Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

thinktwice wrote: »
    Hilarious Felix Jones is God! I just hadn't heard the hotel was for sale! :p

Ah, it's an ongoing saga for a year or so, buy if your throw enough money at anything it's always for sale.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Apparently central plaza was sold for excess of €10m!

Did Donie Horan own this?

http://traleetoday.ie/central-plaza-building-sells-excess-e10m/

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Always feel like they could do with more with the Tesco end of it, between the cars driving around the car park, taxis picking people up from Tesco and people trying to cross in between that railing it's a bit of a disaster.
    Hope no tennants are affected by rent increases (purely speculation), as the stores that are down there are the kind of quality that Tralee needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I seem to to remember that Kellihers (Toyota Garage) owned that.

I seem to to remember that Kellihers (Toyota Garage) owned that.

I think both sides of the plaza are owned between Horans and Michael Kelliher 1935 who were involved in the construction of An SeanMhuilleann, but they may have sold their share many years ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just wondering if anyone here who have kids, can advise how soon should a baby be enrolled into childcare and if I could get some recommendations?
    Preferably ones who are flexible as it won't be a full week. Baby is only 8 weeks, so not back to work until December, but not sure when I should be sorting it out!

Just wondering if anyone here who have kids, can advise how soon should a baby be enrolled into childcare and if I could get some recommendations?
    Preferably ones who are flexible as it won't be a full week. Baby is only 8 weeks, so not back to work until December, but not sure when I should be sorting it out!

Depends on what you're looking for to be truthful.
    Are you looking for a private minder? Some can charge €13.00 an hour, the majority around €10.00. If you're talking crèche, there are a load of options, St Brigid's in Hawley park take children at a very early age , but you have to get your name in quickly as they are always busy and preference is given to people living or working in that area of town
    Other than that, Sunflowers crèche in Pembroke square are brilliant, contact Davena as I'm not sure what is their lower age limit .
    Also, Oakview village childcare are brilliant and have win some national awards, Clodagh or Niamh should give you some idea as to their age groupings
    Hope this helps a little

Depends on what you're looking for to be truthful.
    Are you looking for a private minder? Some can charge €13.00 an hour, the majority around €10.00. If you're talking crèche, there are a load of options, St Brigid's in Hawley park take children at a very early age , but you have to get your name in quickly as they are always busy and preference is given to people living or working in that area of town
    Other than that, Sunflowers crèche in Pembroke square are brilliant, contact Davena as I'm not sure what is their lower age limit .
    Also, Oakview village childcare are brilliant and have win some national awards, Clodagh or Niamh should give you some idea as to their age groupings
    Hope this helps a little

Thanks for the info, must check them out.

Has anyone been into Seanacara in Edward street yet? I saw they have a Facebook page (although only a friend page rather than a business page which you like). They are more a deli than the other one in town. I haven't been into it yet so not sure what it's like.

I noticed that the clothes shop 'Divas' (was divas & dudes) on castle st has closed down.

Oh and I heard Toni's at Clash roundabout are doing fish & chips now and is meant to be very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Has anyone been into Seanacara in Edward street yet? I saw they have a Facebook page (although only a friend page rather than a business page which you like). They are more a deli than the other one in town. I haven't been into it yet so not sure what it's like.

I noticed that the clothes shop 'Divas' (was divas & dudes) on castle st has closed down.

Oh and I heard Toni's at Clash roundabout are doing fish & chips now and is meant to be very good!

I didnt even know Seancara had opened another shop!

I was in Toni's a few weeks ago and thought it was very sparse in there, so no harm if they have added something new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Going to start giving irish grinds on Monday evenings if anybody is in need.

All levels.

Tralee / killarney.

Pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Hey everyone, hope it's ok to post this in this thread,

I have just been offered a part time course in IT Tralee which will be starting on the 14th of this month, as I'm from the midlands I will have to move down and also look for part time work along with the course,

The only thing is it seems impossible at this stage to find any accomodation, I have spent half the day ringing people, I was just wondering does anyone know of anybody that's renting a spare room or know of some house shares, it will have to be around the town as I've only got a bike,

I've tried the usual websites like daft.ie, rent.ie and have rang the student union but they all the accomodation is full on the list they have,

Hopefully someone can help me out and point me in the right direction haha, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Dpg21 wrote: »

I have just been offered a part time course in IT Tralee which will be starting on the 14th of this month, as I'm from the midlands I will have to move down and also look for part time work along with the course,

The only thing is it seems impossible at this stage to find any accomodation, I have spent half the day ringing people, I was just wondering does anyone know of anybody that's renting a spare room or know of some house shares, it will have to be around the town as I've only got a bike,

I've tried the usual websites like daft.ie, rent.ie and have rang the student union but they all the accomodation is full on the list they have,

Hopefully someone can help me out and point me in the right direction haha, thanks

Have you tried this place?

http://www.daft.ie/kerry/residential-property-for-rent/tralee/kings-court-manor-west-tralee-tralee-kerry-1674461/

hi, yeah I text that one earlier, I got a reply just now saying its full,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Can anyone tell me where I could buy arm bands for children in Tralee?
    I checked Heatons and Tesco but no Joy, Im not in Tralee often so im not sure where to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

pcuser wrote: »
    I checked Heatons and Tesco but no Joy, Im not in Tralee often so im not sure where to try.

Best bet would probably be either the aqua dome or the complex. They usually have them for sale at the shop/reception there.

Other than that, I'm not too sure tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Argos have armbands on their website, you'll have to check which ones are available in Tralee.

hi, yeah I text that one earlier, I got a reply just now saying its full,

Did you get in touch with the student union for advice. I think they have a list of accommodation.

pcuser wrote: »

Did you try Hennerbys sport shop in Ashe street or any of the sport shops? The aqua dome do sell them in reception.

Did you try Hennerbys sport shop in Ashe street or any of the sport shops? The aqua dome do sell them in reception.

I did not, Im not too familar with Tralee but checked the location on google maps, Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Try An Sean Mhuillean student appartments on 0667119412 or Kings Court Student Appartments on 0667193600

Yeah Ive got in contact with the student union, all the contacts they have are full, I've also already rang an Sean mhuillean, Kings court and other student complexes, all full, at this stage I've rang every number I could find and still getting nowhere, I think my only chance at the moment is if someone pulls out last minute in the student complexes and if get the room, otherwise it's looking like il have to give up the course or become homeless😂 Anyways thanks for the replies

Yeah Ive got in contact with the student union, all the contacts they have are full, I've also already rang an Sean mhuillean, Kings court and other student complexes, all full, at this stage I've rang every number I could find and still getting nowhere, I think my only chance at the moment is if someone pulls out last minute in the student complexes and if get the room, otherwise it's looking like il have to give up the course or become homeless😂 Anyways thanks for the replies

Did you Try Daft.ie look through the shared accommodation section?

There's a group page on Facebook called tralee do you know, try posting there too as there may be someone renting a room there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/581382515326141/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Yeah iv tried daft.ie, rent.ie, gumtree ect, all that's left is the ones that I would need a car for,

Cool I didn't know about that Facebook page.thanks, I looked it up and it's a closed group so I've sent a request to join, il let ye know how that goes ha,
    It's crazy, I havnt found it this difficult to find a room to rent since I was in Christchurch and that was because the earthquake knocked half the place down

I was just wondering also does anyone know it there is smaller towns outside Tralee that has early morning bus connections to Tralee ?

Yeah I saw it on Facebook, sounds awful.

I was just wondering also does anyone know it there is smaller towns outside Tralee that has early morning bus connections to Tralee ?

Killorglin, Milltown and Castlemaine have a bus to Tralee at 8am. Killorglin would be the biggest of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Quackster wrote: »
    It is a rather bizarre decision as it goes against the town and county development plans and the recommendation of ABP's own inspector to reject planning. Joe O'Connor must be spitting fire as he submitted a very robust and well-argued appeal!

It will be the death of the filling station in the Horan Centre anyway and will only add to traffic congestion on JJS Road.

I noticed a suit shop opened in the closed down Buy Lo supermarket opposite the new filling station site today. An odd location for it in fairness. Suit Select I think is their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

As its a part-time course how many days a week are involved? As something like the single rooms in the the old Westward Court in Mary St might be more economical for you.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    I noticed a suit shop opened in the closed down Buy Lo supermarket opposite the new filling station site today. An odd location for it in fairness. Suit Select I think is their name.

Yeah, they moved from Manor.

Advertisement