Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

pcuser wrote: »
    Dpg21 wrote: »
    I was just wondering also does anyone know it there is smaller towns outside Tralee that has early morning bus connections to Tralee ?
    Killorglin, Milltown and Castlemaine have a bus to Tralee at 8am. Killorglin would be the biggest of the three.
    Killarney and Listowel also have early buses to Tralee. Killarney is particularly well connected with an hourly bus and two-hourly train and would definitely be my first choice to be commuting to/from Tralee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

So what's happening with BTS gym? Did anyone hear? I know he moved his classes to Blennerville school, but what about those who go to the gym, what's happening with them & their memberships?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lana Asian street food is opening in Ashe street on Friday at 5pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Thanks for all the replies everyone, still have had no luck finding anywhere, everywhere is either full, won't rent to students or only want to rent to females,right now it's looking like il be cancelling my course tomorrow which is a shame, but it's not all bad as iv had a plan B which I'm going to start working towards, basically work like a dog for the next 6-12 months and move back to Asia

Thanks for all the replies everyone, still have had no luck finding anywhere, everywhere is either full, won't rent to students or only want to rent to females,right now it's looking like il be cancelling my course tomorrow which is a shame, but it's not all bad as iv had a plan B which I'm going to start working towards, basically work like a dog for the next 6-12 months and move back to Asia

You should check the local papers tomorrow, The Kerryman and the Kerry's Eye. They may have ads in them for accommodation. Also check the notice boards in the supermarkets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

I've been to their places in Limerick and can safely say it's divine, not over priced either and the portion sizes are great. Can't wait to have this in Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

get a bnb for a week or so while ya look around

dont cancel your course. massive over reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ya try air bnb,book in for a few weeks and search around for a place,you never know,someone on your course might know of some where there is a room available.

Plus there are bound to be signs up on notice boards in the college or you'll hear from other students of rooms going. Don't cancel your course until you know for sure there are no other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

As was said earlier, put a request up on the Tralee do you know facebook page. There's always something useful there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/581382515326141/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Don't bother with that page, it's full of people asking the same stupid questions and people whining about what to do with loud music playing neighbours.... avoid unless the height of your request is where you can cheap car insurance ..for the 24th time his week,

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Thanks everyone, ok il explain the situation I'm in and why I am a bit reluctant to go for a Airbnb or hostel for the first few weeks, basically il be funding all of this study by myself, not elegable for a grant because I wasn't in the country for 3 of the last 5 years, can't get back to education because I'm not on the dole, the course I'd be doing requires me to buy books and equipment that would be around 400, and then a hostel or Airbnb would be a minimum of 150-200 a week, I have also got a night shift job here in Offaly which I would obviously have to give up( I live in a rural area so it's difficult to get any type of work here)
    Basically what I'm saying is I'm not willing to spend that money and lose out on a job on the hope that a room will become available in a week or 2, because if one doesn't become available I would have wasted my time, my money and lost my job with a high chance of ending up on the dole because there's still not a lot of workaround here.

I requested to join the Facebook page but it hasn't been accepted so I can't write a comment on the page, I was also in Tralee last week and checked the notice board in manor west, mostly just stuff for sale,
    Thanks any ways for the replies everyone, like I said earlier I have a plan B in place and will just focus on that, it's a course I know I really want so I'm just looking at this as a set back really because I know I will eventually get it done, only difference is it will probably be in a different country

Thanks everyone, ok il explain the situation I'm in and why I am a bit reluctant to go for a Airbnb or hostel for the first few weeks, basically il be funding all of this study by myself, not elegable for a grant because I wasn't in the country for 3 of the last 5 years, can't get back to education because I'm not on the dole, the course I'd be doing requires me to buy books and equipment that would be around 400, and then a hostel or Airbnb would be a minimum of 150-200 a week, I have also got a night shift job here in Offaly which I would obviously have to give up( I live in a rural area so it's difficult to get any type of work here)
    Basically what I'm saying is I'm not willing to spend that money and lose out on a job on the hope that a room will become available in a week or 2, because if one doesn't become available I would have wasted my time, my money and lost my job with a high chance of ending up on the dole because there's still not a lot of workaround here.

