Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Would there be much happening in tralee tonight? Was half thinking of going back for the night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Went last year for the first time and id thought it was poor enough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Would there be much happening in tralee tonight? Was half thinking of going back for the night?

The festival is officially over as of last night, but there may still be something on around the place. Not sure to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    The festival is officially over as of last night, but there may still be something on around the place. Not sure to be honest.
    Other than the amusements, very little I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was there any few around last night?

They were saying on the radio today that it was quiet enough

Heard about the Dome today,have avoided it the last few years,pay money to get in and then spend the rest of the night ducking and diving up against the bar trying to get a drink,

No matter how many bar staff they have working there is always a long wait at the bar,

Maybe having a set number of tickets for sale might be the way forward,once there all sold stop letting people in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has BTS gym in manor closed down? I drove by it today and the signage is gone and the Windows/door was all covered up with black bags.

I also see that Suits Select is moving from Manor down to the old BuyLo unit across from the Austin Stacks park.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

Has BTS gym in manor closed down? I drove by it today and the signage is gone and the Windows/door was all covered up with black bags.

I also see that Suits Select is moving from Manor down to the old BuyLo unit across from the Austin Stacks park.

There appears to be a campervan parked stuck to the front of BTS blocking the entrance.. Very strange.

They only recently ran a big promotional push for members. I hope people don't loose money on membership

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

0325422 wrote: »
    There appears to be a campervan parked stuck to the front of BTS blocking the entrance.. Very strange.

They only recently ran a big promotional push for members. I hope people don't loose money on membership

Yer man who runs it is chancing his arm I'd say. For a while it was only him in there suddenly he hires a load of staff, knew they wouldn't be able to keep the members.

I just saw this on their Facebook page:
    Apparently they've been closed due to water damage. Not sure why all his signage is down, cos that's making it look closed down to be honest!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTS365Kerry/

Update:

Hi all thank you for your patience and understanding so far . I know it's frustrating not been able to workout but believe me no one is as frustrated as me.

Unfortunately we will be closed tomorrow and it's not because we are gone bust which I heard tonight.

There will be a more concise update tomorrow where I will be able to expand further.

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Don't think he has much in the way of business sense to be truthful, everything he does just smacks of desperation while seeming to believe everyone is out to get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didnt Suits select get flooded last winter?

Good to see something is happening with the Buy Lo unit

As for BTS,it must be very hard to make a living with a gym these days,there are so many different ones now around,id say that Cross Fit one in Monavalley is doing very well, seems to be the new craze

0325422 wrote: »

He's getting very sharp with comments on his page of members asking what's happening. He doesn't need to be so rude, these are his customers & they are entitled to ask why the place is closed up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Hes just posted that he's had to shut his door because the new owners are hiking prices and it's in the hands if his lawyers, looking for a new premises supposedly

From the BTS FB page:

As you maybe aware the entire park was purchased by Shortmore Limited a number of months ago. Since then 50% of the tenants have either left or being forced out and unfortunately I am one of them.

My solicitors whom are now dealing with this matter on my behalf and have advised that the actions taken by the landlord are illegal and will be taking the matter further.

I am actively looking for a new premises and would invite all members to contact regarding your subscriptions, and request all members to attend a general meeting in the meadowlands hotel on saturday(time to be confirmed) to discuss this this matter further.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

From the BTS FB page:

As you maybe aware the entire park was purchased by Shortmore Limited a number of months ago. Since then 50% of the tenants have either left or being forced out and unfortunately I am one of them.

My solicitors whom are now dealing with this matter on my behalf and have advised that the actions taken by the landlord are illegal and will be taking the matter further.

I am actively looking for a new premises and would invite all members to contact regarding your subscriptions, and request all members to attend a general meeting in the meadowlands hotel on saturday(time to be confirmed) to discuss this this matter further.

Niall

Disgrace. "Flooding", but all signs were down and caravan up against door. Website taken down. Recent push for members. Horrible.

Disgrace. "Flooding", but all signs were down and caravan up against door. Website taken down. Recent push for members. Horrible.

He should just be honest from the start & not bullsh*t his customers. I bet there are a lot of members now worried about losing their money. It's not nice for a business to be in trouble, but don't lie to customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

I just checked his website and it's still up :confused:

I know nothing about the man, but to try bullsh1tting his customers that it was water damage that had him closed when it clearly wasnt, was very sneaky.
    I'm sure many will remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

I know nothing about the man, but to try bullsh1tting his customers that it was water damage that had him closed when it clearly wasnt, was very sneaky.
    I'm sure many will remember that.

