thru....poor rosebuds got saturated :(

with the reports of yellow and orange alerts it probably shouldn't have gone ahead imo

The fireworks looked well, from what I could see of them from my bedroom! I didn't go in tonight as I didn't want the baby out in this weather.

How about this for an idea if they are going countywide with the festival, Twin a Rose with a village, like the way they twin with the different pubs around the town

http://traleetoday.ie/photos-roses-pop-pubs-twinned/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I wonder is the airshow on today?

loopymum wrote: »
    I wonder is the airshow on today?

No airshow this year , there is a parachute jump...but that depends on the wind at the moment I'd think

• Advertisement

The Rose qualifiers for the live show

MONDAY 22nd August

Kilkenny, New Orleans, Cavan, Kentucky, Monaghan, South Carolina, Ottawa, Germany, Cork, Abu Dhabi, Kildare, Queensland, Louth, Sydney, Scotland, Newcastle/Gateshead, Newfoundland & Labrador and Roscommon.

TUESDAY 23rd August

Melbourne, Kerry, Texas, Offaly, Philadelphia, Galway, Chicago, Wicklow, Ohio, Longford, North Carolina, London, New Zealand and South Australia.

Surprising lack of Irish county roses there.

I tell ya whatever way the wind was last night, we could hear Bon Jovee clearly from my house and it's about a 20 minute walk from Dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Why oh why on what is probably the busiest Sunday of the year for traffic in Tralee throw a 5k run into the mix which chokes up half the town. :confused:

The_Mac wrote: »
    Surprising lack of Irish county roses there.

I tell ya whatever way the wind was last night, we could hear Bon Jovee clearly from my house and it's about a 20 minute walk from Dome.

Yeah I could hear music from top of Oakpark last night!

Christ what a washout! Weather killing any hope of street entertainment or family day in the park.
    The balloon release in memory of Helen O'Connor went ahead, but that's about all really

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The balloon release was a lovely thing to do, but a different location, the balloons ended up in the trees, some kiddies were having a great time fishing them out of the hedge and sending them on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Balloons were floating around us in Oakpark too.

It was supposed to happen in the garden of remembrance which is a clear area, but the weather was so bad they did it under the trees

Last night was some wash out as well,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Can one buy the disco tickets (tomorrow night) immediately at the doors? Or is it only online? Thanks

Advertisement