I requested to join the Facebook page but it hasn't been accepted so I can't write a comment on the page, I was also in Tralee last week and checked the notice board in manor west, mostly just stuff for sale,
    Thanks any ways for the replies everyone, like I said earlier I have a plan B in place and will just focus on that, it's a course I know I really want so I'm just looking at this as a set back really because I know I will eventually get it done, only difference is it will probably be in a different country

If you got the offer through the CAO, there'll probably be the option to defer the course for a year which might suit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

That Tralee do you know page makes Tralee look like its full of morons .By the way where's the cheapest place to get a pint of milk

That Tralee do you know page makes Tralee look like its full of morons .By the way where's the cheapest place to get a pint of milk

It's actually the same place where you can the cheapest car insurance, and the best hairdresser to cut your hair up short is there too. Come to think of it there's a dog groomer, child minder and window cleaner aswell.

Someone should really ask these kind of questions more often..

:pac:

kerryked wrote: »
    It's actually the same place where you can the cheapest car insurance, and the best hairdresser to cut your hair up short is there too. Come to think of it there's a dog groomer, child minder and window cleaner aswell.

Someone should really ask these kind of questions more often..

:pac:

Do they know how to replace the screen on a broken iPhone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Do they know how to replace the screen on a broken iPhone too?

I was just about to post that!
    It would have to be CHEAP! though.

And second hand cheap tyres that are as good as new tyres .. ....sometimes I wish I could just thin the herd a little :D

I can't really understand the where's the cheapest car insurance question. How can you answer that. Everyone's insurance is going to depend on them & their circumstances etc, not one size fits all. You can only do one thing & ring around! No one cops that yet! Some of the questions on there really do my head in at times! And how repetitive they are. Does anyone think to read through previous queries first in case it's been answered!??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Ah lads, ye are forgetting maybe the most regular question 'where can I get a cake shaped like a 'insert whatever you want' cheap! Someone even suggested it should be a pinned post it was asked so often.

What fascinates me then is that no one gives any thought as to whether or not all these 'food suppliers' are in any way registered or inspected, now some are recognised names so that's fine. But there are loads of random names thrown out, sure let's just feed cake from a random stranger's house to our own kids and all the neighbours without knowing anything about whether the person making it has any clue of food hygiene etc.

• Advertisement

I remember not long ago someone asked something like -
    'Can anyone recommend someone that would mind my two kids tomorrow' :eek:

I remember not long ago someone asked something like -
    'Can anyone recommend someone that would mind my two kids tomorrow' :eek:

Saw that!! :D nuts!

Saw that!! :D nuts!

Thought you only had the one?
    :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

F

F

:D

I just saw this update on the BTS Facebook page!

Update:
    Today saw us get access to the majority of our equipment and now I have it in storage.

We have been in negotiations with the owners of Centre point Building opposite the Train station, and we are still waiting on confirmation on available units and proposed rents. I am currently at the mercy of people coming back to us with the required details.

September the 30th Reopen date is unlikely due to the above.

I just saw this update on the BTS Facebook page!

Update:
    Today saw us get access to the majority of our equipment and now I have it in storage.

We have been in negotiations with the owners of Centre point Building opposite the Train station, and we are still waiting on confirmation on available units and proposed rents. I am currently at the mercy of people coming back to us with the required details.

September the 30th Reopen date is unlikely due to the above.

Mmmm... Lee Strand own that building and afaik, a gym is the last thing they would want in there, last I heard they were in negotiations with the HSE to rent a large section of it long term.
    With all the places that are idle around town, I think that is nearly the last place you would inquire to rent space for a gym.

Mmmm... Lee Strand own that building and afaik, a gym is the last thing they would want in there, last I heard they were in negotiations with the HSE to rent a large section of it long term.
    With all the places that are idle around town, I think that is nearly the last place you would inquire to rent space for a gym.

And why announce it when you haven't even negotiated it yet!?

And why announce it when you haven't even negotiated it yet!?

Exactly!
    And the fact that he has only got access to (and not even all) his equipment now would indicate to me that his former landlord is holding out to get his rent.
    I cant see a queue of property owners lining up to have him as their tenant tbh..

• Advertisement

Got some take-away there this evening, the place looks well but the food was only alright, definitely not as good as the Tamarind.

Advertisement