RED FLAG ALERT statement alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wonder what the new landlords intentions are if they're trying to price out the existing tenants? Are they trying to turn it into a Manor like retail park with more big name chain store tenants that can afford higher rents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Remember this guy in the wars on Facebook a few months ago too, claiming someone had set up a fake profile with his name on it (surname spelled wrong), and had posted defamatory stuff under his name.

Kind of felt sorry for him at the time, but still got the feeling he was a bit of a cowboy and has no great sense of business/customer service as previously pointed out.

The latest stunt by him will definitely leave a sour taste in paying customers mouths. Why couldn't he have been upfront from the start instead of blaming all this on water damage.

As far as I can see there isn't much of a difference between a new landlord moving in and asking for more rent and this guy taking a few hundred euro of gym membership from people last week and shutting up shop this week.

kerryked wrote: »
    Remember this guy in the wars on Facebook a few months ago too, claiming someone had set up a fake profile with his name on it (surname spelled wrong), and had posted defamatory stuff under his name.

Kind of felt sorry for him at the time, but still got the feeling he was a bit of a cowboy and has no great sense of business/customer service as previously pointed out.

The latest stunt by him will definitely leave a sour taste in paying customers mouths. Why couldn't he have been upfront from the start instead of blaming all this on water damage.

As far as I can see there isn't much of a difference between a new landlord moving in and asking for more rent and this guy taking a few hundred euro of gym membership from people last week and shutting up shop this week.

They were cold calling businesses recently too trying to get memberships! My husband got a call in work but he told them no as he wasn't impressed with the customer service when he used it last year.

All is okay.. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to class. Spread the word class 6.45pm Banna beach rain hail or snow. Just to keep things together for everyone.

All is okay.. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to class. Spread the word class 6.45pm Banna beach rain hail or snow. Just to keep things together for everyone.

Hope there's no hail or snow.....being August & all that! Lol :D

Hope there's no hail or snow.....being August & all that! Lol :D

They can always take cover in the camper van!

Anyone tried out that new French restaurant Le Rustique yet? Haven't heard much about it at all

I see on their Facebook page that they're opening for lunches next week so hopefully that's a good sign.

I've just been reading a serious amount of bad reviews on the Roae of Tralee Facebook page! Many were about the abortion issue being briefly mentioned by the Sydney Rose! There is also one there by the Down Rose who seems to have serious sour grapes by the sounds of it! It's not been a good year PR wise for the festival!
    https://www.facebook.com/roseoftraleefestival/

I've just been reading a serious amount of bad reviews on the Roae of Tralee Facebook page! Many were about the abortion issue being briefly mentioned by the Sydney Rose! There is also one there by the Down Rose who seems to have serious sour grapes by the sounds of it! It's not been a good year PR wise for the festival!
    https://www.facebook.com/roseoftraleefestival/

Haven't seen much of the reviews myself - not too bothered really.

Are people giving out about the fact that abortion was mentioned at all and that the festival shouldn't be used as a political platform Ciarrai?

You can't really have it both ways - if you're going to ban women talking about issues such as abortion etc, it's a lovely girls competition. If you don't want it to be a lovely girls competition you've got to allow discussion on pertinent social issues.

I did see something (possibly on here) about the Roses being interviewed in private and asked about their opinions on a range of different topics, and that they were judged on these views. Also so something about Mary Kennedy "strongly disagreeing" (paraphrasing) with what the Sydney Rose said. As the head of the judging panel I would have expected more understanding from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There has been a bit of a misconception about the Square this year. It is not the case of only being ticketed for a couple of hours, at least on the initial nights. They barricaded all four entrances and cleared the Square of the public from the main gathering point in Town prior to the gigs. Although in practice some people were 'more equal than others' as both An Creanog and No4ontheSquare 'regulars' had full access to the Square unticketed by arrangement. Although this seems to have all changed by Sunday night when the barriers were softer and no one was being kicked off the Square in advance of the gigs but everyone, including patrons of both the pubs, had to have a ticket entering the Square after 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Reading some of the reviews on the Facebook page, there are so many people out there who would be more suited to living in 1950s Ireland. Amazing how people can get so upset over the rose who spoke about Repel The 8th

Advertisement