Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Can one buy the disco tickets (tomorrow night) immediately at the doors? Or is it only online? Thanks

You can get them on the night as well, should be a ticket office outside the dome.

Rose Hotel owner believes permanent dome will soon become a reality

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/rose-hotel-owner-believes-permanent-dome-will-soon-become-a-reality/

This is been talked about for a long time,it would great if it is finally built.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Can one buy the disco tickets (tomorrow night) immediately at the doors? Or is it only online? Thanks

Pau

Paid on the door last year altho was a messy queue
    What age are ya can i ask

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Noticed when passing today that work has started on the new Lidl on Edward St.

Great that we'll finally be rid of that eyesore and something useful in its place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Anyone watch the documentary on RTE1 this eve 'The Road to the Dome'?
    I quite enjoyed it! Would have been nice of they showed a little but more about the history of the festival maybe!?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Anyone watch the documentary on RTE1 this eve 'The Road to the Dome'?
    I quite enjoyed it! Would have been nice of they showed a little but more about the history of the festival maybe!?
    Yes, I thought it showed the festival in a good light, and the girls came across as a sound bunch out for a good time rather than 'lovely girls'
    I thought Anthony o Gara came across like a strict teacher at one point though!

Some very fake girls in it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Bit of drama for the roses tonight: what a complete d1ckhead though interrupting like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

cyning wrote: »
    Bit of drama for the roses tonight: what a complete d1ckhead though interrupting like that.

What happened? The only controversy I heard was a rose talkinng about repealing the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

An idiot from Fathers4justice stormed the stage and started roaring! Rte went to an ad break but he was brought to the ground and pulled off stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

cyning wrote: »
    An idiot from Fathers4justice stormed the stage and started roaring! Rte went to an ad break but he was brought to the ground and pulled off stage :)

Still lolling at people on Facebook putting up statuses about the "Farmers for justice" guy on the Rose of Tralee :D

In fairness though, what a clown..

Fair enough he wanted to make his point and create awareness of the issue, but don't go ruining that poor girls moment on stage, could've "stormed" the stage when it was just Daithi up there or something..

Don't think he's done this group any favours imo

How did Nathan Carter go last night anyway? Any incidents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The_Mac wrote: »
    How did Nathan Carter go last night anyway? Any incidents?

One man tore his own ears off and fed them to his dog rather than hearing the wagon wheel chorus for the 398th time in a row. Pretty quiet otherwise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    One man tore his own ears off and fed them to his dog rather than hearing the wagon wheel chorus for the 398th time in a row. Pretty quiet otherwise.

:D good one!!
    Wonder have the committee already booked him again for next year!?:rolleyes:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

:D good one!!
    Wonder have the committee already booked him again for next year!?:rolleyes:;)

He's got a 10 year contract as it is :D

He's got a 10 year contract as it is :D

What year is he on now? Lol :rolleyes:

What year is he on now? Lol :rolleyes:

4? :)

Getting alot of negative feedback on facebook

bigpink wrote: »

The festival in general or Carter?
    I've seen all the negativity about the square etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

bigpink wrote: »

Can you post a link?

kn wrote: »
    Can you post a link?

It's on various different pages, but take a look on the Rose of Tralee Facebook page & you'll see plenty! https://www.facebook.com/roseoftraleefestival/

I think the festival needs to get back to basics again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

I think the festival needs to get back to basics again

Its gone corporate now,the peasants not wanted

Well, since the council want suggestions for the old Denny's site, why not make it available to the festival committee next year for paid gigs ?
    It's in the town centre, not a main walkway, wouldn't affect any local business at 9pm and would hold a large crowd

So electricity seems to be off In our estate (which we were notified of) so that TLI can do works, which we weren't notified of! They are drilling all over the place & now our house alarm is going off & can't be stopped! I am going mad already! 😡
    Dont know why TLI didn't bother to notify us of these works.

Myself and the OH were walking up from the Dome last night and we were just thinking how wonderful the Festival must be for people who come over from abroad with no pre-conceived notions/prejudice about Tralee. It is some setup in fairness as long as you stay away from the drunken teenagers.

Ah lads the reviews of the festival are absolutely gas on Facebook. The amount of people losing their **** over what the Sydney rose said is priceless.

Lots of people (young wans) giving out about the dome after party.

Was there myself, Andrew Morrissey was dj'ing and he had to cut the music for about 20 mins to ask people to stand back from the bar as it was getting crowded.

He then started getting abuse from a few drunk fools, he got ratty and kept the music off, repeatedly asking people to step back from the bar.

Eventually the staff/security brought in barriers and set up a queue.

Tbf they really should have anticipated there was going to be a crush at the bar and set up the barrier before hand.

Andrew got the tunes going anyway in the end, I'd say he would've preferred to be anywhere else than there last night..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

So electricity seems to be off In our estate (which we were notified of) so that TLI can do works, which we weren't notified of! They are drilling all over the place & now our house alarm is going off & can't be stopped! I am going mad already! 😡
    Dont know why TLI didn't bother to notify us of these works.

On the plus side, it means Siro is coming to your estate so you'll be able to avail of FTTH broadband.

Advertisement